Dr. Michelle C. AZU

Grad. Year: 2003

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Michelle C. AZU has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Michelle C. AZU
Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5492461
24/05/14 4 5 5 5 Dr Azu operated my left breast for three cancerous lesions in 2010. She was excellent. If I ever needed more surgery, I would follow her to Chilton Hospital in Pompton Plains, NJ, even though I live close to New Brunswick. NJ.
RID: 5228849
07/03/14 5 5 5 5 Well I was so confident after meeting her the first time, I did not hesitate to have her do my lumpectomy in 2010, that here iam trying to track her down for future use. She was the best eventhough we had some kind of power issues in the facility due to the heat. You cant fake compassion and she was great. Im happy that I now know where she is. By my second appointment, I did not need to know any details because I knew in my heart she would do the very best she could for me, and she did.  Respond
RID: 5177072
13/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azu is a consummate professional, an expert in her field, who also takes the time to be present in every way to each and every patient: she listens, she cares, she respects her patients and their family members. She treats the whole person, not just the symptoms or the disease.
RID: 4728659
01/02/14 4 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr.Azu to anyone. Her bedside manner is excellent. She's knowledgeable,compassionate and truly cares for her patients. More importantly she LISTENS which is very rare with doctors. She doesn't judge you no matter what you share with her. I was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer ,I underwent chemo therapy and had a bad reaction and was admitted in the hospital for 28 days during that time I was extremely ill. I was under the care of my oncologist,butDr.Azu came to my hospital room to check on me when she heard I was there.I cried when I saw her because she was truly concerned about me and the care I was receiving. No one likes to hear the (c)word cancer and If you do have cancer, I would highly recommend DrAzu.She is a diamond & she shines brightly in her care,compassion and knowledge of her field & in the eyes of her patients.Her smile is reassuring &compassion genuine.Chilton is lucky to have Dr.Azu on staff & I was also as her patient.I love her:)
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michelle" to "Michelle C."

29/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Pompton Plains" to "New Brunswick"
RID: 2509175
22/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azu recently performed a lumpectomy on me and I was very pleased with her from the first time I met her right through the surgery. She took her time in explaining what was wrong and what her treatment would be. I found her to be very thorough and would definitely recommend her to others. I also found her staff to be helpful and conciencious as well.
RID: 2491412
05/12/12 5 5 5 5 I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Michelle Azu. I have worked in the health care profession for more than thirty five years, and I can’t say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Azu. I had three opinions in all, and she is by far the most informative, compassionate, and supportive physician, my husband and I encountered. She is more than generous with her time. I never feel rushed as she patiently listens to all my questions and concerns. I owe a lot to Dr. Azu, The Breast Center staff, and also Dr. Anthony Berlet, my plastic and reconstructive surgeon, for the excellent and kind care I received before, during and after my double mastectomy, six weeks ago. Together, they helped me process the overwhelming information and understand my options completely. The Breast Center at Chilton Hospital is lucky to have Dr Azu as their newly appointed surgical director, and so am I.  Respond

23/10/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "New Brunswick" to "Pompton Plains"
RID: 2159565
24/05/12 4 5 5 5 Simply put- she is amazing. I saw 2 other surgeons before finding her. She never rushed me when answering my list of questions- not once. She sat there patient as can be with a quiet, humble confidence..she knows her stuff. I have never been so scared in all of my life and after meeting her I knew she was right whn she said "we will get through this".Love, love, ,love her!
RID: 2124928
09/05/12 4 5 5 5 Routine mammogram showed 2 nodules and I was referred to RWJH-CINJ. Dr. Azu was the first available surgeon and I didn't think twice when I googled her and found great reviews about her. Biopsy was done and both lumps are benign. However, one of them is a papillary lesion and Dr. Azu recommended excision. Having gone through the process which was stressful (because of the fear of the unknown), Dr Azu is an angel in disguise, to say the least. She's knowledgeable, very pleasant and took her time to answer all my questions; and ease my worries, as well. A surgery is scheduled in a few weeks and I'm very positive that she'll take care of me.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1580462
05/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azu is extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She spends as much time with you as you need. She patiently answers all questions and researches information when necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Azu.
RID: 1442221
16/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Azu is a great surgeon , who is kind and understanding. Dr. Azu will do all that she can for you and will let your family know ,if you ask her to let them know what is happening and will call anyone of them if you ask her. I would give her and APlus rating and would recommond to anyone . When I was told that I had breast cancer she was right there with me and thanks to her quick work I an now cancer free. PLEASE IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A great dOCTOR PLEASE SEE DOCTOR AZU.
RID: 1384154
10/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Azu helped me through this very difficult time in my life.I found her to be compassionate,knowledgeable and professional.She did the surgery on both breasts,the right breast was cancer and the left breast was benign.I had very little to none pain.Healing process was quick.As a matter of fact I have more pain with the radiation than the actual surgery.I am very greatful to Dr.Azu,I thank God for her.I speak on behalf of my children and my family.I would strongly recommend her to anyone in need of a surgeon.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1343689
22/01/11 5 5 5 5 My experience with Dr. Azu was both professional and extremely comforting. She was dilligent in trying to access what I had found as well as making sure she knew everything about my particular situation. I found it extremely comforting to know I had a voice and that I was apart of the process. She made sure I understood everything that was happening to me.  Respond
RID: 1334384
12/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azu is extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and does all the little extras that make her a great doctor.  Respond
RID: 1332581
10/01/11 5 5 5 5 I could not have encountered a more compassionate and caring and knowledgeable physician than Dr. Azu. She took her time with me answered and explained the necessary steps that would be involved with my care. The breast exam that was performed was one of the best exams that I had received in a long time. I left her office with a peace of mind ready for a journey that turned out to be Benign!..Thanks Dr. Azu
RID: 1331567
09/01/11 5 5 5 5 I reside in Delaware. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2010. I searched far and wide for a reputable medical cancer institution. I decided on Robert Wood Johnson hospital in New Jersey. I called the hospital and Dr. Azu was recommended as a Cancer Surgeon. My husband and I met with her. After the consultation, I felt very confident that I had made the right dicision. She offered me options and exposed me to various resources. Later, Dr. Azu perfomed a lumpectomy on me but the lab results indicated additional cancer cells in the surround tissues. Dr. Azu again offered me options, I decided on a mastectomy. She performed the mastectomy and Dr. Wey did reconstructive surgery. Dr. Azu's bedside manner and follow-up care was amazing. She took a personal interest in my progress. By her calm and positive approach, she turned a fearful ordeal into a manageable experience. I high recommend Dr. Azu to any patient undergoing cancer ordeal.
RID: 1330134
07/01/11 5 5 5 5 I have seen several doctors in the past, but I have never encountered a doctor who is sincere, meticulous in her examination and attentive in listening to my concerns as Dr. Azu. She is very kind and was thorough in her examination. She provided me all the time I needed to examine and treat my condition. The operation I had was clean without any complication and her follow-up care was exceptional. I am very grateful for Dr. Azu.
RID: 1329479
06/01/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Azu is a compassionate, wonderful physician. She takes her time to listen to patients and is meticulous in her examination and review of my records. I am awaiting a biopsy now
RID: 1302542

28/11/10 2 1 1 1 She is very unprofessional. Was not compassionate with my health complaint and lack of work ethics. I felt she did not perform a good health exam, and i expressed my opinion with her, and she was very annoyed, hurtful with her words and just completely unethical dealing wioth my complaint. Also she does not have many yrs. of experience, and she thinks she cannot misdiagnosed because she has a degree.
Insurance: CIGNA