Dr. Douglas L. Gillott

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Douglas L. Gillott has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5492085
23/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gillott delivered all 5 of my kids. I lived well over a hundred miles away for my last two but stayed with my mother in Desert Hot Springs for the final days so he could deliver the babies.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Douglas" to "Douglas L."
RID: 2462906

31/10/12 2 2 1 2 While Dr. Gillott was friendly and efficient, he displayed a petty, temperamental and unprofessional attitude, which interfered with his service. H refused to see me for my post-op and would not acknowledge or discuss injuries to my body that I received during surgery. Numerous complaints were filed. Very devastating experience.
Insurance: HealthFirst
See Responses
RID: 2457665
25/10/12 5 5 5 5 He is the best OB/GYN I have had.My delivery was so smooth .He is an excellent doctor.My baby is turning one in November and I could not ask for a better doctor than him.
See Responses
RID: 2361164
13/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gillott was the best doctor I had. He was personable and knowledgeable. He let you ask questions and answered them thoroughly, making sure you understand.
Respond

22/06/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "SACRAMENTO" to "PALM SPRINGS", Med School changed from "Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112" to "Tulane University School Of Medicine", Grad Year changed from "1992" to "1996"
RID: 1708773
08/02/12 5 5 5 5 He is the best OBGYN I have had.He is a gifted doctor and handled my delivery really well.I would highly recommend him .
RID: 1243691
04/09/10 5 5 5 5 Best OB ever! I'm under Dr Gillott's care for my twin pregnancy, and couldn't be happier. He and his staff provide excellent and thorough patient care, he answers questions and never rushes me out of appointments. He is by far the best OB I've ever had.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1162055
03/05/10 5 5 5 5 He is THE BEST doctor I have ever had. He is friendly and knowledgeable. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. All of the nurses agreed that he is AMAZING and they all recommended him over any other doctor in the network!  Respond
RID: 1159037
28/04/10 4 5 5 5 Hands down the best doctor I've experienced. He went above and beyond to help me. I was amazed that a doctor such as this really exists. I would reccomend him to anyone proactive about their health!
RID: 1069100
04/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Gillott was TRULY the best!! He has such a great, funny, and caring personality. His attention to detail was key, as I was having twins. I transferred to him while I was 8 months pregnant and even as a new patient he gave me such superior treatment, even making it possible for me to have my boys scheduled on a holiday! I had a c-section and my husband to this day thanks Dr. Gillott for the excellent job he did on my incision. We are no longer in Sacramento but would HIGHLY recommend him if you are, he made my experience feel so at ease. Thank you Dr Gillott!
RID: 1015751
22/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gillott is the best doctor I have ever had. He genuinely cares about his patients and is very reassuring. Is office is very busy, but the staff is always available to answer questions. I would highy recommend him as a doctor. He is friendly and caring.
RID: 920857
23/06/09 3 4 5 5 An amazingly nice, encouraging, and knowledgeable doctor that LISTENS. A model that other doctors should follow.
RID: 839343
23/03/09 4 5 5 5 He was the best doctor I have ever had. Made me want to move to Sacramento just to have him deliver my new baby!! Birth was truly an awesome experience with him....thanks Dr G.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 612246
11/06/08 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Gillott. He is one of the few doctors who clearly loves his jobs, and remembers patients details rather than relying entirely on a chart. He is always cheerful, honest, and overall great. He has made my first pregnancy as smooth of a ride as I could ask, and I definitely recommend him to anyone in the area!
RID: 535747
11/03/08 5 5 5 5 Hands down the absolute best doctor I have EVER met!!! After a nightmare year of other doctors telling me that there was nothing wrong, he took the time to explain all of my options and went through all the steps with me. As I neared my surgery date, my 11 year old son became very anxious. Dr. Gillot met and talked with him and explained everything to him! But to have a doctor that actually says, "You have nothing to worry about, I'll take good care of you." There is no price for something that precious!
RID: 396920
04/09/07 3 4 5 5 This man is the best OB/GYN in the world. He delivered two of my babies and was so supportive and helpful through both pregnancies. He always took as much time as needed to answer every question I had and reassure me if I needed it every step of the way. And even delivering a breech, he was calm and patient and encouraging.  Respond
RID: 394161
29/08/07 1 2 4 4 He is very kind and was quite helpful even though he didn't know much about the specific problem I had. However, it takes WEEKS to get in to UC Davis even for fairly urgent stuff. In my opinion waiting so long actually made my problem much worse and harder to treat. Dr. Gillott is great but I highly recommend you avoid UC Davis physicians because of the office staff (not helpful, rude, and not knowledgeable about basic issues) and how long it takes to get in for appointments.  Respond
RID: 383029
09/08/07 5 5 5 5 THIS IS THE BEST DOCTOR! HE'S SO SOO WONDERFUL! He deliverd both of my boy's i couldnt be more happier with him, he's very nice i would consider him a great friend even. i always knew i was getting the best care possible with him.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 156947
24/02/07 5 5 5 Very nice, funny, and genuinely concerned about his patients. I went in to see him about a cramping problem and instead of simply prescribing pain medication like many other doctors would do, he took the effort to find the root of the problem. He ordered blood tests and an ultrasound; found what was causing my pain and performed the surgical procedure to cure it. I have had no problems since.  Respond
RID: 31766
06/06/06 3 5 5 He is very kind and knowledgable. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and is doula friendly.....