Rate Dr. Ira Zaltz

Dr. Ira Zaltz's Ratings

I had a PAO with Dr Zaltz a couple years back. I very happy with the results! The surgery went seamlessly and the recovery was hard, but made so much easier with the use of CPM and other tricks from Dr Zaltz :-) I am so thankful I found him - I had searched all of michigan for a dr capable of doing a PAO and in my opinion, he is the only one! The scar is hardly visible, which is amazing! Yes, the wait is long to see him, but I feel like he tries to fit in as many appts as he can so we all don't have to wait months to see him! The ratings here that says his bedside manner isn't good are really a surprise to me. He is very caring, but he will move fast if you have no questions :-)

Submitted Aug. 26, 2014 | flag

Love Dr. Zaltz!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

It took 3 months to get an appt, then another 6 months before surgery. Each visit, I wait in the lobby for about 1.5 hours before going to an exam room. He barely spends any time with me, does not care to listen to me or answer my questions. He has been rude during every visit, even before surgery. He just told me there is nothing else he can do, I need to learn to live with pain, then he walked out the door. No bedside manner.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Zaltz helped my son in 30 minutes after 5 other doctors (morons - Emergency Room @ Beaumont) couldn't determine what was wrong with his arm for over a week. I can't stand most doctors and their inability to listen, but Dr. Zaltz really came through. The wait was very long, but the outcome offsets that.

Submitted March 14, 2013 | flag

By far 2nd to none! We in Michigan are so lucky to have a surgeon of his caliber and kindness. Dr. Zaltz is intelligent, passionate, has great bedside manner, humorous, and very skilled at what he does. He has vast knowledge about adult hip disorders and has operated on both my hips successfully. We've developed a fantastic patient/doctor relationship and he has followed through with me every step of the way, making recovery seamless. He will call back same day or next day to answer any questions you have and his assistant Jennifer is top notch too! The way he performs PAO's for hip dysplasia is incredible. The procedure time, the incision, recovery in the hospital, and recovery at home is by far superior to any other top docs out there for PAO's! You can be home in 3-4 days, only have a 4 inch incision, you don't need to donate blood prior to surgery or have a transfusion after, he's that good! He is a gem of a doctor. I can't say enough good things about him!

Submitted July 12, 2011 | flag

I have had dislocating patellas since I was in the 3rd grade. Both my mother and brother had the same condition I did. Both had corrective surgeries to fix this condition with no complications during and after surgery. I received surgery on both my knees from Dr Ira Zaltz at the age of 14. I am now 24. Ever since the surgery nothing good has come from it. Both knees still dislocate numerous times a month, I have severe arthritis, severe chronic pain, and for lack of a better word, severe malalignment. My R knee bends to max 90 degrees. And each day when i think the pain isnt that bad and i begin to forget about what i went through i look down and i see those 12 inch scars on my legs to remind me. (which by the way were completely unnecessary for what he did to me) I am writing this comment to warn people to research and do everything you can before you receive treatment let alone surgery from a doctor.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2011 | flag

Although the wait in the waiting room is long, I would never think of seeing another surgeon. I have hip dysplasia in my right hip. I am also a Type One Diabetic. Dr. Zultz has done nothing but help me. I will be having surgery in October and I wouldn't trust another doctor to do it. He explains everything very well, listens to what I have to say, and takes time to answer my questions. I really feel like he care about his patients and has a great attitude when it comes to surgery and treatment. Dr. Zultz is awesome!

Submitted June 3, 2010 | flag

We have had Dr Zaltz since our son was born 10 yrs ago. We really apprieciate his compasion towards the children and his honesty with us. He is one of our best doctors on our team to care for our special needs son. Our son has spastic quad c.p. and Dr Zaltz works with us to keep the surguries to a minimum. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2010 | flag

I Have nothing but GREAT things to say about Dr. Zaltz! The wait time may be a little long sometimes but this is my experience with EVERY doctor I see. Dr. Zaltz is very busy but took the time to call and speak to me personally which is rare in the world of doctors. I am so thankful for having been referred to him when I was as the surgery he performed saved me from a hip replacement at age 29! Thank you Dr. Zaltz,I am forever thankful to you and your staff. Any of you who have negative comments, show me your medical degree and then we can talk. Until then, Dr. Zaltz is forever my hero :)

Submitted Jan. 5, 2010 | flag

There is not enough words to describe how good Dr.Zaltz is. He is my favorite doctor by far, I am 13 and had ben to several doctor's I was just not going to let anyone into my body. Dr.Zaltz explained everything to me and he put a Rod & 6 Screw's into my spine and corrected my scoliosis. I seriousley look forward to going into his office. He let me make all the decision for my surgery. He always makes me feel so comfterable going to his office. Yes, there is a long wait and you never really know when you are going to get in but it is totally worth it. Dr.Zaltz came in on Easter Sunday to visit me in the hospital

Submitted Sept. 2, 2009 | flag