Rate Dr. Bruce Yoneda

Dr. Bruce Yoneda's Ratings

Without doubt the best doctor I have ever been treated by. He repaired torn meniscus on both my knees over a 14 month period. Both were like near new knees within a few weeks post op! Golfing within 3 weeks after on both after some good physio and rehab. Has a great sense of humour and great bedside manner. Very approachable and down to earth. I highly recommend him for knee surgery.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2014 | flag

Fantastic doctor who can see through the bulls**t. He was able to discover the true nature of my severe injury, in spite of the jokes of WCB Doctors I was first sent to. He advocates for the patients and will not bend to the will of the WCB or ICBC. There can be waits to see him, but it is worth it, and a phone call to his fine staff ahead of the appointment can reduce wait times. I had this injury 17 years ago, I've had 20 surgeries, and I've seen MANY doctors, and Yoneda knows his stuff better than any doctor I've seen.

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

Dr Yoneda is very entertaining but his personality doesn't work for me. 8 months after my scope for a torn meniscus I still have pain and can't pin him down for an explanation. I have not been able to get the message through to him that inability to walk properly is life altering as it impacts my ability to look after my home and garden as well as earn a living. I need more information and it's not forthcoming.

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

Dr Sun and Dr Yoneda gave me back my life many years ago. I had extensive back surgary and was told, at best you will allways walk with canes. Well I ended up walking Wittys lagon with my dogs for years, up down all around with no cane perioud! Years later I damaged my knee and was in so much pain I took the first doctor who would take me (wosrt decition of my life) As with all surgarys, there is a waiting. You will wait long periouds in the dr's office, you will wait... thats a fact! Your not the only one there! By the time my knee surgary came, I walked down the stairs that morning as a normal person, 2 years later I heve never been able to walk Wittys lagoon and can't even walk my dogs anymore. My knee sugary from another has done me more harm than good rite from day 1! Now I'm so bad, I can't work anymore. I will wait for Yoneda, because if, "Yoneda a dr", you wait for the best! I never found things rushed, he listened, he explained, blunt and to the point. I allways respect that!

Submitted June 12, 2012 | flag

He is one great doctor - he gives you the time you need - lets you ask questions and is a very knowledgable doctor. He also has the best sense of humor for a professional. I highly recommend Dr Yoneda.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

After 3 visits with Dr Yoneda I have waited a total of 8 hours in his office, yes a full days wages lost! He finally operated on my knees after 2 years. Post op surgery appointment he told me i can never squat, lunge, use stairs again! This was after removing bone spurs on my knee caps. So I can't use the washroom in his office as you have to go upstairs? His bedside manner is horrible, zero information given to me after my operation (Had to get an explanation from my physiotherapist on what he did) I will never waste my time with him again. There are other excellent surgeons out there! Although Dr Yoneda will be the first to tell you how great he is!!

Submitted Feb. 19, 2012 | flag

He's a good surgeon, honest, very laid back which is fine by me. He is very busy so often he gets behind and I have to wait.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

This specialist has been our best find in BC. He has saved my wife's knee from the ignorant and rough surgical approaches of others and as a medical person myself I would fully endorse his knowledge. Wait times are more a function of his attention to each patient's needs than a lack of compassion with booking arrangements.

Submitted April 19, 2010 | flag

After reading some of the comments, I should have checked this page out BEFORE I went to see him. My appointment with him was at 9am, and I did not see him until 10:30am. That is pretty unprofessional. In the appointment, he gave a cursory exam, asked me about my history but was not paying attention to what I said, told me I sprained my MCL and ACL, and that I would have to wear a brace. Not believing him, I went and got a second opinion (Dr. Gershmann; awesome doc!) and found out my ACL WAS COMPLETELY TORN!!! How, as an orthopaedic surgeon, do you miss something that significant?!? Very frustrating doctor. If you went to see him, get a second opinion. If you are going to see him, CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT!!!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2010 | flag

First of all my family doctor sent three referrals before the office of Dr. Yoneda accepted me, saying they'd never received a referral before, though there was fax confirmation each time. When I visited Dr. Yoneda for the first time it was a year after my injury. He said it was a problem with my medial meniscus and there was nothing he could do about it, but I could wear a brace for the rest of my life. I continually re-injured my knee following the first injury and this was because my knee could bend (with pain associated) left and right. When I moved to Vancouver I had another accident involving this bending and quickly I saw a surgeon who said there is a problem, it's very likely we can fix it and I need you to have a MRI (Dr. Yoneda had said no) and as it turns out my ACL was completely torn. This happily was fixed and I thank all my doctors who changed my life! Now Dr. Yoneda will not answer my insurance company and is preventing me from receiving long term disability!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2009 | flag