Rate Dr. Joan F. Bailey

Dr. Joan F. Bailey's Ratings

Dr. Bailey is an excellent doctor and she knows her field well. She works well with my primary care physician, an internist. Her diabetic specialist, Laura Nolan, is difficult to work with and is a challenge to deal with. She only explains what she is doing if you ask; otherwise she just tells you what to do with your insulin pump. Dr. Bailey needs to find a friendlier and better diabetic specialist to adjust your insulin pump and the person needs to teach as she makes changes in your pump so you know why she is doing various changes. She needs a better staff to serve a fine doctor. Her staff does not operate at the same level as Dr. Bailey.

Submitted June 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Bailey is at the top of her profession. I can't say enough about her. She is knowledgeable, passionate and caring about her work. With the amount of time she takes with each of her patients you can expect to have long wait times. If you want to have shorter wait times educate yourself so all of us patients can benefit with shorter wait times. Now to the bad! Unfortunately I have to agree with all the above complaints regarding her office staff. Not that they are rude, just not on point and not knowledgeable. Hard to make appointments and not flexible.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2013 | flag

I waited almost two hours for my new patient appointment several years ago but since then my ultrasound and follow-up appointments have been very timely. Dr. Bailey is very thorough and methodical and knowledgeable. I have been very happy with my experience so far. The staff seem very busy - so they seem a little short but they have never been rude or irritated, just "to the point." I have received a cancer diagnosis so I will be seeing Dr. Bailey/staff more often so I will keep the review updated.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Baily and PA Debra Bayham are awesome. They give you plenty of time and make sure all your questions are answered. You never feel rushed. I feel blessed to have found this office. I have tried several other endocronologists and found this team to be the best. The staff is very helpful. They have always been polite. I would highly recommend.

Submitted April 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Bailey's staff and nurses are THE WORST! They are rude and very uneducated. They did not get my blood work correct.

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bailey I hope one day you will take the time to read the messages we have left here on this site. I know in your heart that you like what you do and the care you want to give to your patients. But overall, I have to comment on how your run your day to day operations. I am not the first to say that no one calls you back after being told you need to have blood work. And then you are placed on hold numerous times before someone gets back on the phone (I take it they must think I really don’t have anything going on in my life to stay on hold for over 10 min).. I would suggest that you hire a very knowledgeable and educated Office Mgr, run the office like a business otherwise I cant imagine how it wont affect your relationships with your patients or lack thereof.. I waited so long to come in and see you and I am at the point, were I don’t feel you care about me as a patient and others obviously. I value your knowledge and education, but something has to give... sorry..

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bailey is a great physician; she is very compassionate and wise. She takes the time to sit and talk with the patient; my first appointment was an hour long! The big issue is not getting return phone calls, even in a serious situation. It takes an average of 2 weeks to get a return phone call or answer to your question. I would recommend that you see Dr. Bailey, but that you would also have an already good relationship established with your internist or primary care physician who can "run interference" for you and answer some questions when she or her staff is not available.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2011 | flag

I had no problem with her staff but my problem was with her. While she is clearly knowledgeable, I found her to be rude and unhelpful to my concerns. It was almost impossible to get her to call back with my blood tests results and I had to call numerous times to get them. According to the receptionist, the results had been sitting on her desk for four days before she called and this was after me telling her that I urgently needed them since I had a forthcoming appointment with my GP. I am not a fan and will not be back.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2011 | flag

will not return calls, I left 4 messages so far and have no clue what I should be doing about my meds

Submitted May 23, 2011 | flag

I really like Dr. Bailey and even though she has staffing problems, it is worth it to see her. She is knowledgeable and generous with her time. She does go through a lot of staff, so if they are rude one appointment, chances are they will be gone by the next appointment. I fax her on a regular basis and someone in the office gets back to me that day.

Submitted March 10, 2009 | flag