You may also like

Rate Dr. Ira Zaltz

Dr. Ira Zaltz's Ratings

Dr. Zaltz was breath of fresh air. I saw another ortho dr. prior to him and he said my hip dysplasia wouldnt cause me the hip problems I was having. He wanted to just do cortisone injection and said that he doesnt always believe findings on mri when my results showed pretty extensive damage to labrum and ligamentum teres. Would recommend him to anybody that is athletic with hip pain. You will avoid runaround with others and get treated before to much damage is done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Surgery scheduled on a weekend and dates keep changing. No one in office calls back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2822200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I will NEVER return o this office. Waited 4 days for an appointment at 10:30 am, I arrived at 10:15. When I wen o sign I here was a sign staing the doctor was running 1.5 hours behind schedule and was informed if I left I would lose my place in line. Staff was not very friendly either!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2764827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Been seeing this doctor for several years now only because no-one else will see me now that i am under his care. Worst office and doctor i have ever been to, at least a 2 hr wait in waiting room, staff is completely incompetent messing several of my appointments up, and doctor will lie to your face and push you into a surgical procedure. Horrible doctor and I not only give up on all modern medicine because of this doctor but i now have PTSD as a result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

he did a hip preservation surgery on me and did not manage pain well at all. Now being almost a year out my hip is worse then it was before and I cant make a appt to see him because I owe his office money and I am on medicaid and bcn so I am broke and cant afford anything at this point. I wish he could of been more caring and not money driven and he needs to learn how to manage pain . I wont recommend him to my worse enemy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I had a PAO with Dr Zaltz a couple years back. I very happy with the results! The surgery went seamlessly and the recovery was hard, but made so much easier with the use of CPM and other tricks from Dr Zaltz :-) I am so thankful I found him - I had searched all of michigan for a dr capable of doing a PAO and in my opinion, he is the only one! The scar is hardly visible, which is amazing! Yes, the wait is long to see him, but I feel like he tries to fit in as many appts as he can so we all don't have to wait months to see him! The ratings here that says his bedside manner isn't good are really a surprise to me. He is very caring, but he will move fast if you have no questions :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

Love Dr. Zaltz!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

It took 3 months to get an appt, then another 6 months before surgery. Each visit, I wait in the lobby for about 1.5 hours before going to an exam room. He barely spends any time with me, does not care to listen to me or answer my questions. He has been rude during every visit, even before surgery. He just told me there is nothing else he can do, I need to learn to live with pain, then he walked out the door. No bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1985942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2014

Dr. Zaltz helped my son in 30 minutes after 5 other doctors (morons - Emergency Room @ Beaumont) couldn't determine what was wrong with his arm for over a week. I can't stand most doctors and their inability to listen, but Dr. Zaltz really came through. The wait was very long, but the outcome offsets that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1985941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

By far 2nd to none! We in Michigan are so lucky to have a surgeon of his caliber and kindness. Dr. Zaltz is intelligent, passionate, has great bedside manner, humorous, and very skilled at what he does. He has vast knowledge about adult hip disorders and has operated on both my hips successfully. We've developed a fantastic patient/doctor relationship and he has followed through with me every step of the way, making recovery seamless. He will call back same day or next day to answer any questions you have and his assistant Jennifer is top notch too! The way he performs PAO's for hip dysplasia is incredible. The procedure time, the incision, recovery in the hospital, and recovery at home is by far superior to any other top docs out there for PAO's! You can be home in 3-4 days, only have a 4 inch incision, you don't need to donate blood prior to surgery or have a transfusion after, he's that good! He is a gem of a doctor. I can't say enough good things about him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1985940].votes_count ]]