Rate Dr. David A. Kurzrock

Dr. David A. Kurzrock's Ratings

overall, an unprofessional doctor, billing me for a "bumped into you at a hospital" consultation for several hundred dollars. Poor attitude, and definitely someone I would avoid personally AND professionally. Terrible bedside manor, and really seemed to be fishing for consultation money. Felt like a medical version of an "ambulance chaser".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1986680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2012

Dr. Kurzrock saved my life. I arrived in the ER with an emergency Pulmonary Embolism. (Multiple showers of PE.)He was decisive, accurate, bold in his treatment. He gave me TCP, performed a thrombectomy, and afterwards monitored my progress. After I was released from the hospital he ordered a number of blood tests to determine the cause/s of the PE. Based on the findings, he ordered a lifelong course of Warfarin. I had second opinion (Stanford) which confirmed his diagnosis. Dr. Kurzrock followed my case closely for the first year. I have continued to see him for a routine checkup 2x a year and I am doing well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1986679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Dr. Kurzrock treated my mother. He is knowledgeable but lacking in communicative skills. He is abrupt, curt and, in general, not very nice. Be careful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1986678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

Very professional, communicative and reassuring. Easy to understand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1986677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

NOt very responsive, took several weeks to report back on blood tests.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1986676].votes_count ]]