Dr. JEAN-PIERRE HUBSCHMAN

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 27/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. JEAN-PIERRE HUBSCHMAN has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5551737
09/06/14 5 5 5 5 After 5 unsuccessful surgeries to my left eye, I was blind and only given a slight percent of every regaining any sight. Dr. Hubschman spent 3 hours in surgery trying to save my sight. I am now beginning to see enough to be able to walk down my hallway and get around my house. My sight continues to improve. My eye was dying and Dr. Hubschman has not only saved my eye, but, has reversed the damage. I am grateful Dr. Hubschman was not willing to give up on me or my eyes. I owe him more than words can express. I may never drive again, but, at least I will be able to do more than just sit and listen to the TV. I would recommend Dr. Hubschman to anyone, especially those with complicated cases or no hope. He has worked a miracle with my sight.  Respond
RID: 5524697
05/06/14 5 5 5 5 I was diagnosed with a Macular Hole in my left eye. Through research, my sister found the best ophthalmologist in Los Angeles, Dr. Jean Pierre Hubschman of the UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute. I was able to secure a consultation the following day. All of his staff is very compassionate and friendly. Dr. Hubschman thoroughly explained my condition, surgical procedure and recovery. He answered all my questions. His confidence put my nerves at ease. He performed a miracle and saved my eyesight! I have full confidence in Dr. Hubschman and would highly recommend his expertise.  Respond
RID: 5493995
25/05/14 5 5 5 5 My husband, John, needed to have retina surgery to remove a epimacular membrane, and our ophthalmologist, Joseph Caprioli, M.D., also an incredibly competent UCLA physician,recommended Pierre-Jean Hubschman, M.D., of the UCLA Stein Eye Institute. We found Dr. Hubschman to be an amazingly competent, personable, compassionate retina specialist. He sincerely cares about each of his patients. During each of our office visits Dr. Hubschman has been very attentive and patient answering questions and carefully explaining details related to my husband’s eye conditions. Each of Dr. Hubschman’s staff functioned as a perfect support system, detailing to us what to expect at each visit, answering many questions, and letting us know about the time commitment needed in order to allow for dilation, photography, etc. We would, without reservation, recommend Dr. Hubschman as an extraordinarily competent, compassionate retina specialist and surgeon.
RID: 5423626
24/04/14 5 5 5 5 I'm so thankful to have found Dr Jean-Pierre Hubschman at the Jules Stein Eye Institute. His compassion, professionalism, knowledge concerning my treatment and surgery is unequaled. Before coming to see Dr Hubschman I was treated by three specialist over a 7 year period after I experienced a severe Vitreous detachment in my left eye. I suffered with huge dark floaters center vision and was totally dismissed even though I continued to complain that my vision was getting worst. Unfortunately the same problem occurred in my right eye and I finally did my own research and made an appointment with Dr Hubschman. From our very first meeting and examination I knew I was in good hands, every question and concern was taken seriously and the care I received from him and his staff is OUTSTANDING. There is no question in my mind Dr Hubschman saved my eyesight, surgery on my eye has been extremely successful.I had a Vitrectomy, membrane peel and macular pit surgery.I highly recommend Dr Hubschman.
RID: 5344206
14/04/14 5 4 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Hubschman. He is kind, considerate, skilled,patient, and came recommended by the Chief of Opthamology Division at UCLAs Jules Stein Institute. Dr. Hubschman performed vitrectomy on one of my eyes after cataract surgery. Everything went as described and expected because he took the time to explain everything clearly and thoroughly. Then he took more time to answer my questions and stressed I should call if I had other concerns. Though he was very busy, he worked me into his schedule so that I could have the cataract surgery on the date which had been reserved. His residents were wonderful and his staff helpful. Dr. Hubschman is a clinical instructor/retinologist at one of the best Eye Treatment Centers in the world, the Jules Stein Institute. US News and World Reports considers it one of the best eye hospitals in the USA. I rate it the "go to" place for eye problems. I know many people who have had successful outcomes because they were treated there.
RID: 3643174
27/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman performed a vitrectomy on my left eye to remove the floaters that occurred after a posterior vitreous detachment. He is a clinical instructor in retina and vitreous surgery at the Jules Stein Eye Institute, the department of ophthalmology at the UCLA medical school and one of the foremost such departments in the country if not the world. From Dr. Hubschman I received superb care. The surgery and my recovery were uneventful, so the procedure and its aftermath were a complete success. Owing to age my other eye will likely be afflicted with a detachment, and for the vitrectomy that will probably follow I will return to Dr. Hubschman, to whose skill I entrust my eyesight and whom I recommend absolutely.
