Dr. Michael A. Garone

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/06/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Michael A. Garone has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Michael A. Garone
Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

08/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 3610319
20/11/13 5 5 5 5 In 2000, I was taken for the 2nd time with Acute Pancreatitis. Dr. Garone was the GI doctor that picked up my treatment. The Dr. is very knowledgeable, excellent bed side manners. After discharge from Fair Oaks, I had the customary follow ups at his office. His staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. Dr. Garone played a key role in getting me transferred to George Washington Univ Hosp in DC for follow up surgery and treatment by Dr. Paul Lin, another excellent Dr. I have the highest regard for Dr. Garone.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael A."
RID: 2773546
17/08/13 3 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Garone for over 25 years because I have chronic Crohyns... He has been right on the diagnosis every step and has been unusually successful in keeping my symptoms in check. He monitors me carefully with GI examinations and watches the effects of the medications closely. My last internal exams for upper and lower GI proved that the disease is mostly healed and not progressing which is unusual for a male patient well over 70 who has this disease.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1545031
23/09/11 5 4 2 3 Substituted himself with another, beginner doctor; so much for waiting for the appointment for 3 weeks. It ended up with just giving me a prescription I used to have from another doctor, without listening to my concerns and explaining any of them. I told up front that the brochure they gave me for acid reflex is of no help to me at all, but the doctor just repeated the same things to me once more without paying any attention to what I've just said. After all, I spent 5 min with the doctor, paid my co-payment, and that's was end of story. Extremely frustrating experience.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1155451
23/04/10 5 4 5 5 I visited this doctor when I started getting Acid Reflux symptons. The doctor seemed to be in a little hurry to listen to all my concerns. This may have been because he knew, what I was suffering with based on my first few comments. He identified me with Dyspepsia and then recommended Ultrasound, Bloodwork and an upper endoscopy. He performed the upper endoscopy on me which was perfect and based on the biopsy from that process identified a H.Pylori infection. The ultrasound came back with Gallstones so he recommended to have it under observation with the PCP.Good knowlegable, experienced doctor, seems to be in a little hurry though.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 998043
29/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr G's knowledge and confidence took me through a colonoscopy and EGD that I had postponed when suggested by other doctors. He was with me before and after the procedures - checking to be sure I was OK and to see if I had any questions. He gives 100% and expects the same from his office staff and the hospital staff. The patient is his number one concern.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 973888
27/08/09 2 4 5 5 As a women, I find Dr. Garone to be rather intimidating. He's not the friendliest guy in the world and he talks to you with his back to you when you're in his office. However; my internist says he's "the best" so I put up with it. Anyway, do I really need to be on friendly terms with my gastroenterolgist??? He's professional, comes to talk to me in person after my colonoscopy and most of all, I trust him. What more can you ask? My only concern: twice his staff have given him the wrong chart when I've seen him in his office. That's kind of scary, especially when my last name is unusual. But,I would definately recommend this doctor.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 941580
21/07/09 3 5 4 5 dr garone knows his stuff! you can trust what he says to be true and honest. he has your best interest at heart.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 939772
18/07/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Garone was wonderful. Succinct, to the point, very knowlegable, and very concerned. He was honest and kind.After my proceedure, HE came in to talk w/ me, not a nurse or tech. I can't thank him enough!!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 645404
23/07/08 5 5 5 5 KP referred me out to Dr. Garone when they couldn't schedule me in-house. He's not trying to be buddy-buddy (which I actually prefer), but he's very nice, very professional, and very competent. He's good about keeping you updated, and exploring all avenues of possibility. He must take excellent notes, because he remembers to ask you about everything you discussed at the previous appt. All members of his staff I have dealt with have been very friendly (lovely nurses/techs at the Endoscopy Center!), and helpful. So far, I've been very happy with my treatment from Dr. Garone.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente