Rate Dr. Lesa J. Bethel Mulligan

Dr. Lesa J. Bethel Mulligan's Ratings

Dr. Mulligan delivered my first baby, it was a vaginal birth so I had several stitched due to my needing an episiotomy. Although my pre-natal care was decent, I was constantly waiting LONG after my "scheduled appointment" time to be seen. However, my post-natal care was horrendous! I was in SEVERE pain, I was swollen up like a hot dog bun down there, and Dr. Mulligan AND her staff basically accused me of having an addiction to prescription pain pills because of my informing them that I was still experiencing significant pain 4 weeks AFTER having my baby. They told me I needed to come in so she could "look" at me before they could refill my prescription. While I was in the room waiting for Dr. Mulligan, I overheard her speaking to one of the nurses at the door saying "oh yes she's in pain" as if I was a fraud. Once I was spread eagle on the table and Dr. Mulligan started poking around, she hit something that hurt so bad I nearly jumped off the table. Dr. Mulligan said, "oh geez, I bet that is painful". Apparently, I was not stitched up properly to begin with and there was a huge gap that was not healing do to having gotten infected! So I leave with an antibiotic and pain prescription, and vowed to not EVER RETURN. Horrible way to treat a patient. Highly disappointed in the level of professionalism in Dr. Mulligan's office. BUT...they sure want your money! What a joke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I've been going to her for 16 years. I love and trust her. I had high blood pressure throughout my entire pregnancy. She was always one step ahead of everything. She saved mine and my baby's life! I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2415092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Mulligan is wonderful!!!! She saw us in two separate urgent appointments... On a Friday and Tuesday to boot! My mother was in a very scary situation where a prolapsed uterus was causing severe pain and a complete urinary obstruction. Dr mulligan took the time to listen and explain and give us all the options for repair. Her bedside manner is EXCELLENT and she is extremely patient and intelligent. I am a hard nosed ICU nurse and my recommendations do not come easily but this doctor is exceptional!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I wish I would have read these reviews on here before seeing this Dr. Now I am here to warn women that I REALLY do feel that Dr Mulligan pushes patients into having c-sections unnecessarily. What a selfish thing for any Dr. to do :( I got out right away, and I think everyone else should too, once she showed negative reactions to my desire for a natural birth and trying to use what I believe were fear tactics to make me more comfortable with a c- section.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

My experience with Dr. Mulligan, who I went to for my first pregnancy, was nothing short of awful. As one of many examples, when I presented her with our birth plan, to openly discuss and receive any helpful suggestions on, she rolled her eyes and told us that having a birth plan was almost a guarantee of having a c-section (in her experience). Also, both of the times she checked to see if I was dilated or effaced, I was not, and she acted as though it was not good at all. That combined with how big my baby was measuring, she had me so scared that a c-section was inevitable. She also openly disliked that I did not want to be induced. In the end, I went a week and a half past my due date before I naturally went into labor and delivered my daughter vaginally. I was just thankful that Dr. Mulligan was out of town and did not deliver her. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

Dr. Mulligan is an extremely knowledgeable physician and I enjoy her wit. She's always been very nice and helpful. I am well informed about my health and have extensive knowledge in the healthcare field. However, some of the staff is not. The receptionist is just "okay" but the physician's assistant, NOT a PA but someone who assists the dr. with most likely a high school diploma only (not the old one, the new young one) is so unaware of medical procedures and processes, she should either attend outside training or be replaced. Mumbling half-@$$ed results over the phone and making "disagnosis" should be forbidden. Her diction and scanning of the results was more inappropriate than I have ever experienced. Although, she did send all results to me - where I found that she only discussed 3 of the many many "abnormal" results with me. DO NOT tell someone they have a health issue or poor diagnosis over the phone! One bright spot was "Claire" the office manager. Wonderful woman!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2012

Ive been seeing Dr. Mulligan for the past 6 months, and if it wasnt such a stessful pain in the ars to switch doctors, i definitely would have by now. The receptionists are rude to you at one of the most sensitive times in your life, and once you get in to see the doc, she acts as if its not her job to care or let you know everything you need to know. Since its my first pregnancy, theres a lot that i wished she would have told me. DONT PICK THIS OB. Especially if youre pregnant. You want a doctor that does NOT add to your stress and wont talk to you like youre some kind of idiot. You want a doctor who wont treat your pregnancy like an unwanted job that she regrettably has to do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

The most wonderful doctor. I had vaginal prolapse surgery. She was great and understanding, very knowledgeable, helpful in explaining everything. Very caring, thoughtful. Never had to wait long in her office. Other doctors I have waited longer but if you feel you need an explanation and a little more time just remember someone may have the same feeling. Just relax it could be you taking more time with the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2012

OMG this is the worst doctor EVER!!!! I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and yesterday's ultrasound showed empty sac.Mulligan ordered me an vaginal ultrasound somewhere else. This other tech found the same thing. She was really concerned and told me she would send the result rignt back to my doc and the doc should contact me immediately. Well Mulligan never did and I had to wait 12 hours til next day to call them. They open at 9 but til 10 am I still couldn't get hold of anyone. A insurance person said they were having phone issues and since mine was not an emergency, i'll have to wait! I just want to cry. I don't know what is going on with my baby and there's no one to talk to. My doc is not there for me when I need her the most! This doc is not compassionate, not helpful and her practice is rediculous. I'll never forget the way she made me feel now! Her nurse even told me that she'd never heard of "caffeine is bad for the baby"?!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

I am in the process of changing doctors. This is the most unprofessional doctor and office staff I have ever encountered. Her staff lied to my insurance company, telling them a false diagnosis to get a test expense covered. They never answer their phones, can't speak to a live person most of the time. Wait time in the tiny, tiny waiting room is unreasonable. They refused to authorize a prescription for a follow up mammogram, stating "I had not been there in a long time". I had been there 9 months before for my annual exam. The final straw was when I showed up for my appointment, the receptionist said Dr. Mulligan was not there, I could see the nurse practioner or Dr. Bethel, but it would be a very long wait. She did not apologize or offer to schedule another appointment. No explanation for why Dr. Mulligan wasn't there or why they didn't call the reschedule my appointment. I do not recommend her and urge everyone to find another Ob/Gyn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][710828].votes_count ]]