Dr. Ian H. Taras

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 41 reviews. Dr. Ian H. Taras has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is he well read on hormone replacement therapy?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ian" to "Ian H."
RID: 2395411
07/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras and his staff are excellent. I never felt rushed nor unimportant. I was always given explanations and alternatives if appropriate. I am sorry that my COBRA is expiring and I have to go on an HMO if my situation (i.e. finding a job) doesn't change. I have referred friends to Dr. Taras in the past and they love him. I will continue to refer friends in the future. I'm sorry to leave such an awesome doctor.
RID: 2127556
11/05/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Taras is awesome! very easy to communicate with him through e-mail and would respond fast. He would answer all your questions and would always give you options for solutions. Don't go anywhere else, go to Dr. Ian Taras highly recommended!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2104184
03/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras specializes in gynecology and is the nost caring doctor in this specialty that I have ever seen. Very thorough and knowledegable also. I recommend him unreservedly.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 2089419
28/04/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Taras is the BEST doctor i have ever been to! He's like family...he gives you his heart and soul. If he can help you...he will. He is very knowledgeable, detail oriented, great listener and extremely thorough! Nowadays that's hard to come by. His office is never crowded. He takes his time with each patient and one never feels rushed. What I love about him is his genuine sincerity and kindness... When no other doctor was able to help me... HE did. I am forever grateful to him! He's a gem! He stands above the rest!
RID: 2078148
23/04/12 5 5 5 5 DR.TARAS Is highly recommend to young & old- He's to the point- & always has time to answer All your questions no matter how many you have- I feel super comfortable w/him n would never trade him In for another. In fact I moved over 50miles away- & I still drive out to him for my check ups. DR.Ian Taras has now been my doctor for 13 yrs- since age 23. This Doc knows what hes doing!
RID: 1748185
16/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Taras is extremely knowledgable and gives complete focus and very personalized attention to his patients. He always makes himself available to me through office visits and phone consults and email. He has been my doctor for 16 years and has delivered all three of my children. He is helping me navigate the challenges of menopause with wisdom and kindness.Dr T is truly an exceptional person.
RID: 1732497
09/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His father, Ed, delivered me so I have known them my entire life. Many times Dr. Ian Taras has saved my life and I am so grateful for him and his staff.
RID: 1713203
14/02/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Taras is an exemplary physician. He is not only knowledgable and thorough,patient, compassionate, and a good listener. He makes a point to gather a complete picture of his patient to better help him help you, and considers your input in giving his professional opinions. Dr. Taras ranks highly among physicians I've gone to over the years.
RID: 1637289
17/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras is an awesome doctor in the fields of OB/Gyn, Infertility, menopause issues , including hormone imbalance and more. He takes the time to get to know you and your issues, he gives you tons of info and lets you make the best treatment choices for you. He is knowledgeable on current and new procedures. He is super conscience about medical costs and will work with you if you are paying out of pocket and help you find the most cost effective prescriptions and procedures..I Highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 1633211
13/11/11 5 5 5 5 For years- I had embarrassing feminine problems and went to countless amounts of doctors in my area who were insensitive, and un helpful. D. Taras fixed everything, and he continues to always be available to help me with any issue I have, at any time of day or night. He is the most amazing gyno in the world- I could only with that every woman has a doctor who is as smart and helpful and caring as he is. It has changed my life.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1626978
07/11/11 2 3 2 2 This guy is emotionally labile. Talks a mile a minute, rattling off treatments and procedures and brings things up that leave you scratching your head, mentally. When you stop to question his judgement...standby, things get ugly fast. He gets nasty and seems insecure if you show a bit of hesitancy about some procedure that you don't think is relevant. He took personal shots at me and my husband, and his bedside manner got unprofessional and aggressive. I honestly should have listened to that voice in my head which was telling me to jump off the table and get out of there. I don't get all the fan fare with this guy. He reminds me of a used car salesman. Trust.  See Responses
RID: 1569740
24/10/11 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr Taras to any woman, any time, regardless of her age, without hesitation. He is a well-informed, skillful physician who keeps up with new and evolving positions in his field. He is caring, compassionate and listens carefully, helping one make choices for oneself after giving all possible viable options. His staff is courteous and professional. If you are looking for a doctor to walk through life with, Dr Taras is a good choice.
