Rate Dr. Howard S. Ort

Dr. Howard S. Ort's Ratings

I first came to see Dr. Ort about 12 years ago when I had terrible allergies. He gave me the right medications including Flonase which relieved my symptoms within a few days. He also gave me information about how to avoid exposure to some of the things I was allergic to. My kids are also his patients and they like his that he is gentle and calming.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient with Dr. Ort for over 20 years. He is very knowledgeable and will see you for same day appointments. I have had asthma all my life. My only complaint is that he doesn't seem to give refills, wants to see you in the office. He's excellent!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2009 | flag

Dr. Ort has always been good at listening to what we have to say, asking lots of follow-up questions, and then giving us things to look for in the future. He isn't alarmist; he is very matter of fact. (No hand-holding here...if you are looking for a sympathy hug, you're in the wrong place.) He reads the charts and notes carefully, and then follows up on past illnesses and problems in case there are patterns. When your child has asthma and allergies, you need a plan, and Dr. Ort helps you understand what to look for, when to be concerned, when to take a child to the emergency room, and when to just make notes. He is also very punctual and doesn't dawdle, so be prepared to tell him what he needs to know and have your questions ready.

Submitted July 20, 2007 | flag

Dr. Ort changed the life of my husband and son. My husband was sucking on inhalers all the time and was with a regular M.D. and he allowed it. Dr. Ort was shocked and could not beleive what he was allowed to do. Dr. Ort put him on the right drug and now he is free of inhalers 98%of the time. Are son was also born with asthma and his trigger was only when he was ill with a cold so Dr. Ort found the right med for him and drasticly cut back the number of treatments needed per cold. yeah thankyou for the help. He tells you straight out how it is and how it has to be for you to get results. Some people have a hard time with that so be ready to take your medicine. (sorry for the pun) He will call you at home to see how things are going and will always get back to you if you have a questionl. I enjoy his staff and the seating area for kids one side for the sick and the other side for the well. good luck to you.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2005 | flag