Dr. PAUL R. GAUSE

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 27/10/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. PAUL R. GAUSE has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

17/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 5556566
12/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Gause is great, I have a l-5 bulged disc with nerve pain down my left leg. He was very detailed in all my options. Surgery was not my first option. I felt completely confident in his approach to making me better. The office staff was great too.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 4291536
26/01/14 4 4 5 5 Dr Gause is an amazing physician. I had severe pain at L4 / L5. He believes in only doing what is medically necessary to relieve the pain. He is conservative in his methods which I truly appreciate. Why do anymore than is necessary especially when the spine is concerned. I trust Dr Gausewit my life. I have raved about him to family, friends and strangers. He is awesome. His medical assistant, Jill, is so sweet and very knowledgable and goes above and beyond to help. I am forever thankful to Dr Gause. He is very personable and I have always felt comfortable talking to him. He has a great bedside manner.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1435668
08/05/11 1 5 1 1 I visited Dr. Gause with a severely herniated L-4 disc. At the time I was taking Oxycotin, and Percoset to knock down the breakthru pain. A fomula I don't support for my body, however the pain was unbearable. Dr. Gause advised me that he wanted me off of pain meds for at least a month so he could get the "real" level of my pain. Additionally he perscribed a bi-lateral epidural, and a test of the nerves on my facets. I told him that I had the epidurals now for 4 years and they were no longer effective, and that because the pain was centrally located from the herniated disc pressing on my nerve canal I didn't think nor did my pain physican think that that was a viable treatment. I left completely dishearted. I sought out an experienced physican in the valley, Dr. A. Yeung. Dr. Yeung arthroscopically removed the herniation with ease and completely eliminated the pain. I wonder how many people are suffering because of this rookie physican.  See Responses
RID: 1225048
09/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gause is a wonderful physician. He took the time to explain my condition and my treatment options. He was experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful. The Spine Institute of Arizona is not like the other spine centers I had been to. They really concentrated on healing me with non-surgical options first. It meant a lot knowing that surgery was the last option and the best option. I would recommend Dr. Gause and the Spine Institute of Arizona to any friend or family member that was sufferring from back pain or neck pain. They are a wonderful group of people, and it is wonderful to have pain management physicians, a chiropractor, and spine surgeon all under one roof. Thank you Dr. Gause, I am finally pain free!
Insurance: Aetna