RID: 1484997

12/07/11 2 2 1 1 Those speaking out against Taras: you are NOT alone. At first I too thought he was the right doctor for me. However, after receiving bills for tests done without my consent, I confronted him. The response I got was unhelpful and unprofessional. He hides behind condescending and irrelevant responses and refuses to admit any wrong doing. It's a shame that he has duped so many people. I myself was charged for two pregnancy tests I wasn't informed about, and his answer was essentially that he is the doctor and can do whatever he deems necessary without involving the patient. He also attempted to charge my insurance an "online consultation" fee because of a few e-mail exchanges, despite the fact he actively encourages everyone to e-mail him and never gave any indication of charges that might be incurred. There are better practitioners out there, don't settle for this one.
RID: 1360111
10/02/11 5 5 5 4 Short and sweet; Dr. Taras is one of the Best doctors I've even been to. And I've been to many Dr's. all over the United States.
RID: 1147683
12/04/10 5 4 5 5 Dr Ian Taras is an amazing Gynecologist!! What Gynecologist you know that made you feel that you have found THE LIFE TIME Gynecologist? What Gynecologist you know that make you feel so comfortable talking about absolutely anything of your problems? and understanding? and has the knowledge to give you the exact treatment you need with confidence????? Dr Taras has it all. He offers THE HIGHEST quality OBGYN service, and you would never have to worry about finding another Gynecologist. Its true :-)
Paid (or co-pay): $185
RID: 1136528
25/03/10 5 5 5 5 My gyno retired and his son who also worked in his practice moved out of state. So ... I found myself with no doctor and didn't realize how terribly difficult it is to find a Doctor who will take on new patients. I was told about Dr. Taras from a friend (and the Doctor's old office manager who moved away). From my first call to his office his receptionist couldn't have been nicer or more friendly. I believe her name is Monique. She got me in to see Dr. Taras immediately. He was/is a good listener, caring, concerned, has an excellent bed side manner. He asks questions and made me totally confortable. His sense of humor is a plus. He listened to all my problems and conerns, called me as soon as he got my test results and even E-mailed me too. How awesome is that? I would tell any of my women friends to go to him with total confidence. Dr. Taras calls it as he sees it ... and I most definitely plan on remaining to be his patient.  Respond
RID: 1118479
02/03/10 4 5 5 5 I am a new patient to this office, and my first impression was that they are very professional, caring, and knowledgeable. I have already refered two friends.
RID: 1112134
22/02/10 5 5 5 5 I am so grateful that I found Dr. Taras! I have found him to be truly compassionate,knowledgeable, positive, and very helpful in answering my many questions that I had in my search to find the perfect solutions for my menopausal symptoms. He has a wonderful relaxed bedside manner and a great sense of humor.I have never felt rushed or hurried by him. And his entire staff is an added bonus! I recommend him highly. Oh,and I want to mention that he is very thoughtful for those of us that are uninsured and has given me a discount to help out! he  Respond
RID: 1102123
10/02/10 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Taras' for about 9 years, and of all of the doctors I've ever been treated by, he is without question the most kind, courtesous, honest and compassionate of them all. Dr. Taras and his staff go beyond the call to assist their patients to see that their needs and questions have been met. I have never felt rushed during my visits, or put in a room and ignored as many doctors are known to do. He has gone to great lengths to ensure that his patients are treated with a quality of knowledge and care that exceeds the norm, and he has always gone out of his way to provide me with answers, documentation, and resources for questions I may have which aren't specifically related to my visits. He is by far, one of the most knowledgeable, well-informed and caring doctors I have ever come to know. One look at his website, and you will see for yourself the amount of time and love he puts into what he does. It's his life's work, and the beauty of that shows.
RID: 1058565
16/12/09 5 4 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr. Taras for 4 years now and have known him for 9. He has taken care of me and my mother ever since he was delivering babies and I can't imagine being in any other doctors hands. Any time I come into the office I'm greeted warmly and taken care of in a timely fashion. I've come across many doctors who wont give their patients the time of day, but not once has Dr. Taras or his team denied me treatment or service when I needed it. On multiple occasions my general physician and other specialty doctors were unable and unwilling to help me in times that I needed; I always knew that if I had nowhere else to turn that Taras would take care of me, giving me the answers I needed. His reception staff is amazing and cares equally if not more than Taras does for their patients. Not once have I ever felt that I was mistreated, unnecessarily treated or misdiagnosed. The amount of time and effort that this team puts into their patients is incredible and note worthy. Thank you!
