Dr. Carol Salem

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Carol Salem has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5496111
27/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Salem is truly one of the best (invested in her patients: excellent bed side, always explaining the course of treatment/action, and putting the patient first) doctors I've ever had the pleasure to be treated by. Having baldder cancer, and needing to have a cystoscopy regulary, she is always concerned about my discomfort. Before becomong her patient I called her office to scehdule an appointment to obtain a second opinion, she saw me gratis, reviewed the diagnoses/report, and recommended a treatment path with a formal letter.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5387882
19/04/14 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Carol Salem to be very skilled and professional. As a urologist and surgeon, you could not find anyone better. She cares a lot about her patients. She also worked closely with two other physicians, and the three got me back on my feet, when I knew that death was tugging on my shirt-tail. The other two physicians were Dr. Sabina Wallach of La Jolla, CA and Dr. Anuradha Koka in Vista CA. If you wish any further information from me, please contact me Jeff May, email address [email protected]
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2553320
07/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Salem is amazing!!! She is approachable, knowledgable, and compassionate. I'm so lucky to have her as my doctor:)  Respond
RID: 1514321
16/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Carol E. Salem removed my Prostrate, using a Da Vinci robot in July 2011 at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego. I felt no pain and was up and walking 24-hours after my surgery. She visited me in my hospital room at least twice a day to check on everything and even ordered me breakfast one morning. I went home 60-hours after my surgery. The catheter was removed 6-days later, and in 10 more days I was continent. I’m pleased to give Dr. Salem, her staff, and all the nurses at Mercy Hospital the highest rating for excellence.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1398321
26/03/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Salem's done over 1000 Da Vinci prostatectomies, and I was one of them. If anyone was BORN to excel in their field, it's her. When I had to choose a surgeon quickly for insurance reasons, she met with my wife and me for 90 minutes after hours on a day's notice for free-- and she made sure we understood everything. Afterward, we decided Dr. Salem was the one before we even reached the elevator. During my operation, she spent an extra 90 minutes gingerly separating the neuro-vascular bundles from my prostate. Within a couple of weeks I was able to ease back into normal activities. It's been a few weeks and I couldn't be happier; I'm now cancer-free and all my stuff works! To say that we're grateful to Dr. Salem is a gross understatement. She completely rocks.
Insurance: Pacificare
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1306277
02/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Salem saw me after another Dr. told me I had stage 3 bladder cancer and had 6-9 mos to live-she operated 10 days later and I am now cancer free and living a normal life-God works thru her hands-she is a blessing to know.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1291221
10/11/10 1 3 2 5 She's a great doctor. Too bad she didnt do the surgery, letting a student do it instead. Being under general anesthesia, I didnt realize until I tried to get a copy of the surgery report, and it was writting up by one of her students, who said that she was "scrubbed and ready" but did not actually do the surgery, which resulted in me becomiing impotent  Respond
RID: 1216582
27/07/10 5 5 5 5 DR. SALEM IS THE MOST PROFESSIONAL,CARING CONFIDENCE BUILDING PHYSICIAN I HAVE EVER MET. SHE SAVES LIVES WHILE BEING HUMBLE AND COMPASSIONATE. SHE SAVED MY HUSBAND'S LIFE. WE WILL FOREVER GREATFUL.  Respond
RID: 1190231
15/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Salem performed prostate surgery using the da vinci robot. throughout my entire treatment she was caring and professional. I came thru the surgery with flying colors and I owe my life to this wonderful surgeon. During my surgery, she called my family 4 times FROM THE OPERATING ROOM to advise them on my progress and to ease their concerns. That says alot about Dr Salem. Even after the operations when I was recovering at home, if I called her with a questions on concerns she always got back with me very quickly. Her post operative care is excellent. Thank you Dr Salem for your kindness, compassion, knowledge, skill and concern. You are the best. Bob Pavon
RID: 927551
02/07/09 4 5 5 5 I was went to see Dr. Salem after my previous doctor did not provide, according to my own research, including consulting with other urologists, appropriate care and treatment of my bladder cancer. I followed Dr. Salem from UCSD to her present private practice. I've put up with using other doctors, to my chagrin, just to remain a patient with Dr. Salem. I've been with her for about 6 years. The amount of trust I have in her abilities is unmeasurable. She is an outstanding doctor and person.
RID: 692571
28/09/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Salem is a truly wonderful surgeon and human being. She accurately diagnosed the severity of my cancer and skillfully operated on me to remove it. She always clearly explains what I am going through and what I can expect in the future. She is accessible, warm and reassuring. I can't imagine going through this experience without her and I am thankful and grateful that she is my doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $7000
RID: 2622
31/10/04 4 5 5 She is an awsome doctor who has helped me alot and has done great surgeries on me with no complications. Even when I was in the E.R. waiting to be seen, her nurse came down and Dr.Salem saw me in her office instead of having me wait to be seen by someone in the E.R.  Respond