Dr. Barry W. Slone

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 30 reviews. Dr. Barry W. Slone has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Barry W. Slone
Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5192355
18/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone is awesome. I've had some roadblock placed in the way of being the best version of myself. Some of these roadblocks were placed in my path at an early age and some I've placed myself over the years. I was kind of nervous about seeing a psychologist, but when talking to Dr. Slone it's like talking to an old friend. Sometimes we just need someone to talk things out with who won't judge us, but will be there to offer real solutions to life's roadblocks and Dr. Slone is the best. So glad I know he.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Barry" to "Barry W."
RID: 2712699
18/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Barry Sloane is a brilliant, compassionate and experienced psychotherapist. He is professional, caring and understanding. I needed to make some monumental changes in my life and felt stuck, not knowing how or when to make my next step. Through CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, I was able to see clearly what needed to happen and I broke through the fear to make that happen. In fact, I have made many positive changes leading to important personal and professional growth. Dr. Sloane is patient, kind and calmly responds to my needs; helping me to help myself. His office is warm, comfortable and beautifully decorated. Without a moment's hesitation, I would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 2575612
04/03/13 5 5 5 5 I find Dr. Slone to have excellent skills in regards to listening and helping me to deal with the issues I am experiencing. I highly recommend him if you are looking for someone who is honest and not patronizing. I have been searching for someone who I can identify with and respect and not just another Doctor to waste my time. I look forward to my sessions and I always learn more about myself after interacting with Dr. Slone.
RID: 2566455
21/02/13 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr. Slone to anyone. He has been tremendously helpful to me, guiding me through healthy change in my thinking with solutions that are realistic, workable and understandable. He is knowledgeable, easy to schedule, has a very relaxing office and overall leaves me with a feeling of step-by-step accomplishment with each visit.
RID: 2427095
17/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful Drs I have ever visited. He has helped my life in so many ways by listening to my issues then helping me to solve them by realizations. Dr. Slone will not judge you on who you are or what you have done. He just helps you figure out your issues and ways for the patient to correct them. I would recommend Dr. Slone to any one who might be looking for a great psychologist.  Respond
RID: 2424490
13/09/12 5 1 5 5 Dr. Slone has been very helpful. He is insightful and knowledgeable. I find that he listens to me and offers thought provoking advise. I did however rate him a 1 on the punctuality, but only because his sessions always end early and it really bothers me. I wish he would devote the full 50 that is written in the contract. Also, he doesn't provide receipts after each session which is odd. And it's a little irritating that I have to repeat myself. I notice that he asks the same questions about family or events in my life that he has already asked me about before. This is frustrating because I have to spend time repeating myself when our time is already cut short. He takes notes, so I don't understand why he doesn't briefly review them before the patient's visit so we don't have to waste time repeating.
RID: 2336226
08/07/12 5 5 5 5 I find my sessions with Dr. Slone very helpful. He's more than just a sounding board, he offers good advice and challenges me to think differently about situations. He is easy to talk with and hears what you are saying and feeling. After each session I leave feeling one step closer to healing my wounds. It's a process and I feel that he is taking me down the right road.
RID: 2150005
20/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone provides excellent, effective, compassionate care in a non-judmental, supportive patient-centered environment. His treatment approach is supported by current research and informed by his extensive experience. When I was at a very low point in my life, I worked with him both in individual therapy and conjoint therapy (marriage counseling). The result was life-changing, positive growth and a vastly improved quality of life. We also now have the tools to resolve issues as they arise and our marriage is thriving. Dr. Slone is smart, professional, and attentive. Another plus is his sense of humor. I highly recommend him and will always be grateful for his help.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1727481
02/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone has helped me with some really tough anxiety issues and obsessive thoughts. I appreciate the fact that he is interactive with me. It makes me feel like he's really listening and understanding my problems. His insight has helped me figure out things I would have never discovered on my own. His use of mantras and homework have been tremendously helpful for me in very difficult situations, too.
RID: 1711757
12/02/12 5 5 4 5 Dr. Slone is a great listener. I find myself walking out of the office in a much better state than I came in. His questions provoke thoughts that I wouldn't normally have considered.
RID: 1706228
06/02/12 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Slone for a couple of years and I have found him incredibly helpful. He is a great listener and is very easy to talk to. He offers insights that open my mind to new possibilities and solutions. He has helped me through a very traumatic time in my life and it saved me from giving in to my depression. I would recommend Dr. Slone to anyone for counseling!
RID: 1703872
03/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone knows his profession, very good listener, kind, caring, respectful, direct & very good @ coming up with solutions to issues. I like how I don't have to sit in his office very long waiting for him to be done with someone else. he is usually right on time. I would recommend him to anyone. Rob  Respond
RID: 1701561
31/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone perfectly understood the situation I was experiencing and gave me the right advice along the way to get through it. He offers insights and solid support for you to help yourself work things out.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1701021
31/01/12 5 4 4 5 Dr. Slone's keen insight into the specific dynamics of anger, depression, hostility, all of which impact one's family, has provided me a roadmap with which to climb out of not just for a few months, but for life. For this I thank him.  Respond
RID: 1552376
03/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone is a kind, compassionate, and extremely helpful therapist. He gives me great perspective and offers me different views of situations that I don't always think of. I appreciate his honesty, cleverness, and sense of humor at the right time. He continues to help me grow and I am grateful to know him. :)
RID: 1511186
12/08/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Slone has been very helpful in diagnosing and helping me deal with anxiety and depression as a result of my best friend. He has empowered me to share my feelings and given me tools to help me move beyond those hopeless feelings. I feel much better.
RID: 1510007

