Dr. Susan C. Biegel

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 43 reviews. Dr. Susan C. Biegel has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4784061

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Susan" to "Susan C."
RID: 2852127
13/09/13 2 1 1 1 Something needs to be done about Dr Biegle, she is never at the office and is only out for the money!!Enough said..  Respond
RID: 2649491
15/05/13 5 5 5 5 I had an amazing experience at Dr Biegels office. The staff was sooo warm and welcoming I always felt like I was being treated with compassion. The Dr seen me and I addressed all my concerns, she listened and acted on them..Also, what was really nice was they had in house ultrasound... I didn't need to go to another imaging center to have one...love that all this is done under her office...
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 2540066
24/01/13 5 5 5 5 I was very impressed with ALL the staff members, really felt Dr. Biegel put me at rest, made me feel very comfortable and concerned, professional attitude by all. The time frame was amazing, particularly the wait in the front office, MD came in while RN was still completing assessment. All very competent, really appreciated all the tests Dr. Biegel felt were needed, which were not done for a long time, EKG, bone density test, and the fact that these could be performed in the office setting. She also ordered blood work, mammogram, which were long past due also. Dr. Biegel and staff all appeared very interested and concerned in me as a patient. I was highly impressed and glad that I changed doctors to her.
RID: 2035652
16/04/12 5 5 5 5 When I went into Dr. Biegels office for the first time, it was bright and relaxing. The receptionist had a big smile on her face and was very friendly. Dr. Biegel is both a good Dr. and person. It is obvious by her warm demeanor that she truly cares about people. She is knowledgable and extremely professional as well. I highly recommend her to everyone, especially those who are tired of the cold sterile enviornment and treatment that tends to be the norm.  Respond
RID: 1814799
28/03/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent staff. Attentive, friendly and willing to help. I will highly recommend to others.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1814535
28/03/12 5 4 5 5 The staff and doctors always seen to have genuine concern for me... I always seem to get seen pretty quick...
RID: 1782354
22/03/12 5 5 5 5 The office staff are very nice and easy going. Dr. Biegel takes her time to really understand your concerns. I am lucky to have her as my doctor.  Respond
RID: 1774205
21/03/12 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor. Very compassionate and patient with her patients. And always take her time to do the job right.
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

18/03/12 SYSTEM: 1 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

18/03/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1748542
16/03/12 5 2 5 4 I been very happy with dr. Biegel and her staff, I've been a patient since early 1980's. I highly rec this doctor
RID: 1638387
18/11/11 1 4 2 4 I am a newer patient, and have never been seen or seen by Dr. Beigel. The PA and NP are kind and helpful, but the support staff is horrible. Which is making me reconsider this office.
See Responses

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 4 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 6 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1516414
18/08/11 5 5 5 5 I am empressed with Dr. Biegel and her staff's service. They are caring and professional.  Respond
RID: 1497511
27/07/11 5 3 5 5 I've been seeing Dr Biegel for several years. She's very attentive, thorough and caring.
RID: 1473591
27/06/11 4 4 5 5 I've being seeing Dr. Biegel just for flight physical for several years now. I'm so impressed with her over my previous doctor that I'm switching. She is personable and caring and took very good care of me.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1417840

