Rate Dr. MARYELLEN AZAR

Dr. MARYELLEN AZAR's Ratings

LOVE this dental practice and will NEVER change! I can not rate Dr. Azar highly enough! She deserves 10 stars, not 5. I have been to 3 other local dentist and the quality and warm office atmosphere can't compare! In the 10 years I've been going, (husbands been going since he was very young) she continues to be extremely thorough and explains all procedures in advance! You will never wait in the waiting room to be seen as she is refreshingly punctual! Her work is carried through with the utmost of perfection! I have called the office off hours due to an agonizing toothache, which proved to be a necessary root canal, and was seen the next morning and treated! I am hoping she NEVER retires!

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

I had a completely different experience than the first reviewer. Every person I encountered was more than willing to answer questions and gave more than acceptable answers, especially the doctor! She was VERY thorough, and willing to spend time with me. She also returned a phone call when I had a question I forgot to ask in her office. I am scheduling my husband and children with her; I could not be more pleased.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

Wonderful, welcoming staff. State of the art office. Very pleased with her care.

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

We have seen Dr. Azar for 4 years. I had a cap last year that took 6 months for the pain to go away. At the time it took 3 shots to numb the area. I reminded her last week just prior to a filling that it took three shots, but I was told she'd numb the area properly. When the first shot didn't numb, I was told I had an aberrant nerve, which was later explained to mean location. I do not know if the nerve location is related to being part Native American, but my father has similar issues. I do know that Dr. Azar did not record the fact for future reference, nor did she know if nerve location is a function of race.(I was told, "We don't have many Native Americans in this area" in a condescending tone.) While it is conjecture on my part to assume she missed the nerve twice, it is factual to state there was no interest in learning on her part or recording data for future use. Combine that with a condescending arrogance, and we're choosing to change practices.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2010 | flag