Rate Dr. Gene N. Barry

Dr. Gene N. Barry's Ratings

I would not recommend him. I was a size 0, he didn't cut me, I ended up taring from pee hole to butt hole, then he used clamps on my daughters head to pull her out. I had MANY complications after this delivery and many nurses saying I should sue him, that he shouldn't of done things the way he did. I also have 3 other friends that had bad experiences with him. He was an all around disappointment, and so was the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

I used Dr.Berry like most because he was reffered to me by a friend. My experience was great. With my first pregnacy i like most had tons of questions. Dr. Berry did not make me feel at all uncomfortable. he laughed and joked which helped me relax more. i also use him for my second pregnancy and the experience was the same. now that i am pregnant again and with twins there is no hesitation that i will be going back. thank you Dr.Berry you are a great doctor. what some people have to understand is that he has a number of patients and a personal life as well. he is human and we are not always smiling all the time. he has a job to do and that is to bring mother and child through delivery with minor to no complications. if he does that well then he has done what you or the government has paid him to do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

I am really glad some people have a positive experience with Dr. Barry, it is because of a word of mouth refrence that I chose him as my OB. I just wish I had read theese reviews ahead of time. It is my oppinion Dr. Barry is a very incompetent, uncaring doctor. I urge you to think twice before choosing him as you OB, if in the event you have a complicated pregnancy and need a doctor that can and will do whatever they can to help you, educate you amd ensure you have a succesful pregnancy. Doctor Barry has done none of this for me. I was diagnosed as having monoamniotic twins at my anatomy ultrasound. When trying to ask questions about my pregnancy to Dr. Barry I was ignored, when I pushed for info I was told to worry about things I can actualy do something about. I was devastated. But I did my own research and contactededicsl staff and learned about my pregnancy. I am making an appt to see afm doc no thanks at all to Dr. Barry and his neglence which Im reporting to med board.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

I dislike how he wouldnt give me an option on how i could deliver. i told him how i did not like needles and he laughed at me and told me i wasnt gunna get that option there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Barry's for over 10 years. I really like how he talks with me and his staff is very nice and organized. His office is clean and they always have plenty of time to answer my questions. I would and have recommended him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

Dr.B rocks my socks, he and his staff are wonderful... He answered any questions I had and told funny jokes to make me comfortable.. He is a great man... I hope he is still an ob for my 2nd child...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2011

I am currently using dr barry for my first pregnancy. if you're sensitive to jokes every now and then then no he's probably not the ob for you. but as far as being a doctor and knowing what he is doing I've always thought he was wonderful. I've never waited more than 10min if that in the lobby and never more than 10min in a room. I think he's great and I definitely wouldn't use anyone else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

After one visit Dr. Barry told me my Ovaries needed to come out, with me crying and no explanation given, he just said I am sorry and walked out of the room. Non caring and non professional!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

ask to make an appointment and they refuse bc i need to have record stating that i had to my pap smear and i told them i'll bring it the day i come in for the appointment but they in order to make appointment i had to turn in the record first or else they had to make an appointment and i have to pay $175. they were unreasonable and rude and had me waiting for 30 minutes just to tell me that they can't schedule the appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Barry was great during my pregnancy. He is aswesome for those of us who want to get in and out and realize pregnancy is not an illness. I had a few complications during my pregnancy, and he and his staff were always there to help me. He even gave me his parking space for my appointments because the parking is so bad at the hospital. I was not sure how he would treat me as I was accidentally pregnant at 37 and on medicaid, but he joked with me and made me feel at ease. I am pregnant again at 39 and would not use anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1988520].votes_count ]]