Dr. Michael E. Kan

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. Michael E. Kan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.3
RID: 2568998
24/02/13 4 1 5 5 Dr Michael Kan is excellent. Sure there is a long wait , but he is in demand, rated one of the top docs in the area by his peers. I can't believe some people gave him 1 or 2 stars on Facebook & yelp , so I had to write this review. He is extremely knowledgeable and well educated. He does not have good bedside manner, but just don't take it personally. He sometimes could be intimidating but you just need to outsmart the genius! Always stay calm, don't get defensive, laugh at his corny jokes & come prepared -bring a few jokes of your own jokes to share with him-then you will get along fine! He is the most intelligent PCP I have ever met! I was misdiagnosed prior to seeing him, but he was the only doc who accurately diagnosed me & treated me! He really is brilliant!! I would not see anyone else & if I had a seriously ill family member -he would be the only doc I would trust to give outstanding care!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1198995
29/06/10 5 3 5 5 I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE SMARTEST DR'S I'VE MET. SO THERE IS A LITTLE WAINTING TIME, IT'S WELL WORTH IT.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 983654
09/09/09 1 1 1 2 Dr. Kan's office is the most unprofessional medical experience I"ve ever had. I have been going there for a few years but rarely go unless I am very sick. I've never actually seen Dr Kan and wait for over an hour every time. My worst visit occurred last April when I came in after having strep the prior month, but was continuing to have awful chest pain and could barely breathe. I was referred for testing at two other labs and was told I'd be informed the next day by Dr Kan's office about the results and was given no medication or treatment. When days went by without hearing from the Dr's office I tried to call in for results or medication. The receptionists were always extremely rude, and Dr Kan was always out. I left messages every day for someone to please get back to me at first then 5 or 6 more over several weeks. Since the bills came, I have been calling and leaving messages for the last 5 months and NOT ONE person has gotten back to me to this day yet the bills keep coming.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield