Rate Dr. Yogesh V. Patel

Dr. Yogesh V. Patel's Ratings

Failed to meet ADA requirements -- then when they did -- I GOT A LECTURE!
I had to ask 3 times for accommodations for my migraines, while there were plenty of nurses who could have helped me (I actually saw at least 5 nurses chatting away as i walked to his office a few minutes later -- two of them were available to carry the chair into the
hallway for me).

Migraine sufferers beware: the waiting room smelled like a perfume counter, the TV was on full volume, cell phones were going off, and the radio was on.

When I was finally accommodated, I asked the manager why they don't have a 'no perfume' policy she was rude and basically told me I was the one with the problem. Not only was I finally given a chair in the hallway (AFTER ASKING 3 TIMES -- WHILE THERE WERE PLENTY OF NURSES CHATTING AWAY AND DOING NOTHING AND WHO WERE AVAILABLE TO HELP), the manager (who wore more perfume than anyone), came out into the hallway and
said Dr Patel would like to speak to me.

Dr Patel did not apologize for breaking the ADA law. Instead, he lectured me on not being the type of patient he felt like he could work with. He said he would look over my records and THEN decide if I was fit for his practice because he said, "We are getting off to a bad start."

I was provided with no care and no concern from him or anyone on his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

My mom 77 years old and has had chronic pain over 30 years and he has helped her for about 5 yrs and Dr Patel knows really knows the different options to keep her pain at rest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I limped into Dr. Patel's office after a month and a half of back pain which had left me unable to sleep, walk, sit for only a limited time. I had already gone to the ER and limited relief from morphine plus laudanum. Even in my cranky mood, Dr. Patel was patient, calm, understanding and showed compassion. He explained a plan of care and prescribed me meds that focused more on calming me down in preparation for a series of 3 injections. Although I am aware that my back disc deterioration began 30 yrs ago and is degenerative, I was still pleased with the results of my care. Dr. Patel made it possible to regain quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][105071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

Dr. Patel was very knowledgable and patient with me. He spent a lot of time with me during my visit and allowed me to ask many questions. He came highly recommended to me from a friend of mine and he exceeded my expectations. The office staff was friendly and timely. I am very happy I made the decision to go to Coastal Pain and Dr. Patel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][105070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

Have been injured for 28n years,seen an army of doctors of various specialties. That includes the best at UCSD and Scripps, the best neurologist from Sharp and this man was the worst experience of my life! He actually hurt me when he offered physical assistance and while relying on his strength he offered a 'limp' arm stating he wasn't about to hurt his back. Having been a physical trainer for over 30 years, a fact that saved my life in 1986 from a rollover MVA where I broke my neck in 7 places. He caused me to strain my neck, upper and lower back with one very un-compassionate gesture. This man is a pompous, privileged man and judgemental. When I told him I had been a trainer for over 30 plus years he proceeded to poke me in my now slightly overweight belly. Lost the ability to exercise 3 years ago, I am now 57. I'm sure if he likes you and are willing to take drugs or cut nerves he would be much more compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][105072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Quite Simply one of the brightest and best young pain Doctors in San Diego. I Started seeing him in 09 and have been very happy with his practice. Professional, understanding and effective are words I would use to describe him. Pain management is truly his calling and as a chronic pain patient with over 15 years of dealing with different doctors of varying skill, I can honestly reccomend him as the one to see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][105069].votes_count ]]