Rate Dr. Brett W. Katzen

Dr. Brett W. Katzen's Ratings

Very competent and personable. I went for a second opinion and was surprised by the amount of time and thoroughness I received. This is a place where they really care about you. Glad I found Dr. Katzen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1982948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

I had an unfortunate experience from another eye doctor. I went to Dr. Katzen for a second opinion. He surgically corrected my eye with better than expected results. I was so happy, I paid to have my sons eyes done by Dr. Katzen as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1982947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Top notch doctor and my vision is great! I would send all of my friends. Thanks Dr. Katzen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1982946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

I had seeked the opinion of several eye doctors for my somewhat complicated eyes. Dr. Katzen won me over. After a very through evaluation, he explained why I was somewhat not a perfect candidtate to have my vision corrected. He went over all the options to correct my vision with a full discussion of the risks and benifits. We together devised a plan. Well, after all is said and done, I am tickeled. My vision is great, better then I expected. He underpromised and overdelivered. I couldn't be happier. Thanks Dr. K. Your the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1982945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2007

You can tell almost immediately that Dr. Katzen is passionate about his work. He did a tremendous job with my surgery and I owe him a lot for correcting my vision. He is a friendly guy, good people skills and he sincerely cares about me, the patient. He made me feel at ease and I never worried about my surgery. I have been to other eye surgeons, and quite frankly, there are none better than him. Thanks Dr. Katzen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1982944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2007

Since I hate having to fill out insurance paperwork during my visit, I called 2 days in advance to make sure that Dr. Katzen accepted my insurance. The secretary assured me he did, so I provided my plan number. While at my visit, I told him the purpose of my visit was to inquire about Lasik surgery. He ran me through the full gamut of tests, and tried 4 times to get me to sit for a "contact lense fitting" (which has an attached $75 fee just for sitting). I told him no all 4 times, and asked about Lasik. He let me know briefly that I would have to be older, as my eyes might change, and to contact the secretary about any charges left. I was really unhappy, so I walked to the secretary and asked if I had any balance or co-pay and she said "no," that I was all set. Two months later I got a $140 bill from Dr. Katzen for the eye exam, which I had been told in advance was covered by Blue Cross. The secretary denied ever telling me it had been. I just paid it, and won't be returning...ever ;-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1982943].votes_count ]]