Rate Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader

Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader's Ratings

I had surgery a few weeks ago for a very large ovarian cyst with a lot of unknowns and was rather traumatized about the whole situation. I had scheduled a few appointments with different surgeons and Dr. Fader was the clear choice. She is extremely personable, caring and professional. Going in for major surgery is a scary feeling but I knew that I was in good hands with Dr. Fader. My family was also very pleased with Dr Fader as she was very accommodating and informative throughout this whole process. Highly recommended and very thankful that I am a patient of hers.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

I had a hysterectomy in December and it went very well! Dr. Fader was great! I was so pleased with the process and my recovery has been fantastic. All in all it was a very easy recovery. I came home the same day as the surgery and the soreness was gone in 4 days. I only have to watch lifting! I am very please with Dr. Fader, GBMC and her staff.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2014 | flag

I met Dr Fader after visiting two other surgeons. Each one said I did not need surgery. I had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer or cancer of unknown primary. Since my case was very unusual I wanted as much info as possible and have always felt that what should not be there, should be removed. With breast cancer they would have removed my breast. Why not do the same for ovarian helping confirm the diagnosis. Dr Fader was recommended by my oncologist. The moment I met her I knew she was the right one for me. I liked the way she said she would suggest surgery if I were her mother in an effort to clarify the diagnosis. The surgery was performed robotically hence a quicker recovery. Her staff at Hopkins followed up a few days later asking how I was and if I had any questions. None of us know what the future holds, but I rest easier knowing she and her team are on my side. They are all very professional and very personable…the two things that to me make a great doctor.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

My mother is a patient of Dr. Fader's and has raved about her since their initial meeting. I was equally impressed when I met her during my mother's treatment. When I was diagnosed with cancer less than a year later, I reached out to Dr. Fader for a second opinion. Although she was on vacation with her family, she took the time to speak with me. And I wasn't even a paying patient! What impressed me the most, however, was her ability to explain medical terms in a way that I could understand. I learned more from her about cancer cells and treatment protocols during our 30 minute conversation than I learned anywhere else. Because I think so highly of her I even considered driving to Baltimore from Virginia for treatment, but my regimen requires several days of treatment in a row which would be too difficult for me to manage. I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Fader. She is perhaps the perfect doctor -- the right combination of compassion and knowledge.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fader was recommended by a friend who is an OBGYN. Before I even met her, I had heard rave reviews about her ability as a surgeon. I truly believe her skills have saved my life. Since 2010 Dr.Fader has performed surgery on me twice for Stage IIIC ovarian cancer. She is without a doubt the most compassionate doctor I have ever had. She is so kind and warm, and always takes the time to explain everything until I understand it. She is extremely smart, and always has an informed answer to every question. My husband did a ton of research after I was diagnosed, and Dr. Fader was knowledgeable about even the most random study we asked her about. There have been times where I have had to wait to see her, but I remind myself that she is often times called into emergency surgery. I would recommend her to anyone who needs and Oncology GYN.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2013 | flag

I'm very disappointed at my recent visit to Johns Hopkins. When I first call for an appointment they made me wait for several weeks. On the day of my appointment, Dr. Fader asked her staff to contact me to come earlier several times. I finally decided to come a few hours earlier than my appointment and she made me wait 2 hours. Finally I was seen by a resident. She came at the end of my appointment to apologize. She claimed that the delay was due to inappropriate staffing, however, this happens very frequently. If she knew that she was going to be delayed, she should not have been so insistent on me coming earlier. She has cancelled other of my appointments and reschedule for no clear reasons and on the last minute.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2013 | flag

I met Dr.Fader for a consultation to remove a benign ovarian cyst. I did'nt know which doctor I was meeting that day but she was available at the time. My first impression of her was great. She met me with a smile, shook my hand with both of her hands, had eye contact and was very personable and warm. She took the time to explain everything to me as far as how we should proceed. I did not have any questions for her at the end of the meeting because she was so thorough. She knows how to make her patients feel relaxed and she is very skilled at her craft. I highly recommend her.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

I met Dr. Fader when she joined Hopkins as Director of Gyn Onc.I didn't know I would be diagnosed with a gyn below the belt cancer (www.foundationforwomenscancer.org) but my suspicion was high.I searched doctor review sites.I was trusting my life to someone I hoped would get me, see me as a woman with a disease, not as the disease itself, who would integrate the best medical knowledge, share decision making, help me navigate Cancerland, one with a deft surgical hand to deliver the best outcome & stand by me if tough times were to follow. Welcome to Dr Fader! She's awesome, compassionate, smart! I had robotic assisted surgery, no complications.Under her guidance am getting chemo.Her RN helped me understand side effects, even asked if I had any sexual concerns! Her support staff are on the ball.Nothing slips through the cracks.Paperwork is done in a timely manner.Hugs are plentiful.I can easily reach Dr Fader by cell, email.She has kept me in the loop the entire way & I am most grateful!

Submitted Sept. 20, 2013 | flag

Recently I was diagnosed with Gyn Cancer.This was a very frightening time and Dr.Fader was there to offer support,guidance and a hand to hold. She answered all my questions thoroughly,and made me feel extremely comfortable in understanding the surgery and what the outcome hopefully would be.She offered her services at anytime to contact her with any questions or concerns.She even offered to speak with my family to explain the procedure .She checked on me regularly both in the hospital and upon my return home. I have had many doctors over the years but Dr. Amanda Fader was by far the best. With all of her credentials one might feel intimidated but not so, her warmth, compassion and ability to reach out to her patients is a true gift. Having Cancer can be a difficult lonely road but having her as my doctor may the path smooth sailing. I would highly recommend Dr.Amanda Nickles Fader and Johns Hopkins Hospital

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

Waited at my appointment to be seen for over 3 hours. 2 months after my appointment, when I realized my current birth control prescription ran out, I asked for a new prescription for birth control and the doctor said no because I hadn't scheduled my surgery yet. Literally appalling. Since that is where I had my last papsmear, I do not know where I will be able to obtain another prescription. They showed no concern or compassion for my health. Only interested in scheduling surgeries to make money. Do not recommend this doctor and actually have strong negative feelings toward the staff and their unhelpful and rude attitudes.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag