You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark C. Valente

Dr. Mark C. Valente's Ratings

Dr. Valente did EXACTLY what he promised! My back pain is completely GONE & I've got my life back! He explained specifically in detail the procedure I needed, his surgery scheduler helped me through everything prior to surgery from medical clearance to navigating my insurance company authorization. His staff was always helpful, sometimes staying on the phone with me reassuring me along the way. I recommend Dr. Valente to ANYONE who's in pain, tired of pain meds & ready to ELIMINATE the problem instead of drudging thru treatment after treatment. Dr. Valente & his staff are truly wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2681222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

DR Valente did surgery on me in 2011, he was doing a fusion L4-L5-L5-S1 I spent almost 3 weeks in ICU due to two spinal tears. I am still disabled can not even make my own bed without having to lay down flat. You might want to think about another Dr, even the TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD concluded that my disability started on the day DR, Valente did my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2660312].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

I had sciatic nerve pain down my entire left leg keeping me from sitting, or walking. I crawled around for 5 weeks, I tried physical therapy, but it was not successful. I had a fusion surgery of L5 to S1. I am 4 weeks post operation and have no sciatic nerve pain whatsoever. Actually, no sciatica 3 days after operation at all. Valente knows what he is doing and is professional and friendly while being extremely busy. Highly would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Valente is an extremely talented and gifted surgeon. I had a previous anterior multi-level cervical discectomy with fusion 2 years prior that never completely fused. Dr. Valente came highly recommended and lived up to every bit of the high praise. His diagnosis was spot on and he took the time to explain everything to me. I am 5 months post op now from the posterior cervical fusion (C4-C7) and am finally getting a taste of what it feels like to be nearly pain free! I would recommend Dr. Valente to anyone who has suffered any kind of spine pain. Yes, he's a busy man and highly sought after, so be sure to schedule your appointment as early in the morning as possible to reduce wait time. I will tell you from personal experience that each day I was in the hospital Dr Valente came by to check on me around 5am, so keep that in mind when you see him that he's a busy man whose already 2-3 hours into his day by the time most people hit their first snooze button.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Amazing surgeon, bit if you value your time look for another amazing surgeon. Notoriously 2 hours behind for each appt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I am undergoing a spinal fusion next month with Dr. Valente... I am in horrible pain after 2 failed back surgeries with two different doctors whom were Nuerosurgeons. Dr Valente is so knowledgeable and promises he can relieve my pain. I have heard nothing but good about him and have full faith he will get me back to a better quality of life. Very positive doctor and extremely confident.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Very impressed with the timely attention paid to me during my resent visit with Dr. Valente. He was very kind, very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. Took me a while to get into see him as staff had some problems getting me pre approved. But once that was over, they were great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2475121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

had leg pain for over 11 months, tried therapy, pain management, nothing worked. 2 meeting with the Doctor then surgery, the pain it is now gone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][108089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2013

I have suffered with back and leg pain for a number of years and it just kept getting worse. I have had spinal decompression, physical therapy and steroid shots. All helped for a time but pain never totally went away and would come back worse than before. The past year got almost unbearable. Dr. Valente gave me options but said I would need surgery at some point. I scheduled surgery which took 5 hours but as soon as I woke up the pain in both my back and leg were gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Valente to my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][108088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2013

I had lower back pain that seemed like it was in my bones. Dr. Mark helped me figure out the source of my pain and what I could do to make it go away. It worked! He is helpful and smart and makes things easy to understand. Don't normally enjoy going to the doctor but I don't mind seeing Dr. Mark.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][108087].votes_count ]]