Rate Dr. Joanne Irwin

Dr. Joanne Irwin's Ratings

My family feels fortunate to have Dr. Irwin as our GP. She's personable, efficient, effective, knowledgeable, and professional!

Submitted June 20, 2012 | flag

When I first found out I was pregnant, I interviewed 3 doctors (you could back then) and found Dr. Irwin. She was amazing through a difficult personal time and in 1993 she actually made house calls. If fact she accompanied me to the hospital after seeing her once earlier that day at her office after my water broke. My son, who is now in university still sees her and he gets a kick out of the fact that Dr. Irwin still has his birth announcement card and photo. Seven (7) years later (and now living in the suburb), she delivered my second child. Now my daughter aspires to be a doctor like Dr. Irwin. I still drive all the way from Coquitlam to see Dr. Irwin for my and my daughter's appointments. When referred to specialists, they have always been appropriate and Dr. Irwin always remains and keeps an active role in the continuum of care.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

Joanne has been a great GP of mine for the last 15 years or more. She actually listens to what you have to say; never makes you feel like you are wasting her time, and makes every attempt to alleviate your problem. If it is an urgent matter she doesn't hesitate to get you an immediate appointment with a specialist. She has even called me at home in the evening with results from some tests that had been done, rather than leave it to the admin staff. Speaking of staff, there is one who answers the phone who appears to have made it her own goal to block any attempt to get past her to see the Doctors. Very frustrating to at least half a dozen of my friends who also see Dr Irwin. When I moved out of Vancouver 5 years ago I wouldn't even consider looking for another Doctor. Joanne is the best and worth going back into Vancouver for.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2011 | flag

Dr Jo is fantastic - so knowledgable and practical. Would highly recommend her!

Submitted Oct. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Irwin is knowledgeable, caring, listens carefully to concerns and has always provided wise counsel and treatment.

Submitted May 8, 2010 | flag

I met Dr. Irwin when she did her residency with Dr. Woollard at UBC. She was amazing then and it's good to see that she is so highly respected now. She is truly a cut above and I'm glad to see that she's doing so well.

Submitted April 30, 2010 | flag

I am very grateful to have Dr. Irwin as my family doctor over the past 20 years. She is exceptionally friendly, caring, understanding and knowledgeable, and fully committed to the well-being of her patients.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2010 | flag

I am very thankful that Dr. Irwin has been my family doctor for so many years, and hopefully for many more in the future.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2009 | flag

Joanne Irwin is simply the best. I love her all to pieces. She is helpful, empathetic, kind, a good listener and efficient (but you never feel rushed). She also has a wonderful sense of humour. I have had about 5 other gp's over the years, but I will never change doctors now.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2008 | flag

I have been going to doctor Irwin for over 15 years. She is very informative, respectful, understanding, kind and the list goes on. No matter how big or small your problems are she always wants to get to the bottom of them to figure out why. I would never change doctors.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2008 | flag