You may also like

Rate Dr. Edward P. Melmed

Dr. Edward P. Melmed's Ratings

Dr. Melmed removed my implants on November 13, 2014. He told me I was going to feel much better. I was left with an infection and deformity. I almost died from the infection. When I first got sick after surgery (10 days), my husband called Dr. Melmed's office and told them that they needed to see me because I was in such bad shape. At first they told him no because Dr. Melmed had dinner plans, but my husband insisted and we had to be at his office before 4 pm because Dr. Melmeds dinner appointment was so important. Dr. Melmed aspirated my right breast (he didn't even wash the place on my breast with alcohol beforehand) and sent me home with penicillin antibiotics. I told him 5 minutes before he wrote the prescription and gave it to my husband that he needed to remember that I am allergic to penicillin. It is also in my chart at his office. I took two of the the penicillin antibiotics and got sicker and returned the next day to Dr. Melmed's office. He aspirated my breast again. The next day, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I tried to see Dr. Melmed again because the breast was swollen and red but he did not return my calls. On Thursday, Thanksgiving, my breast became bright red and hot. I tried to call Dr. Melmed to no avail. I went to the ER of Baylor hospital. The gave me IV antibiotics for the infection. Dr. Melmed showed up at the foot of my bed while I was sleeping a few days into my stay at Baylor. He babbled about his wonderful Thanksgiving with his grandchildren. He said this had never happened before. I was in a fog as I was on narcotic pain medication as well as the IV antibiotics. Unfortunately my Dr. Melmed nightmare continued. l was released from Baylor only to return a few days later when my breast burst open with pus. I had emergency surgery to remove the infected tissue. I have been in and out of hospitals and doctors offices for over two months. I am sick and I am deformed because of this "doctor".

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2685122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

The most kind, caring and skilled doctor I have ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Melmed by Linda Newkirk and Shirley Goodner of Arkansas. I had breast implant material left from previous surgeries and Dr. Melmed was to remove this. Had surgery 5/1996 and my father William McBurnett was with me. After Dr. Melmed's surgery I stayed with my dad and nearly bleed to death. I have two drains and this fell out (not sutured in) and blood was everywhere. I was in so much pain. When I confronted Dr. Melmed the next visit he said why did I not call him. Would you call a doctor who sent you home after breast surgery without pain meds? I had this surgery video taped and had to fight the media dept to release this to me. Also, my dad and I picked up the pieces of black implant capsules from pathology.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1984071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

I totally recommend Dr. Melmed he is the best. I had a tummy tuck 4mths ago and I tell you I feel and look great. He explains everything so well the process, and when he tells you I will reduce your pain as much possible he meas it. After my tummy tuck I probably took 2 pain killers thru out my 4 week post period. HE IS AMAZING and totally recommend him. His staff Linda And Jeanette are amazing also..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2013

I spent hours/days looking for a doctor I could trust to remove all of my silicone implants (en bloc). I drove from another state to be treated by Dr Melmed and his staff. They are wonderful. I am only 3 days post-op. I had no pain, no bruising. I have plenty of breast tissue left. I already feel better having those toxic implants out! Dr Melmed is wonderful! If you are sick because of your implants...he is the Dr for you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1984069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

If you want a flashy doctor got to one in D Magazine...if you want the best, go to Dr. Melmed!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2012

Dr. Melmed and his staff made me feel very taken-care-of when I went to them a few years ago, so now that I'm considering another procedure, I haven't even considered using another physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

Dr. Melmed is a wonderful, caring and skilled surgeon. He will let you know exactly what to expect after your surgery and is available for follow up sessions as needed. He made me feel comfortable and very relaxed prior to the actual surgery. I would recommend him one million times over!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2011

Did my breast reduction when I was 17 and did a FANTASTIC job. I reccomend him!!!! Treated me wonderfully, spent much time with me, lots of information given, I LOVE this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Great doctor, I came from out of state to see him. I would recommend this doctor. Great experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984064].votes_count ]]