Dr. James T. Rutka

Dr. James T. Rutka

Rate Dr. James T. Rutka

Dr. James T. Rutka's Ratings

Brilliant is the first word that springs to mind. He is great with autistic kids ~ very patient doctor. He saw our son, when a specialist @ another hospital made a grave error by putting him on a specific medication & that specialist refused to see us ~ Dr. Rutka said it was causing our son "Catastrophic Affect" & took our son off the medication right away (we saw Dr. Rutka in the ER @ Sick Kids.) Dr. Rutka is a life saver (if our son stayed on this specific medication, he would have had a stroke). Just so kind & treats your child with utter respect, regardless of their disability. Well known by a lot of parents of autistic children with seizure disorder & all have said they are pleased with the surgical outcomes to control their kids seizure problems. A lot of happy customers with this great doctor. We are now going transfering our son's care down to Sick Kids. Thanks a million Dr. Rutka.

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

Dr.Rutka is my sons NS and has performed all 8 of his surgeries. He is an amazing Doctor and a very down to earth and friendly person. He always talks to us like "people" and explains things in simple terms for us to understand. He's called our house to check up on him and always replies promptly to emails we send him. We are very blessed to have him be Quinn's Dr and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2011 | flag

Dr Rutka performed Emergency surgery to remove a cavernous malformation that had bled and grown to the size of a lime on my 1 year old son's brain. He saved our sons life and spoke with such knowledge and care. We will be forever grateful and fortunate to have crossed paths with such a truly gifted person.

Submitted March 27, 2011 | flag

Excellent surgeon. Very caring, he goes above and beyond for his patients, for that we are truly grateful.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag

He performed brain surgery on our daughter in Feb'10 and is one, if not the best Doctor we have dealt with. He was never in a rush when we had questions and provided thorough and understandable answers. Perhaps the most profound experience we had with him was the phone call we received the night before my daughters surgery asking if we had any additional concerns/questions. He is undoubtedly the Gold standard and we are lucky to have access to qualified professionals like him.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

He an amazing doctor. He performed an operation on my daughter. Very intelligent and the best bedside manners. If you do not like/respect him there is something wrong with you!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2011 | flag

He is my son's Dr. and we fully trust him and recommend him to other neurosurgery patients.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2011 | flag

Amazing Doc that saved my life. He removed a brain tumor that I had at age 4 and looked after me until age 18. I am very happy that he was there for me.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2010 | flag

Best doctor anyone can wish for. I am sad I can no longer see him.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Rutka is great with small children. My daughter just loves him, and it makes the trip to Sick Kids good. He gets right to the point and never leaves me unsure. Best Dr.

Submitted July 29, 2010 | flag