RID: 804782
03/03/09 1 1 1 1 I am so glad that I am in the hands of good doctor now after a horrible experience with Dr. Taras. He was very attentive in the initial visit until he revealed his true colors. His diagnose has been wrong numerous times and he has hard time admitting his faults. If you have a serious disease that requires prompt medical care, please find a doctor who has professional knowledge and experience, instead of a doctor who is busy covering his own ass and raises money for a breast cancer cure in order to make his status higher at West Hills Hospital.
RID: 785470
09/02/09 1 1 1 1 I am relieved to hear that others are speaking out against Taras; it seems I'm not alone in being victimized by his dishonest practices when it comes to ordering labs. I was very fair with him and complained honestly and openly, even using his secure web as demanded. He never replied back, nor returned phone calls, even though he promised that he does. Others complained here anonymously, but I was open and direct; I filed both written and oral complaints with his office, the lab, the insurance company, etc. To this day, he has not directly addressed my complaints, nor yours. Others who complained here are heroes to me; God bless you for speaking out. I hope you never let this rest unless Taras decides to work with you directly to resolve the disputes. Until he makes things right, you are doing right to complain in every avenue available; you are protecting other women from him. Since he refuses to listen to complaints and address them, these matters are still open and ongoing.  See Responses
RID: 713286
31/10/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Taras. He answers emails. He is active in breast cancer walks & fund raisers. He answers my questions. He has a good sense of humor. He's a great person & a fabulous doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 700771
13/10/08 3 3 3 3 No point giving any negative reviews because you will get a mean, insulting retort from DrTaras.
RID: 697288
06/10/08 5 4 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Taras for 9 years and I cannot imagine seeing anyone else. He not only meets the requirements of being a knowledgeable physician, but he has an incredibly warm personality that makes you feel comfortable and cared for. In addition, he donates an incredible amount of time each year to coordinate a team for the Revlon Run/Walk, which is one of the top-ranked team and which I've participated in for the last 3 years. If it's not obvious, I highly recommend the services of Dr. Taras.
RID: 697154
06/10/08 1 3 1 3 I came to Dr. Taras via wonderful reviews as he has just asked his patients to write on his behalf for these websites. My initial visit was on time and unrushed. I had the sense from his office staff and from him that they truly cared about my well being. I came to find out, thankfully sooner than later, that I was wrong. Dr. Taras ran unnecessary test and my out of pocket expenses were getting very high. When I inquired, the response from the office was “because he ordered the tests”. No matter what doctor you put your care into the hands of, you should be able to ask whatever questions you want and have the doctor, himself, get back to you. Not his receptionist or via email! Dr. Taras runs a very unprofessional business with no regard for anyone’s schedule or time except his own. He holds himself up on a pedestal, and if he came down off his perch, he may infact be an okay doctor.
RID: 697139
06/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras is an amazing gynecologist. You are never rushed and he always has time to answer just one more question. He is always thorough and professional yet is also warm and caring. He's patient and understanding and never judgmental. If you ever face a serious health issue, he's the one you'd want in your corner. He has easily earned my highest recommendation.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 696775
05/10/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Taras was the only doctor I saw on a regular basis for many years - even though he was my gynecologist and not a family doctor - it felt like he was my family doctor. We recently moved out of the area and I will miss him!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 696772
05/10/08 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Taras for over 10 years. He is straight forward, caring and dedicated to his patients. There is no other doctor in this field that I trust and respect more than Dr. Taras!
RID: 696362
05/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras has been my doctor for ten years, and has delivered three of my children. I have also gone through several miscarraiges with him, and he is hands-down the most caring doctor I have ever met. In additon to caring he is also incredibly knowlegable and is extremely accessible. You can write an email to him and receive a very quick response! He really will spend a lot of time with each of his patients, and you always feel like he has plenty of time for you! The staff in his office take his lead and they are sweet and caring and knowledgable as well. The only negative I can say is that I am so sad that he no longer delivers babies!
RID: 696176
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras is one of the best physicians I have had the honor to care for me in my years of being a patient. He always goes above and beyond what you expect of him by way of thoroughnes and follow-up with medical test results. He is amiable and always respectful. He stays up to date in the current research and treatments. In a time when physicians are providing less, he continues to provide the best treatment a person deserves. I know this is difficult in this day and age with all the obstacles physicians face. For this reason I respect him and his level of care all the more so. His office staff is always pleasant, efficient and caring. The office is sanitary. I recommend him highly to all in need of gynecologically care.
RID: 696174
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 I am a very satisfied patient. Dr. Taras has helped me with severe pain/bleeding,and has performed outpatient surgery on me and I have nothing but positives to say. Although my outcome wasn't perfect, he never led me to believe it was going to be, outlining all of the possible outcomes of my NovaSure prodedure. Dr. Taras is always helpful, current on new medications, procedures and really makes me feel comfortable in this office. I have referred many friends and will continue to do so.
RID: 696137
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr, Taras is the best obgyn you will ever find. The sad part is, he stopped delivering babies!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 696128
04/10/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Ian Taras is absolutely, hands-down, the best gyno I've ever had!!! He is compassionate, considerate, friendly, has an excellent bed-side manner, and makes you feel very comfortable. No matter what the subject (which could be embarrassing or uncomfortable) he always puts you at ease. He's done everything from routine office visits, delivered my youngest daughter (11 yrs ago), performed an endometrial ablation on me, and he is absolutely amazing. His staff is friendly, helpful and courteous as well. I've been seeing Dr. Taras now for about 12 or 13 years. I would recommend him to anyone. He's the best!  Respond
RID: 696127
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 After dealing with female issues for over 20 years-I finally found the BEST Doctor in the state of California! From my 1st visit with Dr Taras I was impressed-1st by the amount of time he spent actually talking to and listening to me- nearly an hour and 1/2-almost unheard of these days-and then by his compassion, caring and understanding of my problems. He was the only DR that I had seen that offered a less invasive hysterectomy-LSH- and when I made the decision to finally do it-I had wished that I had found him years earlier.I was able to go home the same evening of my surgery-no overnight hospital stay. And was back to work in less than 2 weeks. In addition to that-Dr Taras has helped me thru this maze of life called menopause by his ability to think outside the "traditional HRT" box-and his expertise in bio identical HRT therapies. Dr Taras has made a HUGE difference in the quality of my life. I would recommend him (and have!) to any woman seeking a kind, caring, knowledgeable DR
RID: 696099
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taras is a fabulous doctor. He gives a patient the comfort to discuss openly even the most difficult topics. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Ian Taras to anyone that I know and I have. I have had several procedures done under his expert care and each time my experience has been absolutely fabulous. He is always approachable and makes the patient comfortable no matter what the situation.
RID: 623489

24/06/08 1 1 1 1 The exam room is kind of dingy and grubby. The stirrup socks were dirty, and the sink and garbage can needed to be cleaned.  See Responses
RID: 443693
13/11/07 1 1 1 1 He suggested I purchase extensive a la carte STD testing because he hopes to promote the idea of universal screening for STD's. I declined on the grounds that my old fashioned husband and I have no need for that and wouldn't pay for it. He acknowledged my explicit refusal after extensive discussions and I thought the matter was closed. While he was performing pelvic and pap, he took additional samples and then ordered expensive STD tests, but didn't reveal that he'd done so. When the results came in, one of his assistants called and said that the pap culture was normal. She didn't mention that other tests had been performed. Recently, we got a huge bill from the lab that performed the secret STD tests. I called the lab and they said they were ordered by Dr. Taras. I called the office of Dr Taras and they said that by state law, he has the right to perform any test he wants, regardless of the patient’s refusal. I wouldn't have consented to the pelvic had I known what he'd do.  See Responses
RID: 392941
27/08/07 5 4 5 5 Dr Taras is a people's doctor. Super nice, he will spend time to LISTEN to your questions and concerns. I moved out of state and continued for years to see him. I miss him a lot!!
RID: 49559
09/10/06 5 5 5 I intended to homebirth but went to see Doctor Taras for a recommended consultation. I thought Dr. Taras was extremely kind and gentle. He explained what he was doing during any procedure. He also did not treat me with any indifference even though I was choosing to homebirth my baby. He's a great doctor that I would not hesistate to refer to a friend. Thank you Dr. Taras!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 31998
08/06/06 5 5 5 A wonderful caring doctor.Extremely knowlegeable.Spends as much time as a woman and her family needs him to answer questions and concerns. A wonderful listener. A doctor like all doctors should be.
* - Rating left by a registered user