Dr. Laurence M. Fakinos

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Laurence M. Fakinos has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5660898
18/07/14 4 4 1 4 Dr. Fakinos is not my primary OB but I was referred to him while 38-week pregnant since my own doctor was out of office. I agree that you don't feel rushed at all during the visits and he explains well, and one time I needed him to give me a call back he did. So I am very pleased with office visits. He did deliver my child and unfortunately the result and what it took to deliver the baby wasn't at all what we had discussed. Although I had a very LONG and a complicated delivery, I never got a follow up visit or call in the hospital from him before he left on vacation leaving me at a mercy of another doctor on a very late and short notice too. I went through A LOT of suffrage postpartum and I think had he listened to my needs carefully all of that could've been easily avoided. Maybe all of this happened because I wasn't his primary patient but I don't think that shouldn't have mattered. I am sorry that I had to go to him for delivering my baby! it was very unfortunate on my part!!!!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Laurence" to "Laurence M."
RID: 2439039
04/10/12 5 5 5 5 Best doctor I've met. With his approach he sets high standards for the other practitioners and that's why I'm having a hard time finding/sticking with a family doctor. I wish I can use him as our family doctor not just OB. He is a really good listener, never makes you feel rushed. He delivered my two kids and I was looking forward to his daily visit at the hospital to check with him all my concerns. Approachable and down to earth; if he doesn't have an answer he will research and follow up or refer you to a specialist. He works great with the other specialists in the delivery room, making the experience much easier on the new moms. Great office staff that didn’t change much in the last 5 years. That’s a good indication of not only their loyalty, but also of how well they’re treated by Dr. Fakinos. He’s an inspiration to everyone.
RID: 2403867
17/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fakinos was my doctor dealing with ovarian issues. He explains issues at a level easy to understand. Dr. Fakinos has an incredible bedside manner. He does do alot of follow up after hours and on weekends which is rare. Dr. Fakinos made me feel like I was the only patient he had.
RID: 2400119
13/08/12 5 5 5 5 Great listener! Taking his time with a patient, no rush. Very knowledgeable. I was reffered to him by my primary physician for annual check up,..I called on Friday and next Monday got an appointment. Staff is very pleasant too. Great experience so far..
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2381067
21/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fakinos is my obgyn for my twin high risk pregnancy. He is very caring and explains & answers all questions. He has a kind heart ...I recommend him 1 million % His office staff also is very caring and make you want to keep coming back. And never want to see a different obgyn again.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2350568
11/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fakinos is truly a wonderful proffesional Dr. his entire staff is a great representation of his practice. We highly reccomend him.
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 1449734
25/05/11 5 5 5 5 I love him!! Delivered my 4 kids! Friendly staff, listens and never makes me feel rushed! Super helpful!
RID: 1275308
19/10/10 5 5 5 5 I completely agree with the other reviews. I wish I could use him as a primary MD and not just a gyn. He addressed my needs when other dr's brushed off my diagnosis. He's extremely kind and patient. Great ofifce staff too!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1269952
12/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fakinos delivered both my children. I would recommend him highly based on his level of professionalism, knowledge, advice and caring way about him. His staff is also the best! ;)
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1267162
07/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Fakinos is the best he deliver my 2 childs Alex and Gissell He's very profecional,he did excellent job along with he's team good blees you Dr. and team AT Norma Garcia
RID: 1236421
24/08/10 5 5 5 5 I agree with everyone else, he is the best, he delivered my second child and he did such a good job cleaning me after the baby was born that I didn't feel any pain what so ever when the anesthesia wore off. He is very personable and so is his staff, I have been in other OB's offices and I have been left in the room for 2 hours! That will never happen at his office. He is definitely my OB of choice.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 959799
11/08/09 5 5 5 5 All i have are positive things to say about Dr. Fakinos.I unfortunetely had a miscarriage about 3 months ago and when i called him, office was closed but the operater was able to get a hold of him, he then called me back personally and guided me through the phone on waht to do, he then asked to see me ASAP. he kept checking on me(it was a weekend) he called me from his cellphone throughout the weekend to make sure i was doing fine. I will definetely keep seeing him when i get pregnant again. He's great!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 944354
22/07/09 5 5 5 5 I agree he is a good listener and doesn't make you feel rushed. He was only late once and that was due to delivering a baby. I would highly recommend.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 632545
07/07/08 5 5 5 5 Excellent OB/GYN. Highly recommend Dr Fakinos. I have seen him now for 13 years and births of 2 children, great bedside manner and friendly private practice. Very knowledgeable and does not take risks. works out of a large well known medical center. I am a local RN and the nurses think he is one of the best physicians to work with.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 629254
02/07/08 5 5 5 5 Great Dr. Very helpful! Listens to every question you have. Does not rush you at all. I had some questions regarding a previous sonogram and he called me back personally and answered my questions. Best OBGYN I have ever been to.
RID: 448863
23/11/07 5 5 5 5 Nice proactive staff in the office, never had to wait for scheduled appointments. Dr. Fakinos is a good listener and you don't feel rushed throghout the appointment. He's knowledgeble, takes into consideration your opinion and works with you for the best solution.  Respond
RID: 2620
31/10/04 5 5 5 I just love him.. I had 4 ob/gyns before him including ones for my 1st baby. Unlike the others, he sits down with me and listens to me talk and discusses things over with me. He totally respects me as a patient. When I was 35 weeks pregnant, I went to see him as someone recommended him to me. He listened to my ideas of how I would like my baby to be born and provided his own professional knowledge. In the end, he didn't get to deliver my baby but my birth plan which we put together was strictly followed. I am completely pleased with my experience with him. He hardly made me wait everytime I went to see him. I want to have another baby just to have him as my doctor (but my husband wants no more). Also he's very very gentle. I highly recommend him to you ladies who is seeking a real caring ob/gyn.
Insurance: HealthPartners