16/04/11 2 1 2 1 Very Disappointed.I COULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANY ONE. Not once did I see Dr Biegel,not once did I see anyone I felt comfortable with. For every appointment I had to wait for a minimum of 45 minutes before they called me in, and then I waited some more one of my appointment was 3 hours long, I only stayed because I was waiting for my prescription. Several times during my visits I was given test results previously discussed, they type EVERYTHING but NO ONE EVER read anything before they started asking me the same questions. Every RN I saw sounded unsure and incompetent, I stayed for 6 months to be fair, but my first instincts where correct.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1370203
23/02/11 5 4 5 4 This is a new MD for me. I did not see Dr. Biegel but two of her PA's. Didn't mind since it was just fact finding. I am mindful of the other comments so will be cognizant of any chaos or whatever and will report in.So far, so good.
RID: 1366659
18/02/11 5 5 5 5 I have been going to this doctors office for years and am thorougly satisfied. My most recent visit was for a dexa scan and it was quick and painless.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 1366598
18/02/11 5 5 5 5 I find Dr. Biegel very helpful and knowledgeable. We lost or health insurance and found doctor Biegel. She has been very understanding about our finaces. She doesnt rush us out of the office she listens to us. Both me and my husband loves her staff. They give us reasurrance and they are very helpful. They answer all of our questions and if they dont know the answer they will find somebody that does.
Paid (or co-pay): $80
RID: 1364841
16/02/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Biegel was very thorough. She went through ALL the medical records that I brought with me, which was at least 1" thick. She asked me questions & had her assistant make several notes on things to follow up on. She was very pleasant & I felt very comforable with her. I'm glad I picked her as my PTP.
RID: 1364004
15/02/11 1 1 1 1 worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever, worst Doctor ever,  Respond
RID: 1361478
12/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Biegel has been my primary care physician for over 20 years. She is thorough, pro-active, knowledgeable and always up to the challenge I present as a patient. She expects me to be proactive and encourages any of my questions and does answer them.
RID: 1359928
10/02/11 5 4 4 5 good, efficient, friendly and helpful. everything i was searching for in my primary physician.
Paid (or co-pay): $80
RID: 1347862
26/01/11 4 4 4 4 A very pleasurable experience. I got there 45 minutes earlier than my scheduled appt. and was done and out of there before my scheduled time!
Paid (or co-pay): $75
RID: 1329371
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 A sign in Dr. Biegel's office reads: "Enter as strangers, leave as friends". After 20 years, taking care of all our medicals needs, my wife and I consider Dr. Biegel and her staff more like family. Dr. Biegel has grown her practice to accomodate her expanding patient base and she keeps pace with the latest medical technologies.  Respond
RID: 1312291
10/12/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Biegel is very caring and takes time to really listen to the patient
RID: 1228123
12/08/10 1 1 1 1 if you are not a PPO patient she will not take you. If you are HMO the only way you will be seen is if you have a good co-pay of they need to do a procedure on you. All this DR seems to want is MONEY she does not care about her patient's  Respond
RID: 1040180
21/11/09 1 1 1 1 i used to go to her when she first started and statyed tell she go so big that she had no time to spend with you . She got a new doctor and the staff was rude and not helpful.I took my daughter to her and she was very rude. I used to recommend her but I would not do that now. I think there is a lot to say for bed side manner.
RID: 1029241
09/11/09 5 5 5 5 It's hard for me to understand all the problems people have had, of which I have experienced none. Dr. Biegel and staff have provided nothing but prompt, courteous, concerned, knowledgeable, and professional care. Yes, she uses walkie-talkies, but that is smart and efficient, saving countless steps and leaving more time for her to be with patients. My wife is also under her care and has done very well...everything is under control, as it is with me. Perhaps some may not like Dr. Biegel's preventive approach--caring for our bodies/maintaining our health to prevent disease, but it works well for us. Thanks, Dr. Biegel.
RID: 1024360
02/11/09 2 2 1 2 Although Dr. Biegel's staff was relatively pleasant, I was disappointed in the lack of attention I received from Biegel. Her greeting was so obviously fake, and I saw her for my first appointment for about 4 mins. I had problems with my insurance, so I was labeled a "cash" patient, and that seemed to change things a bit, in the manner I was treated. I came in for a pap, of which she immediately delegated to her Physician Assistant in training--as was almost everyone else on her staff it seemed.. I also had a cyst removed at a later appt and as soon as she was done tying the last suture, she was out of the room in a flash. She always referred to me as "the patient" to her staff. I waited over 90 minutes today to get the sutures removed. Her staff removed the sutures, but I had to wait 20 more mins so she could check it. Never calls u by name, ever. They also wanted me to pay another $80 because they claimed this was an office visit. Very disappointing, won't be back.
Paid (or co-pay): $450
RID: 972862
26/08/09 5 5 5 5 I take all my clients and my mother to Dr. Biegel. She is great and changed my mother's quality of life. I wish I had known about her sooner. My mother probably wouldn't have had a series of mini strokes when her other doctor ignored her high blood pressure saying it was normal for her age. The staff at the hospital also make comments that she is an excellent doctor. I've been to numerous doctors with my clients and can really see the difference in care. I highly recommend her.
