Dr. ELENA FRID

Grad. Year: 2006

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 14/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. ELENA FRID has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 2539641
23/01/13 5 5 5 5 I had an excellent experience from the first phone call to my appointment meeting with Dr. Frid. I felt so good about the time spent and confident that I will be helped by Dr. Frid. The staff is great and so the office. I recommend Dr. Frid very highly.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 2531367
14/01/13 5 5 5 5 Found Dr. Frid on google while searching for a neurologist on the UES. Her name came up, and after reading great reviews on zocdoc and google, making an appt was an easy decision. Scheduling staff was professional and didn't rush me like in other offices. They actually gave me a call few days after i have scheduled, because they found an earlier date for me. My appt with Dr. Frid was great. The appt lasted about an hour. Dr. Frid was patient, took lots of notes and asked a lot of questions. She took a neurological exam, reviewed my pr MRI results, and was very keen to my issues and concerns, which she thoroughly addressed at the end of the visit. Prior to leaving, Dr. Frid made sure I left with samples of prescribed medication, and her office staff made sure all of the needed tests (MRI, bloodwork) and prescriptions where authorized and approved prior to my testing. Dr. Frid is truly a unique neurologist. She is kind, compassionate, smart. I recommend her 100%
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2529019
12/01/13 1 2 1 1 She didn't return my phone calls or follow up. Indifferent attitude towards patients and the office staff puts in minimal effort to help out.  Respond
RID: 2486479
30/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Frid is top-notch in every category. She is highly intelligent; she patiently explains what you need to know about your condition; she performs tests in a considerate manner; you receive the highest quality medical expertise and attention possible. The office is immaculate; the staff are lovely; the waiting time was very short. I highly recommend Dr. Frid.  Respond
RID: 2485073
28/11/12 5 5 5 5 The office was clean and the wait time was not bad for NYC. I their location is good I thought considering their is an MRI office a few blocks away. All my appointments were punctual and Dr. Frid gave me the time I needed and their was not a sense that i was rushed out, like i have experienced before.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2484591
28/11/12 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor , short waiting time , I with her for over 30 minutes addressed my concern.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2484029

27/11/12 1 2 1 1 I have felt very uncomfortable about the professionally of her office. She and her staff have misshandled records said other patient names infront of me and has consistently messed up my scripts. She has also ordered what I consider to be unnecessary tests. I think this doctor has a lot of potential but she needs to learn how to run and office.  Respond
RID: 2296363
27/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Frid is excellent. She is very well informed and communicates clearly and calmly with you as a patient. She spent a lot of time with me at my first visit and was very thorough. She listened and asked the right questions. She was not rushed or distracted as many NYC doctors are. I hughtly recommend her for any neurological concerns.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2263863
17/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr.Frid, First came to see me at Lenox hill where I was being treated for a heart issue. I also presented a weekeness on my left side. I have been her patient for over 6 months and out of the 17 doctor"s that are treating my conditions from being 911 first responder she by far is number. She is not quick to throw out a diagnosis. She began a intensive physical therapy. Which has been on hold due to heart issues. I know she will get me the treatment i nedd to recover from musculoskeletal and my tramumatic injury. You could not find a more decated caring doctor to help you through these very difficult neurological disorders.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2256022
15/06/12 5 5 5 5 Helpful, very kind, and thorough from the first visit. With a single medication she has caused some new, annoying symptoms to vanish, and for some lifelong symptoms to remediate more and more.I adore her, and have recommended her to friend from the first visit.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2255585
15/06/12 5 5 4 4 Dr. Elena Frid and staff are absolutely wonderful. Dr. Frid is great and knowledgeable, has given the answers to my questions and has helped me with my medical issues. Thank you Dr. Frid.
RID: 2255535
15/06/12 5 5 4 5 Very proffesional and knowledgeable. I definitly recommend her.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2255459
15/06/12 4 3 5 5 Elena Frid is a very thorough doctor, and I was honestly glad to be seen by her. She is very kind, understanding and listens to what the patient has to say. Her recommendations were good and she carries herself very professional. If in doubt of your own Neurologist, you should definitely give her a try. A++ in my book!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield