You may also like

Rate Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh's Ratings

I had my surgery in 2013 and because of the number and location of fibroids, an open myomectomy was performed. As a registered nurse, I knew to do my research first and Dr. Walsh name always came highly recommended from physicians and patients. Before my surgery, I was severely anemic, had heavy menses with large clots that lasted for about 10 days, wore tampons with two pads, constantly bled through clothing while in public, often messed up car seats, mattresses, and passed out on 3 separate occasions during my menses. I often had nausea and once in a while severe pain that would prevent from working.
When I met with Dr. Ascher-Walsh, he was warm, receptive, answered all my questions. I did not feel rushed. I felt comfortable immediately. During one of the visits, he showed the actual imaging (MRI) to me and explained what was going on. I was so impressed with his approach to patient teaching that I was convinced that I was in the best hands.
His entire team was outstanding. In fact, one of the medical students smiled and held my hands as I walked towards the O.R; it was a beautiful gesture that meant so much. As I laid on the operating table, Dr. Ascher-Walsh asked me what kind of music do I like, and I told him Gospel. All of a sudden I heard beautiful gospel music, and then I started singing along and the next thing I heard was "Carol, we removed 53 fibroids." I walked away with a tiny bikini incision and no pain.
Three years later, I am pleased to say that allowing Dr. Ascher-Walsh perform my surgery was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I no longer have accidents, my menses are short and light. I am no longer anemic, so no more fainting spells have occurred and haven't experienced nausea or pain. I've finally joined the tampons-only club, and feel free to wear whatever I want. I'm no longer a prisoner to long jackets that would hide my rear end, and girdle-like panties to support my bulky pads, and Macy's insurance no longer get those calls to remove the stain from my mattress.

I am proud to recommend Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2769953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Ascher Walsh performed my myomectomy in November of last year. I am glad that I waited the 5 hours to see him on my first appointment instead of leaving because I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I had more than 60 fibroids (not a typo) and was severely anemic. He took the time to do a thorough consultation; I had seen another surgeon at NYU and she said I had five fibroids. Dr. Ascher-Walsh did an ultrasound and saw that her report was not accurate. He showed me where the fibroids were, how many there were and discussed my options for treatment. I had a laparotomy because of the amount of fibroids (I looked 3 months pregnant) and all I am left with is a small, neat bikini line incision. My primary GYN was surprised that the incision was so small given the amount of fibroids removed.

Dr. Ascher-Walsh has a great bedside manner, his staff, Heather and Crystal are great with follow up and checked in on me after my surgery. Thank you to Dr. Ascher-Walsh and everyone in his office - I feel a million times better!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2752260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr.Ascher -Walsh is on the top of my list for professionalism, knowledge, personality and care for the patient. I found him reading the reviews on this site and I am thankful to all the ladies who wrote here. Yes, I had to wait to see him but when you want to have the best in the field to treat your condition-wait is worth it.He is right at the point with all your options, what is the best for you and he will leave you to make your decision.I did not feel pushed into surgery, I ended up agreeing with him. I had a very large fibroid and he removed it using laporoscopic tools. Again, it was my decision to go this way! I will highly recommend Dr. Ascher-Walsh. If you want somebody you can trust- go to see him.He is a man of his word and I am grateful for meeting him.Thank you, Dr.Asher-Walsh! Thank you to the entire team for the care.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2584415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Ascher-Walsh is a great doctor! He's professional, caring and makes you feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh is a great doctor and an even better surgeon. I was referred to him by another doctor at Mount Sinai. I'm so glad I followed the advice. I was told he's a one of the best in his field and he is. Great professional manner, makes you comfortable in exam room, great nurse and staff. From my first visit a year ago to my surgery in July of this year, Dr. Ascher-Walsh has been outstanding. His team as well...very informative, given all the pros/cons/options for surgery. Day of surgery...each member of his team introduced themselves and explained what they'd be doing for me in the operating suite. I went in to surgery feeling confident in their abilities...surgery went better than expected. Just awesome all around. Highly recommend. For the wait time in office, considering his skill level and the fact that he's in such high demand it's not surprise..be patient, he's worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2553387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Excellent doctor, caring, smart, always available and I never felt rushed. I was a tough case and he managed it perfectly. So happy I did the research and found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Found this Dr online and he seems to have great reviews. I recently made an appointment for next week, so my review is not for him, but for the front desk staff. Based on his staff, I would not go in to see him. The front desk people are so rude! They seem like they're doing me a favor making an appointment, careless and inpatient. Why do most doctors hire subpar employees in order to save a few dollars? It is detrimental to their business and reputation. Please, invest a little more in your front desk staff and stop hiring uneducated people more interested in gossip and their cell phones instead of doing a good job. It's so sad! I hope this doctor is worth this unpleasantness.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2459794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I interviewed several doctors prior to my surgery and found Dr Ascher-Walsh to be unparalleled in knowledge, confidence and calmness. I needed fibroid surgery and was told I was a very difficult case. I was also told having a hysterectomy would be best for me by other doctors but I didn't want a hysterectomy. Dr Ascher-Walsh was not intimidated by the difficulty of my case at all and my surgery went extremely well as did my recovery. He saved my uterus, and is incredibly skilled and just all-around amazing. The best dr I've ever gone to hands down. And I worked in medicine for years so I've had a lot of experience/exposure to doctors and can asses them pretty easily. If you need a surgery, complicated or otherwise, don't hesitate to see him. He's truly the best and worth the wait in terms of getting an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1981960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

I had my surgery done on Monday apr 29,2013 by Dr Walsh and I don't know where to begin he is AMAZING from the first day I walked into his office I knew I was in good hands I felt comfortable. Dr Walsh has never left my side. His team that he works with is the Best Dr Walsh assured me that everything was gonna be ok. I had a total number of Fibroids removed with the largest one measuring the size of a basketball (30wk uterus) My surgey was amazing i had no organ damages ,No blood loss and had no after pain just soreness with those size fibroids who wouldve though. I stayed one night in the hospital and was home the next day. Dr Walsh and his team visited me in my room right after surgery and then again the following morning. Even my hospital stay at Mount Siani was amazing all my nurses were great. Dr Ascher Walsh is the best hands down I wouldn't trade him for the world. I highly recommend for sure without a doubt

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1981959].votes_count ]]