Rate Dr. Niall E. Roche

Dr. Niall E. Roche's Ratings

I was refered to Dr Roche by my family physician. I was unable to get an appointment for 1 month due to his patient load. Due to a cancellation I received an early appointment. I had a mobility problem with my arms and shoulders. Dr Roche spent about 45 mins in a complete mobility exam and a general discussion of my life style. He asked many pretinent questions and listened intently to my complaints. He made a preliminary diagnosis and prescribed medication to releive my pain. He also scheluled a blood test with a return visit in one week. The prescription relieved my pain and the blood test revealed that his original diagnosis was 100% accurate. With his reccommended change in life style and medication my condition has improved immensly, as determined by subsequesnt blood test and my overall being. Dr Roche is extremly attentive to the patient as evident with his attention to detail. I highly reccomend. I do not understand why previous patients have patients posted a -ve report.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2011 | flag

When I went to Dr. Roche he asked me questions & then gave me a chance to ask all the questions I wanted. He ran blood work based on his suspicions. He then had me examined by other specialists to rule out some potentially disastrous issues. After reviewing all tests results he gave me his diagnosis & treatment plan. I had seen several doctors before Dr. Roche & none of them knew what was wrong. Dr. Roche gave me a spot on diagnosis & ordered the right medications. I was impressed by his medical knowledge & determination. I don't understand the remarks left by others on this site. Dr. Roche is both knowledgeable & professional. If he was late for his appointments I am sure it was due to his spending necessary time with other patients. His staff is always professional. I can't give a rating high enough for all Dr.Roche has done for me. I thought I was dying when I went to see him. He was my last resort & thank heaven he knew what to do for me.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

It has been at least 10 years since I saw this Dr. but my two visits with him rate as the all-time worst Dr. appts. ever! He was very late, extremely rude, uninformed, and there is no way I can rate his knowledge as all he did was give me a pamphlett and send me away. I had seen a wonderful Dr. in his Fremont office but then she left so ins. sent me to him, in Pleasanton. I offered to bring records from Fremont, not once but twice, they told me they would have them before my appts. but he did not have them for either visit. Sent me away the 1st time so he could review records, still didn't have them by 2nd visit. He should not be practicing medicine or allowed to work with people. I filed a complaint with the CA medical board but they did nothing. My PCP later referred me to UCSF, insurance tried to insist I return to this Dr. until they read the complaint I'd filed, then they approved it without anymore questions. UCSF Rheumatology was awesome! Avoid this DR.!

Submitted April 5, 2010 | flag

DO NOT USE THIS DR!!!! This Dr wasted my time for over 6 mos. I had to wait over 1.5 hours each time I had my appointment. He asked me the same questions every time and gave no insight on my condition. On top of all that I have been to the lab to get blood work done now 6 times and he keeps sending back for more!!! I have no faith in him and all he does is hurry you through your time with him even though you had a set appointment and he was over an hour and a half late.He gives you a pamphlet to read at home in case you have question's. I had called on a semi emergency to him as soon as his office opened and after I made 4 calls that same day he did not call me back until after the office had closed at which point my whole day was wasted. He cannot seem to give me a firm diagnosis on my condition and I am done wasting my time and money on him. I WILL never go back to him.

Submitted March 23, 2010 | flag