Rate Dr. Albert J. Fenoy

Dr. Albert J. Fenoy's Ratings

As someone else said I question the 2 negative comments on this site. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Fenoy, Shannon & his whole staff. Dr. Fenoy did my spinal cord surgery aout 2 month ago, on the C5, 6 & 7. This problem was discovered 4 or 5 yrs. ago. I was told @ that time that the probelem was very severe & could cause me to be a para or quad. The doc @ that hospital attempted emergency surgery on me, but aborted the surgery without doing any thing to my spinal column, saying I had too much calcium deposits in my neck & he could not complete the surgery. Dr. Fenoy stressed how serious my condition was & said it was serious enough it should have been done back @ that time. I have multiple other medical problems that put me at high risk to be on a ventilator after the surgery or to bleed to death during the surgery. Dr. Fenoy & Shannon went to extrodinary lengths, not only to reassure me they had everything under control, but had everything in place to take care of preventing any such occurences. The surgery went wonderful. I did not have to be on a ventilator, even thoug they had a Pulmunolgist on standby & he did see me in the hospital, had no problem with the bleeding & have healed remarkably well, needing very little pain med after the surgery. Dr. Fenoy told my husband while I was in recovery that I may be surprised at some improvements that I may experience & that indeed has been the case. Even though the condition in my spinal column was very severe, by the account of many doctors prior to Dr. Fenoy, I did not have the severe pain that would normally be assosiated with the condition, so that the surgery was more of a preventative from having a very, very serious result, from "any little mishap", as Dr. Fenoy explained, so that anything else that was improved with me was like extra gravy. There are too many good surprises to list here, but there have been several & on top of all of that Dr. Fenoy did such a good job of closing the incision, that my other docs have had trouble finding where the incision was. Also (It would take a female to think about this) Dr. Fenoy did such a great job with the closure that some of my "turkey neck" was no longer there. HA! HA! All of the staff were so great & so very patient with me & all of my concerns with my extra medical problems. I probably worried them to death, but they never once made me feel as though I was a bother to them & were all very nice & helpful. Prior to having the surgery, I did not really know anything about Dr. Feny, but as chance (or I would say say God) would have it, I happen to come in contact with 2 other folks who had, had surgery with Dr. Fenoy. Both said the same kind of things that I & other positive comments have said on this site. They, like myself, absolutely could not say enough great things about Dr. Fenoy. He should be rate #1 among all Neurosurgeons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Dr Fenoy,PA Shannon and his entire office staff were great. On my first visit Dr Fenoy spent about 20 minutes with my wife and I explaining my MRI and what had to be fixed. I was having sever lower back and left leg pain. I'm 66 years old and the injury was caused by me trying to lift a very heavy object. Dr Fenoy told me what he was going to and that I would have to spend one night in the hospital to make sure everything went well. The operation was about a week later at Memorial Herman in Humble,TX. The hospital staff and room were fantastic. The operation was about 1000 that morning and I was up walking around that afternoon with NO pain. On my follow up visits the wait time was short and PA Shannon was very friendly and professional when examining my back. It's been about five weeks since my surgery and I'm doing everything I used to do, just being more careful. In concludition, I would strongly recommend Dr Fenoy, PA Shannon, his office staff and Memorial Herman and the staff there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2751250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr Fenoy and Shannon, his PA are the best. The office staff is very courteous and attentive to their patients. I left the office very knowledgeable about my condition and with a plan on how to improve it. This is a great team!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2747548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Fenoy and his entire staff are fabulous. Having back surgery is a major decision & I felt that Dr Fenoy, Shannon - his PA, and everyone in the office answered my questions & addressed my concerns prior to surgery & have been very responsive to any questions /concerns since surgery. I am six weeks post-op from having a L4/L5 Laminectomy & wish I had done the operation sooner rather than waiting 2 years because I was scared. Very satisfied w the outcome of pain relief from surgery & the great care provided by Dr. Fenoy & his team.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Fenoy and his P.A. Shannon Yarima make a wonderful team and his staff is amazing! Very professional, highly skilled, and extremely kind. I would highly recommend his services. Before my back surgery I was suffering day to day. He fixed my back and forever changed my life. I can do things now I never thought I'd be able to do again. No more agonizing pain and numbness. Dr. Fenoy and Shannon are my heros!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2739886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

I had ACDF surgery a few months ago, and Dr. Fenoy and his staff were awesome. Dr. Fenoy and his P.A. Shannon explained everything to me and were very knowledgeble. I have yet to encounter any cons and I was overall very pleased with my entire surgery. I would HIGHLY Recommended Dr. Fenoy to anyone considering having surgery. GREAT STAFF!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2733638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

First I am an old retired RN and worked in the OR so I have some experience with Surgeons. Dr. Fenoy is exceptional! He was easy to understand and he understood me! I didn't want anything but a Lumbar Laminectomy (remove calcification around nerves in my low back) and he agreed. He was accommodating with his time and fit me in for surgery as we were leaving for an extended trip within just a couple of weeks of surgery. Shannon, his PA, is superb! I read the two negative reviews below and I question the authenticity of them. The entire staff was great. Hospital was great! And the office had coffee and even a snack if you wanted it. Great professionalism all around!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Dr. Fenoy and his staff have provided exceptional care on 2 separate operations on my neck and back. In both instances, he was extremely diligent in looking to resolve both issues with options prior to surgery. Once it was determined that surgery was the only alternative, he walked me through the procedures and outlined the risks and recovery expectations. In both cases, recovery exceed expectations which I believe is credited to his expertise and skill level. My neck surgery was incredible, I was able to return to work within the week and out of a brace within a month! I highly recommend Dr. Fenoy and his staff, their care and concern for the patient is impeccable and very professional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Dr Fenoy took the time to reveiw my films and provided me with options . the treatment he recommended for me worked and my symptoms have since resolved.Shannon. his Physician Assistant treated me like family and spent ample tome with me discussing my problem. the rest of the staff, Tina , Madeline and Surraya were wonderful as well. i am feelig so much better.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2729928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Very knowledgeable in his craft. The procedure he performed has helped me tremendously. His staff was very courteous and compassionate. His assistant, Shannon, was awesome. And they have free coffee and snacks in the waiting room :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2726982].votes_count ]]