Rate Dr. B. Kenneth Nelson

Dr. B. Kenneth Nelson's Ratings

I have been to other therapists over the years and I find Dr. Nelson to be one of the best. He is caring, intelligent and insightful. Dr. Nelson is not boring or just interested in passing the time to get your money. He takes an interest in your life and sincerely wants to help you with your problems. Dr. Nelson also has a good balance of interaction with me; he doesn't just listen all the time or give his interpretations or suggestions all the time. My experience is that Dr. Nelson is an experienced practitioner who is able and willing to dig in at each session to help his patients. That sounds like exactly what he should be doing, but you don't often find therapists who are qualified, able and going strong at it so consistently.

Submitted April 24, 2014 | flag

I have been to many doctors over the years and he has helped me more than all of them combined. He is incredibly knowledgeable. Only complaint is that it is sometimes difficult to reach him being that he works solo. I highly recommend him.

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

I have over the course of a lifetime been to probably 20 different psychiatrists many of them skilled and well known Dr Nelson has helped me more in 6 months than all the past help I revieved from all the other therapists combined Without any doubt he is the smartest insightfull and skilled Dr. I have ever met It is a privaledge to know him . I suffer from chronic pain , anxiety and depression and he has been a livesafer He also has helped me accept and move forward from family abuse I suffered from childhood that has plaqued me for decades I have an immense amount of respect for this man I have gotten to know him and he has no pretence and is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met He is very busy If you can get him to take you on as a patient it can make a huge difference in the quality of your life . Of course everyone is different but there is no doubt in my mind Dr Nelson has helped more people than any other man I know , and more likely than not if you can get to see him , he will help you as well

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag

6 months going, and yes its expensive... but its paying off. i trust him and his judgement. contrary to a previous post, i have found him to be very precautions about dx conditions and medications prescribed. he is not so much based on dx as he is treating symptoms. that is crucial to me, because i dont want to be labeled. i would recommend him without a doubt. and believe he does his best in a field where speculation and and prescription diagnosis often meet. again i will continue to update my experience as time goes on-SR

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

first vist went extremely well. i found him to be pleasant and sincere. he asked in-depth questions to best suit my medication needs. he explained his diagnosis in great detail. he even listened to my personal input about the medications he wanted to prescribe. as this was my first visit i will update my rating as time goes on.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the State Medical Board against Dr. Nelson following the death of my husband who was under his negligent care at the time of his death. I would not recommend this doctor to any family looking to keep their loved ones well.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nelson is the absolute best psychiatrist I have ever met! I've seen multiple, mostly through inpatient hospitals, and they're the type who just want you in and out, "oh you feel this way? Take this". Dr. Nelson will listen to a full explanation of your symptoms and problems, etc. And then he will tell you about multiple medications that are used to treat the symptoms, and recommend the one he think would work best for you. He also always makes sure to see if there is a possible negative interaction with the new medication he's recommended and what you're already taking. And then he fully explains how it works to help you; first he explains the scientific process with medical jargon, then simplifies it for further clarification. And he works 6 days a week! And will fit you into his schedule as soon as he can and at your convenience. He is also very kind and personable. He also offers free samples of certain medications so you can see if it works before you fill a prescript

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

Simply put, he's the best. I am grateful that I found him when I did. He's compassionate in a field where some others are not.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2011 | flag

Praise th Lord for Dr. B. Kenneth Nelson. He goes above and beyond with his psychiatry expertise, care, kindness and extreme compassion. Dr. Nelson is the definition of always goes the extra mile. I have been a patient for over 15 years. Dr. Nelson is superb and is one of kind in his profession. To put it into words he is awesome, superb and most of all is extremely knowledgable to give his paients the best care. He is a God sent! :-)

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

This provider was recommended to me by a former therapist. He told me that he was out of network and completely in his own private practice. This was not true. According to United Behavioral Health, my insurance carrier he never left the network. This provider charged me $230 out of pocket. In addition to that he has kept the insurance check that was sent to him after I submitted my claim. I informed him that UBH still considered him in-network and contractually obligated to accept the network rate and not charge me up front. Apparently he has chosen to ingnore this contract and has not reimbursed me for the $230 I paid out of pocket to him. I suspect that since he could not work out his dispute with my insurance carrier for not removing himself from my insurance network, he called me on Easter Sunday, one day before my follow-up appt with him and cancelled my appt for the next day (4/17/06). Before you see this provider make sure he has left your insurance plan.

Submitted June 12, 2006 | flag