Rate Dr. Mark L. Nystrom

Dr. Mark L. Nystrom's Ratings

I was referred to Nystrom for suspected FAI in my hip. I'd lost the ability to perform daily activities and was in a lot of pain. Upon our first meeting, he said xray was fine, GP doesn't know what he is doing and shouldn't be suspecting anything, and that maybe I was just imagining it all. He was rude, abrupt, and cocky. He sent me for an MRi, which he said was perfect. He diagnosed me with bursitis. I had many questions and when I asked, he gave me medical terms and when i asked him to clarify, he told me to look it up. After 2 months of treatment, no improvement, worsening pain, and becoming even more limited, I lost my job and insurance. Have been referred to new orthosurgeon who is wonderful. He looked at the same MRI that Nystrom viewed and original GP was right, I have a large laberal tear that is clearly visible, and shocker! I have.....FAI. In frustration, I have tried to do activities that I enjoy and new ortho says I have caused more damage. If I had been properly diagnosed and given the correct info, I might still have a job, I might not have gotten to the point I am at now, and I possibly could have been fixed with less invasive procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr Nystrom performed a knee replacement on me. I could not straighten my leg, nor bend it too much. He refused to do any scans on my leg, but instead continued to blame me for not trying hard enough to use the leg. After a year, a new surgeon did a cat scan and discovered that the knee components had been put into my leg twisted and needed to be replaced. I had the replacement surgery a year after my first surgery...the knee works much better now. Dr. Nystrom is a HACK surgeon who has a God complex....blames the patient instead of taking responsibility for the mistake he made.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][711515].votes_count ]]