Rate Dr. Amy Duckworth

Dr. Amy Duckworth's Ratings

Eager to sell me surgery. Glad I consulted an ortho surgeon instead.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014 | flag

Friendly lady but always get a second opinion, if you need a surgery go to a different doctor.

Submitted July 14, 2013 | flag

I was unable to log back in or correct a word in the previous review: "iliac" crest, not "uliac. From a letter I received from The CA Board of Podiatric Medicine, following a full investigation: "...an expert consultant for the board...determined that Dr. Duckworth departed, with [an] act of...negligence, from the standard of care in how she handled your son's pain management."

Submitted June 23, 2013 | flag

For a minor toe fracture, she performed a drastic "experimental" surgery on my 19-yr-old son, removing approximately 1 cm. of bone from the phalanx of his great toe. She placed a mammalian tissue implant in the joint space--using it for an off-label purpose without fully disclosing this or the the specific risks. For the severe pain that followed, she then prescribed 1300 narcotic pills in the first 90 days post surgery. My son has been in constant pain and pain management for the three years since this disaster. Orthopedic surgeons at Stanford and UC Davis have attempted three revisions, with grafts requiring bone harvested from the uliac crest.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag