Rate Dr. David Mattson

Dr. David Mattson's Ratings

Dr Mattson is so thourough in his field.Even though i still havent got a full diagnosis yet he dosent give up.I think if i was to say anything i cant get in to see him anymore he is usally booked a year in advance.Its been 2 years since ive seen him.But if i call he is the first doctor i know who will call you back and talk with you on the phone .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2012

He was very thurough and polite No problem getting an appointment Only problem I SAW WAS HE IS VERY BUSY We need more drs like him in Indiana. It seems we have a shortage of well trained neurologists in Indiana. Mosy of the pnes Indiana has are older Hindu men who seem to only want the drug company kickbacks for prescribing thier new drugs Dr Madson doesnt appear to prescribe medicine based on kickbacks but on what the patient actually needs to help them without all the bad sideeffects. I appreciate his thuroughness. Most physicians prescribe drugs just to pacify the patients, instead of actually helping them. I have MS and he did a great job for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2012

Staff rude and unattentive to needs. Doctor does not seem to have a full appreciation of the disease process and it's effect on patients cognitive well being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Mattson is a unique doctor. A combination of unusual medical conditions and symptoms turned my life upside down at age 42 - causing a true nightmare for my family and frustration for the many doctors I see or have seen. A strange combination of symptoms related to heart disease, then unusual pain, lack of normal movement and an unusual fatigue/exhaustion stopped my previous life. My level of functioning is at best impaired & sometimes life threatening, yet the symptoms are unpredictible. I have an inkling of what is going on inside my body and feel comforted by Dr. Mattson's knowledge, compassion and the patience he's shown throughout this journey, yet I do not fully understand my illness. I know Dr. Mattson is as knowledgeable as any specialist but he's said he does not completely understand my illness - which was a comfort to me - still, I know he's there when I need him. Because of this, I understand he is (as I've read here) hard to get ahold of, but in emergency, we call 911.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2010

At my last appt with Dr. Mattson, I laughed more than I ever thought I would while talking about MS! On top of being extrememly knowledgable and focused, he has a great sense of humor--something we MSers really need! I left that appt feeling happy and confident.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

Dr. Mattson while very hard to get a hold of when a "crisis mode" exist, is your best choice of a doctor when you have MS. He volunteers heavly with the MS Society which alone shows his devotion to help people with this very hard to understand desease. If something does not fit a "profile" he is not one to send in the Phyc's immediatly. Again the only problem I have is getting a hold of him, however that is the trade off I choose in order to have someone who is knowledgeable. I am an Engineer with a speciality, and my clients also state I am hard to get a hold of. However when the do I know how to help. I get many calls a day for help, and there is only so many hours in a day I can work. I think he is doing everything humanly possible. Good jog Mattson I only wish there were more people like you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2008

Had my worse flair up yet and get get ahold of him. I love seeing him and he is very confident but I need to see him now and all I do is leave messages.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2008

Dr. Mattson is wonderful. I've had MS for 8 years and he is my 3rd Neurologist. He gives me so much more confidence and is so knowledgable. He also has a great personality and isn't so stuffy like the other neurologists I've seen. Thanks Dr. Mattson!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2008

I am now seeing him at 8-10 months instead of 6 months. He is punctual when my appointment is scheduled but it is getting harder to get into to see him. IU needs to get another MS specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2007

They need to get another neuro that can treat MS. My apt was supposed to be 6 months, but now it's a year!! It's rediculous. Thanksfully I know enough about my disease that phone consults when necessary are ok for me. But what about those that don't know enough?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1984539].votes_count ]]