Rate Dr. David A. Rometo

Dr. David A. Rometo's Ratings

After thyroid cancer, I went to Dr. Rometo. I was not thrilled with his bedside manner. If you are just a "do what the Dr. says" kinda patient, you will love him! He reads the test results, and if they are "normal" he attributes the symptoms to "being old". I'm in my late 30's. I do not doubt that he is a good Dr., just not one for me. I want a Dr. who is receptive to the way I'm feeling. You know your body more than anyone else. If a Dr. brushes you off because of your willingness to be proactive in your health, you need to find a new one. Specialists, in this day and age with copays and deductibles, are very expensive. Use your money wisely.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2531225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Although I have only had one visit with Dr. Rometo I feel much more knowledgeable and comfortable about the symptoms I have been having. Going into his office I was nervous, but he explained the symptoms that I have and the types of disorders they could potentially be without making me stupid. He answered every single question that I had thoroughly and I felt very comfortable asking him to give me more details on things I didn't fully understand. Not once did I feel as though he was judgmental or arrogant as I have in some doctors offices. He was very thorough with the blood work that he is asking me to do to rule out any other disorders/diseases that may mask as what he thinks I may have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2255271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Rometo is a superb physician. As a nurse and a patient, I have worked with many physicians of all different specialties and am always impressed with his bedside manner. I have been managing my type 1 diabetes with him for 2 1/2 years now. Having a chronic illness, it's a constant struggle to manage my disease and lead a 'normal' life, however Dr. Rometo understands this and is realistic in his management approach for me as a patient. He is thorough, beyond helpful, encouraging, listens for my input in making my diabetes regimen work, and most of all, is just an all-around nice guy. Although going to the doctor is never "fun," I do look forward to my visits with him, because I am always reminded of what a great resource and support I have in him as my physician. I HIGHLY recommend him as an endocrinologist. He makes me feel comfortable and empowered to manage my diabetes in a realistic manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2255270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I will never go back to upmc again! I felt rushed and they made me very uncomfortable. Dr. Rometo was very arrogant and harsh. He Didn't listen to me regarding any symptoms and just ordered test to appease me. Pretty much told me to stop thinking I have a thyroid problem and not to go doctor to doctor just to get what I want. He was rude to me and made me feel belittled and even more frustrated..This is why people stop seeking help from doctors. I would NEVER recommend him to ANYONE!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2255269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

he is very snobby and rude. doesnt help but rather makes you feel worse

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][238169].votes_count ]]