Rate Dr. Matthew S. Wilson

Dr. Matthew S. Wilson's Ratings

I visited Dr. Wilson based on a friend's recommendation. Since my insurance was accepted there, I decided to give it a shot. It would be an understatement to say that my expectations were surpassed after my initial appointment. There was no waiting time- in fact, since I've been a patient of Dr. Wilson, I have never waited for an appointment. Dr. Wilson is a knowledgable doctor with impressive credentials. He is a patient, kind doctor who listens to his patients and prescribes the appropriate medicine regimines. I've been a patient of Dr. Wilson's for three years now, and I would not switch to any other psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2568439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr Wilson's staff is incredibly unprofessional and incompetent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

This doc borders on incompetent when it comes to patient care. I agree with a previous reviewer that basically I decide what medication to try next. I have a scrip that he wrote a couple of years ago and I needed a refill. The office was contacted and never responded to the pharmacy. After TWO weeks of repeated contacts with his office I was told he could not refill the script unless I made an appointment. He is leaving in two days and will not be able to see me. I am leaving on vacation in two weeks so there is no overlapping time. This would not have been a problem if the office had told me about the need for an appointment two weeks ago when first contacted. Now I am faced with potentially going through antidepressant withdrawal while on vacation in Europe. The office suggested that I call my primary care doc and ask for the script. I am dumbfounded! The conduct of the doc and his office borders on incompetence. I will report this to whatever authority will listen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2256166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

He will not get back to people trying to reach him, even through his exchange. His office staff will occasionally forget to send in prescriptions and do not return calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][240113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

He never seemed to know what he was doing for the two years I was his patient. More often than not I was the one who had to decide what medication I would be going on- a decision I'm not in sound mind to make and that is HIS job to make. After playing musical medications and going through hell I'm moving on to a new (and better) psychiatrist. The worst was trying to contact him. The office never answers and even during an emergency when I called his exchange TWICE I received no answer for many hours. The only plus is that he is a cheerful man. I just don't think psychiatry is the career for him, I sincerely worry for his other patients and would hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][240112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Thorough understanding of medicinal effects and interactions. Spends time with patients. Attentive and caring approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][240111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Dr. Wilson is wonderful. Very detail-oriented and observant. Very knowledgeable and offered different options (not just 1, as did other psychiatrists I have seen). I'm very glad Dr. Wilson is my psychiatrist. He made it clear that he would be there for me, whenever I might need help; and I could detect his sincerity.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][240110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2011

Dr. Wilson is the best in St. Louis. I wish we could clone him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][240109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2011

Dr. Wilson is outstanding! He is considerate, detail oriented, and knowledgable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][240108].votes_count ]]