Dr. Dori R. Mortimer

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 22/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Dori R. Mortimer has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5288589

20/03/14 1 1 1 1 Our 1st baby arrived two weeks ago. We were discharged from hospital on Wed. Our girl was brought to Dr Mortimer for her follow up visit on Fri. Dr Mortimer insisted to have blood draw on our baby there because she thought she looked yellow. As Asian we do look more yellowish than other races. However my baby girl had two bilirubin tests done at hospital and passed both. One of the tests is within 48 hours . We were unsure about necessity to have another blood draw on our tiny baby. So we turned her down and went to another pediatrician on the same street for second thought. There we were told the baby is fine and were suggested to monitor the amount of dirty diapers. But this Dr. keeps calling us and left threatening messages to ask us to bring our baby back to her office. She even mentions she'll report to authorities to take our baby away from us if we don't do that. We have to send her a certified mail stating she is fired and no longer our girl's pediatrician to end the nightmare.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Dori" to "Dori R."
RID: 2553626
07/02/13 5 4 5 5 Nothing but respect for this wonderful doctor. She takes her time to care for our son and daughter and we appreciate her thoroughness....even to the point of calling us after hours to discuss our needs. Yes, the office can be crowded, but I have never experienced any rudeness from the staff - they seem to be doing the best they can with the situation at hand. I would recommend Dr. Mortimer to anyone who needs a Pediatrician.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2325653
05/07/12 5 5 5 5 Honestly this is the first review I've ever written..for anyone.I actually went on this site to get Dr. Dori's mailing address and read her reviews out of curiosity. Dr. Dori has been the pediatrician for both my daughters for the past twelve years. Both of my daughters have special needs with on going medical problems. I have come to respect and love this woman/doctor for not only her compassionate and incredible professional care but also because she truly loves her job caring for children. Dr. Dori and her staff will make every attempt, oftentimes after hours, to not only ensure that children are treated and healthy, but will refer you to other specialist if it is something that warrants furthur medical treatment. Her staff has always been kind and professional, sweet and caring.The complaints I read about waiting time are either exagerated or simply untrue.Yes at times, there are emergencies and sometimes we need to be paitent and appreciate that we have medical care in this country.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1170379
15/05/10 3 3 5 5 Dr. Mortimer cares and enjoys a challenge. She also has lots of connections or professionals she can recommend you to for additional assistance for your child. Previous reviewer is correct though. I've been on hold about 3 hours over the last year just to TALK to see if we could get in for an appointment for ear infections, colds, etc. (After 30 minutes on hold I hang up). We end up at Urgent Care or CVS Minute Clinic instead.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
See Responses
RID: 881895
08/05/09 1 5 4 5 Dr. Mortimer is knowledgeable, however office is burdened with far too many patients, and the staff is terrible.  Respond