Rate Dr. Alisa R. Ash

Dr. Alisa R. Ash's Ratings

I was a patient of Dr. Ash for a couple of years and thought she was a good doctor until I had a minor health issue during pregnancy. She started writing a prescription for a drug that has not been FDA approved for use during pregnancy. When I told her I was uncomfortable taking that drug she became frustrated, told me I was putting my child at risk of being stillborn,and left the room without finishing my exam. I went back to get the rest of my exam done because I was worried about the baby after what she had said, and she told me I shouldn't have been worried. I did research and found out there were other options for my health problems that she never offered to me. I felt I could not trust her as my doctor. Her office makes you prepay for prenatal care, I called to see if I could switch doctors and was told that at 32 weeks pregnant they would prefer if I found a new office because I was being noncompliant. I found a new office, never took the pills, and gave birth to a healthy baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

Dr. Ash was wonderful- best annual exam experience yet. I was barley in the waiting room 5 minutes and things moved quickly once I was in a room too. Dr. Ash spent more time with me than I have ever experienced with any doctor- she answered my questions, gave me information (verbally not just handing me a pamphlet), and discussed options WITH me like I was a intelligent human being. She has a great bedside manner (which is pretty tough to accomplish in such an invasive/vulnerable exam) and was kind and considerate of my time, concerns, and needs. I would definitely recommend her and I actually hope I live in this area when I am ready to have kids so she can deliver for me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][231828].votes_count ]]