11/08/11 1 1 2 2 Dont ever make a mistake and miss an appointment or you will be charged $195.00. with no warning. We never got a full hour at any appointment either.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1500424
31/07/11 4 4 4 5 Dr. Slone is an excellent listener. He listens to questions and responds directly. He also takes in what his patient says. He develops a good sense of who the client is and what his issues are. I've seen him for over two years and I haven't come up with anything that he cannot respond to. He is even keeled, honest, logical, and has a good sense of humor. I also find him to be unbiased. He will tell me the truth whether it's negative or positive, which is what I'm looking for. He is helpful. That's why I continue to see him.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1494007
23/07/11 5 5 5 5 I've been going to Dr. Slone for a few years now. The older comments about sitting in the lobby don’t apply anymore. Dr. Slone now has a nice waiting room. It's a small office so he has no staff, but he has it worked out well. Dr Slone is courteous and knowledgeable. He takes me and my husband’s concerns seriously, but counseling doesn’t work unless you take it seriously, too. This is a good place to sit and talk. We were referred to Dr. Slone via employee assistance program, when that befit ran out Dr Slone worked with us so we could continue to afford his services.  Respond

15/06/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1462677
12/06/11 4 5 4 4 Dr Slone has been helpful to me. He is a good listener and is knowledgeable and patient, Dr. Slone's office is comfortable and welcoming.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1462500
12/06/11 5 4 5 5 I have been incredibly satisfied with the care I receive from Dr. Slone. He is understanding, encouraging, yet keeps on track and in check with my recovery.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1462368
11/06/11 4 3 5 5 Though I am not certain as to why anyone would score Dr.Slone low, I will say this, Dr.Slone has taken myself as well as my husband leaps and bounds in a positive direction.
RID: 1352513
01/02/11 1 3 3 3 I have to agree with the the negative comments. Dr.Slone has been rude and makes me feel uncomfortable at times but he has also been helpful in away. Lots of homework assignments. He also runs late and cuts sessions short. If you are the type of person that gets their feelings hurt easily don't see him.  Respond
RID: 1251463
15/09/10 1 3 1 1 Office has no staff. His door is locked, you ring the doorbell and there are chairs outside where you wait until he opens the door. I work with psychologist and other therapist in the ER because I am a nurse. I was surprised that he attacked me for a good hour regarding my son's sessions. He took credit for my son's "readiness for the world out there" and he only met my son in July, and 5 sessions. Very unprofessional, does not listen, and disrespectful of his clients. Be ready with your co-payment. He will make sure to collect hahaha!!!  Respond
RID: 1104634

12/02/10 1 5 1 2 I used him for marriage counseling a few months ago and my wife and I both agreed he was a total and complete waste of time and money.  Respond
RID: 727843

22/11/08 1 1 1 1 I went to B Slone at the request of my sister to try to help our problems with communication about our very sick mother. Unknown to me, he had met with my sister prior to our group meeting and attacked me from the moment I walked in. He yelled at me, humiliated, belittled and embarrassed me for a good hour. I was confused and shocked that someone of his position would compromise himself to such a degree. I reported him to the Board of Psychology Enforcement which agreed that my complaints were valid, but my sister would not sign the release of his records. RUN from this incompetent person as quickly as possible! He is incompetent, rude and very, very nasty. He yelled at me continously while I was reduced to tears.  Respond
RID: 727714

22/11/08 1 1 1 1 Very unprofessional. I went to see him at the office on Alison Viejo and found it to be very dissapointing. Wondered why he didn't have a receptionist since he anwered a phone call during my session, on top of that, he kept on interupting the patient and gave non-helpful comments like "we have a problem here and we're going to have to figure out a solution" thus did not offer any solutions at all. It was suppose to be a one hour session and he hurrily ended the session after just 40min.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 494407
25/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slone is very smart, knowledgeable, compassionate, and effective.  Respond
RID: 12546
19/09/05 5 4 4 Very nice guy, has been a lot of help in my anxiety treatment.  Respond
RID: 2638
31/10/04 5 5 4 Very helpful psychologist. He is compassionate and urges you to make good decisions in your life. Doesn't just sit there and say "uh huh". This doctor is proactive and also makes you feel comfortable enough to tell him anything and not feel judged. Definitely recommend for counseling!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user