Dr. Naims S. Kassar

Foreign Lang: Hindi

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Naims S. Kassar has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Naims" to "Naims S."
RID: 2616359
13/04/13 4 5 5 5 Excellent experience with Dr. Kassar. My surgery and recovery has been good, and he has always answered all my questions. Thank you for taking such good care of me.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2540025
23/01/13 4 5 4 4 A absolutely wonderful doctor who lives up to everything reviews say about him.
RID: 2498357
12/12/12 5 5 5 5 This is the first doctor that I have had that listens to my concerns and provides options and allows me to make my own decision. He is very knowledgeable and caring. I am so happy with him that I am now referring my friends to him.  Respond
RID: 2182542
01/06/12 4 4 5 5 Dr Kassar has always been extremely helpful with me and made me feel very positive every visit whether it was a test after a bad pap or a pregnancy checkup. He's always so happy and more doctors need that attitude. I always felt my issues and concerns were important and that I was getting the best care. When it came time for my baby to be delivered he looked out for my safety along with that of my baby and I appreciated that he always asked what route I wanted to go and let me make decisions. I had a c-section that was performed in a matter of minutes and I was constantly confident that I was in great hands.
RID: 1723606
27/02/12 1 1 1 2 I have been a patient of Dr. Kassar after my primary care physician referred me to a specialist after my papsmear came back abnormal. With that being scary/stressful enough, I entered the unfriendly, abrasive office of Dr. Kassar. His staff does not communicate to you and assumes you know where to go, what to do, etc - even when you're a new patient. The nurses who lead you in merely point to the scale for you to get on. You're then abruptly asked, "Name...age...height...okay get completely undressed and wait." So now, you're naked, waiting and feel emotionally assaulted before Dr. Kassar even performs the pelvic and breast exams! Way to make your patients feel comfortable. Dr. Kassar is a nice enough man, but he does NOT spend any more than 3 minutes with you - so get your questions ready. I'm not even sure he has listened to me over the last 2 years because he is always talking about me "getting pregnant" when I'm not even married and don't want kids for atleast 5 years when I do. :(
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1479089

05/07/11 3 4 1 2 I RECENTLY FOUND OUT AFTER 8 YEARS THAT THE TUBAL HE DID ON ME 8 YRS AGO WAS NOT WHAT WAS SUPOSE TO BE DONE. I TOLD DR KASSAR IN THE OFFICE, & AT THE HOSPITAL THAT I DID NOT WANT MY TUBES CUT, I ONLY WANTED THEM TIED. "I HAD NO IDEA THAT THEY BURNED ANYTHING" WELL, I WANTED TO GET A REVERSAL DONE A YEAR AGO & THEN FOUND OUT HE CUT, TIED, & BURNED ALONG WITH CUTTING SOME OF MY TUBES OUT. I ALSO ASKED HIM ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS, HE SAID THERE WERE NONE EXCEPT NOT GETTING PREGNANT. THAT WAS VERY WRONG, I NEVER HAD CRAMPS BEFORE & NOW THERES TIMES I CANT WORK OR DO ANYTHING DUE TO CRAMPS, I HAVE BAD HOT FLASHES EVER SINCE, ECT. I GOT REMARRIE 8 YRS AGO, HE HAS NO BIOLOGICAL KIDS & NOW NEVER WILL. THE HURT IS SO DEEP FOR US THAT I WOULDNT WISH IT ON MY WORST ENEMY. I COULD SEE IF I DIDNT CLARIFY HOW I WANTED IT, BUT I DID! NOW THE DR WANTS 7000 IF HE FIX'S WHAT HE DID. THE REASON WHY I GOT THE TUBAL DONE FROM THE START WAS CUZ I MISCARRIED 1 OF MY TWINS AT 4 MOS & HAD TO HOLD HIM UNTIL THE END.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1476367
30/06/11 4 3 2 3 DR. Kassar was my doctor during my first pregnancy. The experiance was generallyl awful. He was generally cold and spent little time with me. He was quick to perform a c-section without trying alternatives. Worst of all he was very rough with my female parts. He was clueless about the gentleness needed when perfoming pelvic exams etc. Swore I would never got to him again :(
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1054307
10/12/09 5 4 4 5 Dr. Kassar and his staff provided consistent and excellent service. If you are looking for a "soft" doctor that is going to sugar coat everything - then you should look elsewhere. However, if you want to know the facts, what you need to do and appreciate a straightforward and honest team - this is the office for you. I had a fantastic experience with my first pregnancy and would recommend Dr. Kassar without hesitation. He was supportive, honest and realistic when it came to what I should be worrying about and what I should not. I developed gestational diabetes and he was extremely helpful, kept me calm and didn't at all panic, but rather provided me with the necessary tools that I needed to take care of it.
RID: 891424
19/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Kassar is a highly qualified and knowledgeable professional. I have been with him for 2 of my 4 pregnancies, my visits were most well tooken care of while in his care. He is a patient, skilled, caring, enthuised,and most trusting OB GYN Dr. I have ever come to meet. I would, recommend him to anyone who is searching for a Dr. in the region. He has been a blessing to me, and will always be grateful, that in these days I can count on someone who is this gifted to care for me and my chilidren.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 853173
05/04/09 1 2 4 4 I've only seen Dr. Kassar once but I am so disgusted with the office environment and the lab techs that I want to comment. The first woman who drew my blood left a huge mark that was sore for days. No one has ever done that before. She also did not get all that she needed for my lab work and I had to go back 2 weeks later, after they realized "some very important tests were not done." When I went back, the next woman also left a huge mark and inflicted more pain than necessary. She didn't seem to know what she was doing and had to look in a book before drawing my blood. Not very reassuring. Enough about the incompetent lab staff. Next, the emphasis the office places on boob jobs, tummy tucks, and face lifts is disgusting and tasteless. Everywhere I looked there was a poster for some kind of costmetic surgery. As if that's not bad enough the services are broadcast while you're on hold. Dr. Kassar is nice but I may look elsewhere.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 505037
05/02/08 5 5 5 5 I have gone to Dr. Kassar for over 25 years and so have many, many friends and family. He is the most knowledgeable, caring doctor I have ever gone too. He has diagnosed things that my primary doctor didn't. He has always taken the time to answer all my questions even if it meant a phone call to reassure me. He is one in a million, I have three kids two of which he delivered both see him now as adults and love him. I can't say enough about him, I just wish there were more like him out there.
RID: 389325
21/08/07 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Kassar for 13 yrs. I think he is amazing. Yes, he is busy as most successful doctors are ( he has very many patients). His staff is on the ball and always helpful. As far as his issue with weight...as a doctor his concern is your welfare and the welfare of your child. If you are heavy he is not afraid to tell you. Sometimes the truth hurts. I too was told I was heavy and I was. I would rather he assert honesty than never say anything and my health be in jeapordy. Awareness is healthy!!! Kudos to Dr. Kassar, his colleagues and staff!!!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 372646
24/07/07 3 4 5 5 Had recent annual exam and Dr. Kassar is always very helpful and answers my questions even when he is very busy. Awesome Doctor and will to go the extra distance when i had a problem with my insurance company approving a surgerical procedure i needed.
RID: 307695
03/05/07 2 2 2 I have been to Dr. Kassar multiple times trying to investigate my fertility issues. Every time I see him, he doesn't seem to know why I'm there. I don't expect him to remember everything about every patient, but I do think it's reasonable to expect him to look at my chart before he tries to give me an annual exam when I'm just there for test results. He also has been recommending IVF from the very start without thoroughly testing me or making sure it wasn't an issue with my husband (which it turned out to be). Because I've been a strong advocate for myself and done plenty of my own research, I've been able to request the tests I think I need and he has complied in writing orders for me. Overall, I don't think he's necessarily a bad doctor, maybe he's just not interested in or knowledgeable about fertility issues. Also, I'm not super picky about office staff, but at the San Dimas location they seem very busy and often don't bother with helpfulness or good attitudes.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond
07/04/07 I have not been to this doctor, but to another one in the practice. I will be filing a claim with the state medical board about an incident that happened with that visit. I just want readers to know that Dr. Kassar had a malpractice judgment in the amount of $908,544 in 1995. Check it out at http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.Que... Respond
RID: 237279
27/03/07 3 3 5 Dr. Kassar is quite knowledgeable, but he does not spend very much time with you. You have to literally have your questions ready for him or else he is ready to push you out of the room to see the next patient. He does not spend more than a maximum of 5 min. per visit. Usually his time limit is 2 min per visit. He also loves to comment on your weight during your pregnancy. He will tell you that you've gained way too much weight even if their weight gain is within the norm. Toward the end of the pregnancy he'll probably tell you you will give birth to a giant which isn't true either.  Respond
RID: 8919
06/07/05 4 5 5 My inlaws recommended Dr. Kassar to me because he delivered both of my neices. I am ever so grateful! Dr. Kassar is one of the kindest doctors I have ever met! I miscarried my first child and he was nothing but kind to me. I am currently 6-1/2 months pregnant and a high risk pregnancy (overweight, gestational diabetes, over 35) and he has been very encouraging about helping me through. I trust him implicitly. He has made comments about being careful about my weight (I am assuming that it is because I am grossly overweight), but I always felt that his comments were directed toward the safety of my own health and that of the baby. I highly recommend Dr. Kassar as a OB-GYN.
RID: 8212
13/06/05 4 3 5 Dr. Kassar is an experienced professional and can be completely trusted with job. HOWEVER, his bed-side manner has room for improvement and he comes across as abrasive at times. Dr. Kassar did not hold his comments back when I gained too much weight during my pregnancy even though it was a sensitive issue for me. His comments only made me depressed and frustrated. Perhaps he should have held his comments until after the baby was born or disguised his disapproval as a deep concern for me rather than a criticism. Overall, Dr. Kassar was a good doctor and I would go back to him for my next baby. But next time I will be more prepared for his disapproval of gaining too much weight.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user