Rate Dr. Jonathan D. Kunis

Dr. Jonathan D. Kunis's Ratings

Dr. Kunis was "supposed" to be helping my son with addiction. He saw him once, told him he needed inpatient treatment. However, since he never failed outpatient treatment, insurance would not pay. A follow up appointment was scheduled, but after collecting his money, told my son, and myself and my wife, that since he is "not following medical advice", he couldn't treat him. Basically just indicated that he couldn't treat his addiction and depression and see ya. What's he there for. I explained that he tried to follow medical advice, but was unable to, due to the insurance. Then he asked me, as an Obstetrician, what would I do with a patient who I recommended be hospitalized but insurance wouldn't pay. I said I'd fight for the patient with the insurance company, or do the best that I could with what I was given. He just shrugged and gave a blank stare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

I had the EXACT same experience as the first poster! I was receiving 60 8mg strips a month for over a year from a prior Dr. The very first time Dr. Kunis met me, he knocked me down to 30 4mg strips! The next time, 6 2mg strips and to discontinue! Thats very irresponsible and negligent on many levels. I told him many of times how I was NOT ready to go cold turkey off my meds like that. I told I just got a new job and can not go into a manual labor job withdrawing like that, and how I would be likely to go back to the street to not withdraw if he cut me off like that. He could care less! Told me it was all in my head too, and that withdraw is not that bad! How I'm really not sweating and working out the medicine, which was one of my complaints. So I went from 60 8mg strips, to zero in two visits.. after over a year of being on steady dose and doing GREAT. He also started drug testing everyone.. EVERY SINGLE VISIT and charged them $20 a pop! This was at Manatee Glens East - Bradenton

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2474812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

These people are crooks and will take your money and cut u down to nothing on the first visit I was open and honest with them and they cute down from 2, 8mg films a day to 1, 2mg every 3 days because I have been on suboxone for a yr and he said people don't withdrawl from suboxone its all in their heads I left crying and broke and once they get your money they don't refund it if your unhappy with services also breached my hippa rights by calling my mom and telling her I left without excepting the pity script they tried to force on me. They are rude amd nasty and treat you like a junky when I had ten years clean. Their money hungry and don't care about their patients only the money they rob from you they told me when I called it was a maintenance program and would Not ween you down till your ready and the first apt he cut me from 60 8mg films to 8, 2mg films which is one 2 mg films every 3 days and said because it stays in your system for 72 hours tthat's all you need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][223149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2013

Dr. Kunis was very thorough and really seemed to care about me. He took time to hear my story and was very knowledgeable about addiction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][223148].votes_count ]]