Rate Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman

Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman's Ratings

my eye situation, but after repeat nagging from my wife, I decided to get a second opinion at the UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute. The mere fact that I was able to schedule an appointment almost immediately, and then the NEXT DAY be scheduled for a surgery was unbelievable. I am so thankful, and owe him my eyesight, and my return to normal life. Dr. Hubschman is gentle, thorough, polite, good-mannered, to say the least… knows his stuff. He came well recommended. Immediately upon meeting him, he put me at ease with his gentle manner. It also helped, and meant so much, that he could speak French, my native language. His caring explanation of exactly what was wrong with my eye, why I couldn’t see, and what we were going to do about it. The entire process has been very much a partnership, he brings in the knowhow and the expertise, and I do what he says.

It has not been an easy process, my situation was complicated, but I do not regret choosing Dr. Hubschman for my surgery, and continued process of my healing. I trust him with my sight and I have no doubt that he was the best surgeon I could find.

Alex, his assistant, is also top notch, makes the phone calls that are necessary and he deals with the insurance, with I very much appreciate, because of the complexity that is involved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Excellent eye surgeon. knowledgeable and answered all the question in detail prior to surgery and the surgery was a total success, He performed cataract and vitrectomy surgery at he same time. I would recommend the doc to anyone with retina issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I am a type 1 diabetic that required surgery in 2012. Dr. Hubschman fixed my eye and I have had zero problems since. I fly from the Reno area for follow-ups each year. He is an amazing doctor and his staff is wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr Hubschman fixed my eye. For months I had been treated at another highly regarded retina vitreous practice and I saw five of the partners. My doctor was uncertain how to treat my problem and his partners did not agree on one procedure. Dr Hubschman immediately knew how to treat my eye . He had both the skill and the state of the art tools he needed. Before surgery he cautioned me that there might be some vision loss but he assured me I would be able to return to an active life. The surgery went smoothly and the outcome was better than expected. The team was both professional and kind. I had no loss of vision and look forward to an active life without any restrictions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Dr. Hubschman has been working re-attaching my wife's retina and follow thru with the necessary steps beyond that date. I found him to be conscientious , compassionate and caring.
He handles the patient with utmost respect and answers questions with a sense confidence, thus not inducing on the patience any alarm.
His diagnosis and finding are brief and to the point. His instructions are short and and crystal clear.
He gives every every ounce his energy to do what he think is right for the patient.
In short, he gives to his patient the ship, the sail, and the rudder. Finding the light house is the patient's job as he can not monitor the patient's behavior while he or she is following his instruction.

We, my wife and I feel that he heels the patient physically ans psychosomatically.
Nafissa Maiwandi/Shuk Rashidi

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Thank you, Dr. Hubschman for taking pride in delivering outstanding medical services. I hope your example well set a standard of excellence in the delivery of medical service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2474754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

After 5 unsuccessful surgeries to my left eye, I was blind and only given a slight percent of every regaining any sight. Dr. Hubschman spent 3 hours in surgery trying to save my sight. I am now beginning to see enough to be able to walk down my hallway and get around my house. My sight continues to improve. My eye was dying and Dr. Hubschman has not only saved my eye, but, has reversed the damage. I am grateful Dr. Hubschman was not willing to give up on me or my eyes. I owe him more than words can express. I may never drive again, but, at least I will be able to do more than just sit and listen to the TV. I would recommend Dr. Hubschman to anyone, especially those with complicated cases or no hope. He has worked a miracle with my sight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2243389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I was diagnosed with a Macular Hole in my left eye. Through research, my sister found the best ophthalmologist in Los Angeles, Dr. Jean Pierre Hubschman of the UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute. I was able to secure a consultation the following day. All of his staff is very compassionate and friendly. Dr. Hubschman thoroughly explained my condition, surgical procedure and recovery. He answered all my questions. His confidence put my nerves at ease. He performed a miracle and saved my eyesight! I have full confidence in Dr. Hubschman and would highly recommend his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2243388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

My husband, John, needed to have retina surgery to remove a epimacular membrane, and our ophthalmologist, Joseph Caprioli, M.D., also an incredibly competent UCLA physician,recommended Pierre-Jean Hubschman, M.D., of the UCLA Stein Eye Institute. We found Dr. Hubschman to be an amazingly competent, personable, compassionate retina specialist. He sincerely cares about each of his patients. During each of our office visits Dr. Hubschman has been very attentive and patient answering questions and carefully explaining details related to my husband’s eye conditions. Each of Dr. Hubschman’s staff functioned as a perfect support system, detailing to us what to expect at each visit, answering many questions, and letting us know about the time commitment needed in order to allow for dilation, photography, etc. We would, without reservation, recommend Dr. Hubschman as an extraordinarily competent, compassionate retina specialist and surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2243387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

I'm so thankful to have found Dr Jean-Pierre Hubschman at the Jules Stein Eye Institute. His compassion, professionalism, knowledge concerning my treatment and surgery is unequaled. Before coming to see Dr Hubschman I was treated by three specialist over a 7 year period after I experienced a severe Vitreous detachment in my left eye. I suffered with huge dark floaters center vision and was totally dismissed even though I continued to complain that my vision was getting worst. Unfortunately the same problem occurred in my right eye and I finally did my own research and made an appointment with Dr Hubschman. From our very first meeting and examination I knew I was in good hands, every question and concern was taken seriously and the care I received from him and his staff is OUTSTANDING. There is no question in my mind Dr Hubschman saved my eyesight, surgery on my eye has been extremely successful.I had a Vitrectomy, membrane peel and macular pit surgery.I highly recommend Dr Hubschman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2243386].votes_count ]]