Rate Dr. David B. Lautz

Dr. David B. Lautz's Ratings

Dr Lautz is one of the best! I had gastric bypass in 2006 & from the start I wa sick. This had nothing to do with my original surgeon, I had non-healing ulcers. Dr. Lautz did all he could to not reverse my original procedure but after many years & many, many hospital stays and numerous complications he preformed a total reversal of the gastric bypass in 2011. I am thankful to be well however not happy about a 40 pound regain. That is my issue and I digress, Dr. Lautz has since left B&W hospital however He is absolutely the best, he doesn't smile a lot but he will absolutely figure out what is wrong with you and fix it. The process may take time & you may want to give up due to overwhelming pain and constant vomiting, but given the time he will fix you. Good luck to all and I hope this helps.

Submitted May 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lautz performed my gastric bypass surgery in January of 2011. He is a wonderful surgeon, extremely knowledgeable and kind. His staff is professional, sympathetic, and runs like a well-oiled machine. He only sees patients in the office on Thursdays, and they run terribly late. But that is explained in the beginning, so bring a book! I would absolutely recommend Dr. Lautz.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2012 | flag

Dr Lautz is an amazing man I can't say enough about him. He changed my life and could not have been a better doctor throughout the entire process.

Submitted March 11, 2011 | flag

THE BEST!! Super polite, friendly staff...and the most wonderful Doctor!! Brilliant, but understanding....explains everything and he is never in a rush to get you out the door. Can't say enough good about Dr. Lautz!

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

I can`t say enough about Dr Lautz. Maybe just totally awesome. His staff (ALL) if wonderful too. Dr. Lautz has a great bedside manner. He looks you in the eyes and talks very calmly and with total understanding that you know what is going to happen whether for surgery, post-op or your health. He explain everything in laymens terms, which was so important to me. He answers all your questions and makes sure you understand the answers. He`s really a fabulous doctor and surgeon. I`ve recommended Dr. Lautz to many people. He is rated 10 to me.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

After being sick from a "botched" gastric bypass for nearly 2 1/2 years, I found David Lautz who immediately said "the way you are feeling is NOT normal post-op for RNY gastric bypass patients, we'll find out what's wrong and fix it." Two months later I was totally recovered from surgery to fix the candy cane syndrome that had been done in error by my original surgeon. David Lautz saved my life!

Submitted Nov. 13, 2009 | flag

He operated on me when I had cancer. Had great bed manners even as a busy Dr. He is very human person and I like him a lot. J. T.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2008 | flag

When I was dying from the bad surgery of my original surgeon, this amazing surgeon took me in, with little hope of ever getting paid and knowing that I was an exremely high risk patient, and performed a full revision to my original bypass. When my abdomen went septic, he found a team of plastic surgeons to debride the area. He got the hospital to take care of me without regard for my lack of insurance, except for Medicaid (which pays almost nothing, and often finds a way to actually pay nothing). Never was a made to feel like a charity case. I was near death from my arrival and for some time after surgery, but Dr. Lautz and his team saved my life. Without them, I would be dead. He knew I might die if he performed the surgery because I was in terrible condition when I got there, but I would surely die if he didn't. He took a big risk and my God bless him for it. I am alive today because not merely because he is a brilliant surgeon, but because he is a great human being.

Submitted June 12, 2006 | flag