RID: 3629405
10/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hubschman is an outstanding physician that has helped me with numerous retina problems. He is an outstanding practitioner of care and is extremely considerate with his patients. I would recommend Dr. Hubschman without any hesitation.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2859719
17/09/13 5 5 5 5 Jean-Pierre Hubschman provided me prompt and professional care recently for a retinal condition that appeared suddenly without warning. And, within hours I was in his care and successfully treated for this serious eye condition. I have recommended his expertise to family and friends, and consider myself very fortunate to have found him and the Jules Stein Institute, in my hour of need.  Respond
RID: 2854884
13/09/13 5 5 5 5 My mother recently had an eye emergency and Dr. Hubschman saved her vision! I am almost certain that without his intervention she would have lost the little vision she had left. Mom suffers from macular degeneration (MD) & had lost vision in one of her eyes years ago.About 2 months ago she sensed a vision change & attributed it to her MD. Once we arrived at Jules Stein it was determined she had a retinal detachment in her "good" eye. They referred her to Dr. Hubschman who immediately had her undergo emergency surgery. He gave her a 60% recovery chance due to her MD. He opted for the gas bubble procedure as he was trying to be the least invasive with her good eye. After about 10 days, my mother started regaining her vision. Not only did Dr. Hubschman attach her retina successfully, he was able to bring back more of her vision that had been lost with the MD.I wholeheartedly recommend and endorse him for any retinal issues you may suffer.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2740635
29/07/13 5 5 5 5 My Experience with Jules Stein Eye Institute began on New Years weekend of 2000 with a severely torn retina. Over the next several years with 3 different Dr.'s I had 14 laser or cryogenic surgeries for torn or perforated retina. My experience all along with the Jules stein Dr.'s and staff was outstanding. Then I developed an epiretinal membrane in both eyes. The one in the right was more severe. That is when I met Dr. Hubschman. Dr. Hubschman was excellent in alleviating my fears prior to the procedure being done on my right eye. My Vitrectomy [including epiretinal membrane peel] was done in concert with cataract removal by Dr Levinson, also with UCLA. The result was outstanding. I now have clear, 20-20 vision in that eye. I am almost looking forward to having the procedure done on my left eye, but Dr. Hubschman advises to wait, because the membrane on that eye has stabilized and I have great confidence in Dr Hubschman and would highly recommend him for this type of surgery.
RID: 2622120
19/04/13 4 4 4 5 Dr Hubschman. Explained every step of my pre eye surgery. He was concerned with the swelling in my eye and made sure all required test were done. Good bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr. Hubschman. The waiting time was about 15 minutes for pre-testing and over all visit was 1 1/2 hours
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2598052
23/03/13 5 5 5 5 Fantastic doctor and staff! They saved my eyesight. I would definitely recommend this doctor.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2563986
19/02/13 5 5 5 5 I was recommended to Dr. Hubschman to treat membrane macular disorder. Dr. Hubschman was very informative in explaining me the details of the procedure and what I should expect during the recovery process. He calmed my nerves before the surgery by being sensitive to my fears of pain. Surgery was a complete success. I would highly recommend Dr. Hubschman to anybody. I’m also very appreciative to all staff members. Front desk representatives were very kind and supportive through the whole process. My big appreciation to Anna who helped me to manage this process with my insurance company. And waiting time was no more that 10-15 minutes, imagine this… All together I’m very happy and grateful to Dr. Hubschman and his staff. Thank you very much.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2539415
23/01/13 5 5 5 5 When my husband started having problems with his eyesight he, being diabetic, resigned himself to losing his vision completely. Enter Dr. Hubschman and his life changed completely. The surgery, in both eyes, restored his vision and gave him the confidence in a clear visual future. Dr. JPH out-of-this-world expertise is nothing short of miraculous! To top this off the good doctor is informative, patient to no end, even with people (like ourselves) that inquire about everything! Fortunately for us, he also has a sense of humor! He exudes confidence in himself and in modern medicine. The procedures that he performed were extremely delicate and the latest in medical technology. Briefly, he removed the vitreous humor (the gel inside the eye), scraped the retina to remove a membrane that covered it, and fixed the retina in place with laser. Scary to think about it! We are profoundly grateful for all that he has done and we want to encourage anyone to see him or, at least, to get his opinion.  Respond
RID: 2479366
20/11/12 5 5 5 5 Gas Bubble Surgery...After having cataract surgery in August of 2009, I was told I was suffering from an aggressive form of wet macular degeneration and that I should seek immediate consultation from a retina specialist. I was fortunate to get an appointment at UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute and was referred to Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman. In a most professional and caring manner, Dr. Hubschman explained that I would continue to lose vision in that eye unless I began a series of injections. The vision in that eye has stabilized and I am grateful. However in October, 2012, I developed a blood clot in that eye and Dr. Hubschman strongly recommended surgery whereby he would remove the vitreous and replace it with a gas bubble; a most delicate surgery. Dr. Hubschman was hoping that he could successfully perform the surgery and restore my vision to where it was prior to the clot. Indeed that is what happened...my vision is back to that point. Thank you, Dr. Hubschman!
RID: 2431080
22/09/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Hubschman treated my detached retina. The results - 20/20 corrected vision. Very happy I didn't lose any vision.
RID: 2429131
19/09/12 5 4 5 5 I suddenly developed a detached retina. He scheduled an emergency surgery for me the next day, and has followed my case since then. The man saved my eye and my vision. He is a gifted doctor who I would recommend to all. I would also recommend Jules Stein to all as well. Sometimes they get a little backed up and you have to wait, but given the fact that they oftentimes are dealing with an emergency, they must be forgiven.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2426200
16/09/12 4 4 5 5 ten days after macular hole surgery my eye was imroving nicely. one month later , the recovery was much better than expected. this doctor is highly skilled, very fast and accurate. i was amazed how skilled he was in comparison to two other good doctors i had visited.i am very satisfied with my surgery and recommend him to anyone needing to have eye operation and please ignore some shortcoming on the part of some staff members.
RID: 2159428
23/05/12 2 3 5 5 Dr. Hubschman's knowledge and skill is absolutely amazing. But I wasn't impressed by his office staff at Jules Stein .  Respond
RID: 2134844
12/05/12 5 5 5 5 Wonderful treatment from doctor. Very pleasant and helpful staff concerned with patient's treatment and well-being.
RID: 1722430
25/02/12 4 5 5 5 I went to Jules Stein for a detached retina. I was seen by Dr Hubschman. I had surgery the next morning. Even though the surgery schedule was full, Dr Hubschman added me on. He is amazing and saved my eyesight. I am very grateful for his Technical Mastery and I now have 20/20 vision. The staff were also very good. Thanks to all.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user