RID: 848858
31/03/09 3 4 4 2 they have this fee,if you dont call and let them know your not able to make it instead of them calling you the day before to remind you,you have to pay $25 dolloars,and thats said for people that get sick a lot and dont have money,they are the first that charges and dont call the next day.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 760972
11/01/09 1 1 1 1 Office called me and confirmed appointment with Dr.Biegel but i was seen by NP. This is unacceptable. I have PPO insurance and been always seen by MDs in the past and know the difference. I'm paying a lot of money for my health care and go to see doctor by chose. I had sore throat and asked NP to give me antibiotics but she refused to give it to me, as result i started to feel worse and went to emergency room, waited four ours to get antibiotics.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 726792
20/11/08 4 5 4 4 I have had no problems with Dr. Biegel or her staff. I saw her NP today but that's perfectible acceptable and understandable if your going in for routine visit. I was seen right on time, a few minutes early actually. I am very satisfied with her and her staff and will go to her for years to come.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 718651
10/11/08 1 1 1 1 HORRIBLE DOCTOR. While having a papsmear, one of her staff opened the door and the doctor was on walkie talkie. She did a physical on me where I told her that I thought I had a hormonal imbalance and she put on the claim that she diagnosed me with a hormonal imbalance. NOT TESTS were done by office to confirm this. Then at a later date I confronted the doctor with this and she told me that she no longer wanted to be my doctor. I had a PPO and they were charging me for the claim she submitted. In the end my insurance sided with me because there were no tests perfomed to support her "diagnosis" . What a fraud!
RID: 692602
29/09/08 1 1 1 4 This office is chaos and disorganized. Every time i come for my appointment i have to wait almost 1 hour and more. Last time front desk overcharge me with my copay and when i spoke with manager she made me feel stupid. Dr.Biegel is nice and knowledgeable but her stuff is horrible. I'm changing the doctor.
RID: 676169
29/08/08 3 1 2 3 I used to be a PPO patient a few months ago and used to see Dr. Biegel all time, but since i became an HMO for some reason i have not been able to schedule an appointment to see her, everytime i tried she's either out of town or her scheduled is over booked so i end up seeing her associate Dr. Tran. He is a good dr he answers my question and takes care of me. but i want to see my dr who is Dr. biegel she's the one listed in my card. I have tried many times to see her, but i have failed, the funny thing is my friend who is a PPO gets to see her and she is not given a hard time while scheduling the appt. Regarding the staff some are good and helpful but others are rude especially the ones to schedule the appointments if you start questioning why you cant see Dr. Biegel they dont act profesional they dont have good customer service, they need some type of training. other than that the dr. assistants are polite and helpfull. If you are HMO and want good service dont go to this doctor...
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 558173
04/04/08 1 3 3 3 She is knowledgable but when her practice started taking other associates her office staff and authorizations to insurance companies and other specialist takes many weeks to get through or the paper work lost. She has no office manager and no one will take responsibilty. When a pharmacy requests a prescription to be refilled weeks go by and many telephone calls by patient and pharmacy to get her office to respond.
RID: 341281
08/06/07 1 1 1 This doctor's office staff is HORRIBLE. They are rude, unhelpful and totally inept in the ways of customer service. They clearly don't make patient care a priority. I've never even been in to see Dr. Biegel, and the few times I tried, the staff completely put me off. Frankly, dealing with them was not worth it. So, I just switched doctors.
RID: 134971
10/02/07 1 2 2 Dr.Biegel's office is mistrusting,when I think I'm going to see her and I have to see another doctor after I wait in the exam room almost two hours.She has different staff and different doctors everytime I visit her office.Half the time she focuses on what her staff is doing wrong rather than my needs.
RID: 110339
24/01/07 1 2 2 Chaotic office constant turnover of staff. Have had my appt canceled on the same day frequently. How can a physical count if the doctor never even touches the patient? I got the results from test 10 months later by mail. I wouldn't recommend Dr Biegel because you can't see a doctor in a reasonable amount of time and when you do get in they can't move quick enough to get you out the door.  Respond
RID: 42680
28/08/06 3 3 5 Doctor is usually behind schedule and office staff is lacking competence.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 41328
18/08/06 2 3 3 I agree, office is chaotic. With the exception of the receptionist, everyone walks around with and uses walkie-talkies to communicate with each other. This includes Dr. Biegel and she will use it when she is in the exam room with you therefore you have to wait to ask her questions for when she is not speaking into her walkie-talkie or for when her employees are not radioing in to speak with her. Appoinments are also constantly rescheduled. They called me to reschedule all but 1 appointment and I made at least 3 appoinments with her.  Respond
RID: 32649
18/06/06 3 3 3 She is technically my doc on paper, though never met her. However, I usually see another doc in the practice. Front office operations are not good, chaotic, not helpful. It is very difficult to call for an appointment on the phone.
* - Rating left by a registered user