Dr. Edward Y. Koo

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Edward Y. Koo has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

18/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.1
RID: 2461707
30/10/12 5 5 5 5 One word - FANTASTIC! Dr. Koo was my ophthalmologist and now takes care of my daughter and brother as ell. He is an amazing physician, surgeon and man. He has taken expert care of my family and his staff is wonderful too. I can't say enough about how wonderful he is and the staff at Mills-Peninsula Hosptial love him too. He puts my mind at ease and makes himself available to me whenever I need. Just a great man!
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

08/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

01/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1059031
16/12/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Koo always treats me like a member of his family. When i was being worked up for Lasik and they discovered my corneas were thinner than they had originally measured, he sat me down and said, "If you were my daughter I wouldn't do the surgery on you. It's simply too risky" His associate, Dr. Chern, is also very kind and caring. Amy who does the scheduling knows the constraints of my work schedule and always works extra hard to fit me in. And lastly, one of the other optometrists (whose name escapes me at the moment) went absolutely above and beyond the call of duty. I traveled to Mexico and did not bring an extra set of contacts. When I lost one she overnighted a pair to me so that my vacation wouldn't be ruined. That to me was the most impressive thing any one has ever done for me. I highly recommend Dr. Koo and his team and will never go to another ophthalmology office again.
RID: 989873
17/09/09 1 1 1 1 I chose this physician based on reviews and was extremely disappointed. He was not interested in hearing my concern with my eye which is the reason I went to see him. The staff were extemely superficial and I got the feeling that unless you had been seeing him a long time, they had enough business and were not interested in new clients.
RID: 768810
20/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Koo is a very good eye surgeon and I like him very mich since he takes time to explain everything to you when you ask questions.Our family has gone to him for years for eye checks and prescriptions for glasses.For the several emergencys we have had he is right there with his expertise.I recommend him without reservation.
RID: 744907
16/12/08 5 4 5 5 Going to Dr.Koo's office was a delightful experience. The staff was very helpful and super kind and Dr. Koo was very knowledgeable and caring. He was the only ophthalmologist of many to diagnose my age-related macular degeneration. I highly recommend this doctor because of his expertise and great personality.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

27/02/08 SYSTEM: 5 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 484504
15/01/08 5 4 5 5 Every time that Ive been to this office, I felt like I was always treated extremely well. All of the staff was nice as well as the offices were nice. I'd definitely recommend going to this eye doctor.
RID: 442087
10/11/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Koo is a very smart guy, figured out what was up after primary care missed it (and I was only sent to see Dr. Koo as a specialist since I insisted to my primary care there was an issue). I give this Doc my highest recommendation.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 431574
19/10/07 5 3 5 5 Very good doctor, but expect a wait at times. He's very high in demand, but is very thorough, friendly, and quick when he finally sees you. Great optical shop selection as well, without the high pressure sales tactics of other offices.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 425213
06/10/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Koo was fantastic. Very informative and to the point. Insightful in the information he gave and gave a step by step recovery approaches to my problem, a roadmap if you may. Personable demeanor and candid. He took his time to provide me as much information as I required and gave me great feedback. I definately would recommend him. And although this may not be related to his actual care, his office is very much like a medical spa. Relaxing and soothing. A nice extra touch that shows Dr. Koo is very attuned to details and to patient's needs.  Respond
RID: 421142
29/09/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Koo performed a very difficult procedure on me. I was extremely nervous before the surgery, but he put me at ease with his gentle and caring mannerism. The surgery was successful and in two weeks I was fully recovered. I would highly recommend Dr. Koo as he is a fine surgeon and a kind and understanding human being.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 388306
19/08/07 5 4 5 5 Dr Koo is a very knowledgeable and professional doctor who is highly committed to his field, family, staff/partners, and clients. His style speaks for his integrity, conscientiousness, thoroughness, and respect for his profession and clients. I have lived in multiple large urban areas and he is the best doctor I have ever had in in my lifetime. Occassionally the wait can be a bit long but he is a doctor in demand and works to accomodate emergencies and related interruptions by other patients and therefore, it is inevitable and not an indication of his indifference - far from it in fact, since this shows that he cares enough to take the time needed for each patient. I wouldn't go to anyone else even if I had to wait an hour.
RID: 382282
08/08/07 5 4 5 5 The best! Family of four, and we've all seen him for over 8 years, for a variety of reasons. Cautious, knowledgeable, friendly; excellent staff. Absolutely the best ever! Great new office as well, much roomier and it has a nice plasma tv in the dilation room for the kids.
RID: 382031
08/08/07 5 5 5 5 I had Lasik surgery by Dr. Koo a few months ago, and was amazed by the outcome. Dr. Kooo was very knowledgeable, and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole surgery. He also explained everything that was to happen to me before the surgery and went over the possible complications that might occur very clearly. I felt like I was the expert in Lasik after our discussion. My vision is now better than it was with contacts. I recommend Dr. Koo to all my friends and co-workers.
Paid (or co-pay): $3200
RID: 381011
07/08/07 5 5 5 5 I think Dr. Koo is excellent. He is always friendly, sees patients as quickly as he can without making you feel like he's rushed (at least, I've never felt like he was just trying to get to the next patient). He also knows a lot about what he is doing. I've seen him for the past few years, and will continue going. I have recommended him to several friends and co-workers who have also seen him and agree with me that he is a great doctor. He recently moved to a new office and it has new equipment and a very modern "spa" like look.
Insurance: HealthPartners