Dr. SAMER S. GHOSTINE

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. SAMER S. GHOSTINE has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5595521
03/07/14 5 5 5 5 I had surgery done by Dr. Ghostine, in my head after being diagnosed with a brain tumor. He did such an outstanding job, i am grateful for the work he has done. I recommend him for the work that he has done.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5589429
30/06/14 5 5 5 5 Had the best service I could ask for. Surgery went great I could not be happier. Thank you Dr. Ghostine
RID: 5558280
13/06/14 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor... totally rebuilt my brothers back after a motorcycle accident..this man is great...nice soft spoken...two months out from surgery almost completely pain free
RID: 5437572
01/05/14 5 5 5 5 i highly recommend Dr sam ghostine he did my complex neck fusion and I am very happy with him and his staff  Respond
RID: 5436272
30/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ghostine and the staff at Loma Linda are truly remarkable. My 82 year old dad broke his back falling in the shower this past January. Dr. Ghostine and his team were very informative and explained the whole process, which included without surgery, my dad would never walk again. Three days after the surgery, which required rods, places, and screws to repair the break, my dad was up and walking. Throughout the whole process, he was in very little pain. Three months later, he is now fully recovered and completely independent. My family will be forever grateful to Dr. Ghostine and the entire team at Loma Linda.
RID: 5323696
02/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ghostine is excellent. He is kind, compassionate, and more than competent. The excruciating pain I was having was taken away immediately by the surgery he performed. His staff is pleasant, professional, and very efficient. I would recommend Dr. Ghostine to my family and friends.
RID: 5311270
26/03/14 5 5 5 5 Professional, personable, and trustworthy. He conducted a thorough analysis and determined that I need surgery to correct a tethered cord. Dr. Ghostine was professional and accurate in his appraisal of what I would experience in post recovery. Absolutely blessed that I was referred to Dr. Ghostine.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5236584
13/03/14 5 5 5 5 This is my 4th lower back surgery. I wish I would have seen Dr. S. Ghostine at Loma Linda University Hospital in Loma Linda before my surgery in 2012. I definitely would recommend Dr. S. Ghostine to any one with back issues. He is the Best Neurologist Doctor I have ever had. Dr. S. Ghostine made the correct diagnosis and explained exactly what he would be doing to correct my issue. He told me what to expect from the surgery as well as all the risks involved with the type of surgery he would be doing. Dr. Ghostine was very honest and did not sugar cote anything. He had an excellent bed side manner and did not let his ego get in the way what so ever. (Very rare with other Neurologists I have had). The evening after Dr. Ghostine performed surgery on my lower back, (L5 - S1) 100% of the pain was gone. Six weeks after surgery 100% of the pain is still gone and I am walking without assistance. (No walker, no cane.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 5175620
12/02/14 5 5 5 5 My baclofin pump replacement surgery went as smoothly as possible. Dr. Ghostine and staff did a great job.
RID: 5175009
12/02/14 5 5 5 5 Six weeks ago I was admitted into the ER unit at Loma Linda University Medical Center for a ruptured disc at the L4-5 vertebrae,compounded by spinal stenosis resulting in compression of the cauda equina ,thus creating severe pain and the onset of paralysis from my waist down. I was immediately placed into surgery . Dr. Ghostine said to me your a miracle prior to discharging me for I had lost all feeling in my lower extremities and control of my bowels, WOW!!! I'm forever grateful, Dr. Ghostine he is truly the miracle worker quite the professional in his field .
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 3658120
16/01/14 5 5 5 5 I had many surgeries that left my legs numb and in pain. A neurological stimulator was placed in my back to no satisfaction. I was sent to Dr. Ghostine who went in and moved the sensors. Now my legs,feet and hips are pain free after 15 years of suffering. I am very grateful to Dr. Ghostine for what he's been able to do for me. He has given me my life back.  Respond
RID: 3621316
29/11/13 5 5 5 5 The Best! Dr. Ghostine was professional, caring and knowledgeable. After seeing four neurosurgeons for an issue with three of my discs, and a misaligned spine, Dr. Ghostine proved to be the one to give the correct diagnosis, and perform my surgeries. After years of pain I am now in recovery and on my way to regaining my life! I am extremely grateful for having found Dr. Ghostine.  Respond
RID: 3594430
03/11/13 5 5 5 5 Kind, compassionate doctor. Skilled surgeon. My husband had cervical surgery and his neck has not felt this well since 1972. We both highly recommend Dr. Ghostine. Staff are always friendly and helpful. We feel blessed to have received help from Dr. Ghostine.
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "SAMER" to "SAMER S."
RID: 2858468
16/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Ghostine is a kind person and a great surgeon. His staff is wonderful- they got me into his office right away and I had the back surgery that I needed soon afterward. I felt much better right away, and my leg pain is almost 100% resolved. I have been very happy with the results and have already recommended him to friends who suffer from a pinched nerve and have spine issues.  Respond

07/08/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2708982
15/07/13 5 5 5 5 I recommend Dr Ghostine very highly. My leg and back pain are much better after his surgery. I am happy he did my back surgery.
Respond

01/07/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2153803
22/05/12 5 5 5 5 Great surgeon. My pain is resolved after he performed surgery on me. My foot drop is resolved.
RID: 1463706
14/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ghostine is one of the most caring Surgeons I have ever met. He takes great care when seeing every patient and spends time to explain his findings and diagnosis in detail. He is also very well trained having completed 2 spine surgery fellowships after completing his neurosurgery residency. He operated on my back and I could not be happier. I have gained my life back and I owe it all to him. Highly recommended. Very few surgeons have his level of expertise and knowledge as well as his caring bedside manners.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

01/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1424309
25/04/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent surgeon. He saved my life. He is caring and compassionate.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 1422112
21/04/11 5 5 5 5 Very nice surgeon. Explains symptoms and options. Conservative in his management
* - Rating left by a registered user