You may also like

Rate Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman

Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman's Ratings

Dr. Hubschman is a gifted surgeon. My retina had a lot of damage due to scarring from a virus I had in my eye years ago. I also had a cataract that needed to be removed which was a high risk procedure given the fact that my retina was damaged and therefore had a high risk of detaching. With two surgeries and some laser treatments Dr Hubschman was able to remove the cataract, clear up some of the scarring and strengthen my retina. As a result my vision improved dramatically. I am very grateful to Dr Hubschman for using his expertise to help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Hubschman's for the past two years for a condition of retinal membranes in both eyes. Having been an RN, I can honestly say that he is one of the most professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable doctors I have ever had the good fortune to know. In addition, he is passionate about his chosen field and has treated me with excellence. I had the membrane in my right eye removed in December, 2014 and the result was excellent. My entire experience in his office including the receptionists, technicians, fellows and nurses has been everything I could have hoped for. Dr. Hubschman is a superb physician and I could not recommend him more highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Saw Dr. Hubschman for visual loss due to Macular problems, specifically a Macular Hole defect (a type of detached Retina.) Appointment was quick within a very few days. Dr. Hubschman was very polite, professional, informative and optimistic about a surgical repair and its outcomes. Vision was 20/200 to start, and improved to 20/50 post-operatively - and continues to gradually improve. Surgical care and facilities at UCLA Jules Stein was the best of the best. They took great care of me.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have Dr. Hubschman as my Ophthalmologist / Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon. He exudes confidence and knowledge, and does so in a very positive and upbeat manner.

I owe the saving my vision to Dr. JP Hubschman. We are quite fortunate that he is at UCLA Jules Stein. I recommend him 110% - he is an Angel. SS 2/2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

When you go to see a doctor either for a visit, or for a procedure, you need to make sure that he is knowledgeable, caring, and able to communicate clearly. I went to see him few months ago and his sense of urgency and care was admirable. he is very proficient in what he is doing and has received many awards in three countries, England, Spain and USA. Beside all of these qualities, he speaks three languages fluently: English, French and Spanish.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2747976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Got an appointment quickly to check out flashing lights and very dense floaters. Thorough investigation and diagnosis with a "spot weld" of an eye lesion. Subsequent and successful removal of dense floaters that blocked by vision. Will educate you about your condition and the alternatives with potential side effects. Easy to talk with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

My wife had cataract surgeries on both eyes is her early twenties. Due to her stretched retina situation, no lens implants nor capsule removal was done on her due to the high risk of detached retina. With the corrective glasses, she was able to see close up and far away almost 20/20 without lens implant.
25 year later, the capsule that used to hold the lens has detached itself from the ligaments on one eye, and eventually on the other eye a year later, and piled up in the center of her pupil causing cloudiness and eventually blindness. This happened to the first eye on our third day of a two week vacation in Maui. Image the feeling of getting blind suddenly in Paradise. The experience was so dramatic. We had to take an urgent overnight flight in order to be at UCLA at 8:00 next morning to see her life time Jules Stein retina doctor. After checking her eye, he almost gave up on her as no other options are available for her than waiting for the clouds to ever go away ! Any surgery on her eye could have caused high risk on damaging her retina. My wife was miserable for long time. She thought she had no more options and blindness is her only destiny. Until Dr. Hirschman was called into her doctor's office during one of her too many visits at Jules Stein for a second opinion by her own doctor about her situation. His presence was very noticeable. He checked on her and immediately said: I will fix you, no problem. He said his words with authority and pride. He also added, and if something happened to your retina during the surgery, I will fix it myself. The confidence in him was like someone was capable of performing miracles. I personally felt unusual relief and joy in my heart. After answering a lot of our questions with full confidence, I was so impressed by his knowledge and expertise. The fact he has double expertise, retina and cataract, that made him more valuable and more impressive. I felt he was a messenger from heaven who was sent to help who needs him most. I Immediately told my wife he's the Man...! Incredible, how he restored hope back to her. He eventually performed vitrectomy , cleaned up the capsule and corrected holes in her retina with reinforcement of the retina perimeter, all in one operation. The first surgery was done successfully last year. My wife just recovered from her second surgery. I have no words to describe how successful that was again! She owes him her eye sight, and I owe him peace and joy back to our family life. We both are forever very grateful to Dr. Hubschman. He is definitely a prodigy doctor that the medical will always be proud of his tremendous accomplishments. Good luck Dr. Hubschman in serving the humanity, may God always bless your works! Elie Daher 12/12/2014

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2651574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr. Hubschman is the most caring eye specialist s that I have met. His knowledge, expertise, and his caring of the patients are admirable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

my eye situation, but after repeat nagging from my wife, I decided to get a second opinion at the UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute. The mere fact that I was able to schedule an appointment almost immediately, and then the NEXT DAY be scheduled for a surgery was unbelievable. I am so thankful, and owe him my eyesight, and my return to normal life. Dr. Hubschman is gentle, thorough, polite, good-mannered, to say the least… knows his stuff. He came well recommended. Immediately upon meeting him, he put me at ease with his gentle manner. It also helped, and meant so much, that he could speak French, my native language. His caring explanation of exactly what was wrong with my eye, why I couldn’t see, and what we were going to do about it. The entire process has been very much a partnership, he brings in the knowhow and the expertise, and I do what he says.

It has not been an easy process, my situation was complicated, but I do not regret choosing Dr. Hubschman for my surgery, and continued process of my healing. I trust him with my sight and I have no doubt that he was the best surgeon I could find.

Alex, his assistant, is also top notch, makes the phone calls that are necessary and he deals with the insurance, with I very much appreciate, because of the complexity that is involved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Excellent eye surgeon. knowledgeable and answered all the question in detail prior to surgery and the surgery was a total success, He performed cataract and vitrectomy surgery at he same time. I would recommend the doc to anyone with retina issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I am a type 1 diabetic that required surgery in 2012. Dr. Hubschman fixed my eye and I have had zero problems since. I fly from the Reno area for follow-ups each year. He is an amazing doctor and his staff is wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566585].votes_count ]]