Rate Dr. Elizabeth A. McDonald

Dr. Elizabeth A. McDonald's Ratings

I made an appointment with Dr. Elizabeth McDonald 6 months ago after reading an article in the newspaper about a Celiac Disease group. Dr. McDonald was cited in the article. I have Hepatitis C as well as Celiac Disease and was unhappy with my own gastro. She sounded good to me so I made an appointment. After filling out paperwork and waiting for an hour or so, I made it back to an exam room. I also had several years worth of lab reports. Half an hour later, Dr. McDonald stuck her head in the door to tell me that she would not see me. She did not treat Hep C. "What?" I asked, shocked. She doesn't treat Hep C. I rallied and told her that I was more interested in Celiac disease. She told me that "The C will complicate things" Huh! I asked why the front desk did not tell me this 6 months before. She said that she was "discussing it with them" Total incompetence and a complete waste of time - 6 months worth. Do not go to this idiot!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Outstanding in every way. She is very knowledge and friendly. Will listen to patient and answer all questions. Will not rush you out the door. Takes time to explain things to you. Super!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

I saw her once, she is SO hyper. She told me to go to the ER because I needed immediate surgery. I waisted 5 hours in the ER and was then released with a prescription for the very nausea medication I had asked her for. I never did have that surgery and it's been a long time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2012

I only saw Dr. McDonald one time (for a colonoscopy). It took quite a while to get an appt with her but I feel it was worth the wait. She was very personable as well as her staff. I was notified of my results in a timely manner. I would recommend Dr. McDonald.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

I think she is great and very knowledgeable. I typically don't like doctors so this is big for me. The only negative I have is that it is difficult to schedule an appointment. The wait time tends to be long but I can see why because she takes time talking with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2011

I went to her twice, and found her to be rather arrogent. She seemed afraid to do an endoscopy on me because I have Lupus, and she said she had not have good results with doing this on Lupus, or Sjogren's Syndrome patients...I think (based on the way she said it) that she had been sued before, and didn't want to take any more chances. I would never go back to her, as there are better GI doctors in Metairie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Could not ask for a more caring doctor and helpful staff. I left another gastro doctor because I could not get the staff to call me back with test results, which were very important to my treatment. I switched to her and she or someone from her office will always call. She even called my insurance company to assist with approval of a medication I needed. She is the best,takes time,really listens,do not blow you off and takes all of the time you need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Dr. McDonald is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. It does take a couple of months to get an appointment but I believe thats because she doesn't push patients out the door in 10mins like so many doctors now days. Her and her staff are very punctural about returning phone calls and answering questions. Pending on ones symptoms, she will fit you in earlier. I called her office because I started bleeding. They called me back and told me that she would fit me in that same day to get to her office ASAP. Needless to say I ended up in surgery. I love her and would recommend her to all my family and friends. I wish I could find a doctor like her in every medical specialty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

Saw this doctor for a number of years. Initially I thought she was wonderful. Wait time was in excess of an hour.After being under her care while in the hospital. I called her office with problems and was told it would be over a month before she could see me. I would recommend other doctors in the area before her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007

Dr. McDonald exemplifies what a doctor should be. She is caring and knowledgable. No rushing for her. Great lady.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1977415].votes_count ]]