Dr. James Waldron

Rate Dr. James Waldron

Dr. James Waldron's Ratings

Ok so I normally do not take the time to leave reviews and I apologize to all the companies in the past that I have had good experiences with and did not do so...However when it comes to a situation like deciding on a neurosurgeon to do a cervical operation it can become very intimidating. So I felt compelled to give others the opportunity to hear how my experience went as they try and decide who they feel comfortable with performing on them. I was referred to this office from a Dr that I googled to be the best neurosurgeon in Austin, and he told me that my issues are too complicated for his expertise and then referred me to Dr Fox. Well being quite alarmed to hear that I called Neuro Texas and the only Dr who had an immediate opening was Dr Waldron. Well I am so extremely thankful that was the case because I could not have asked for any better of a situation. Just looking at my MRI he automatically knew that I had a major bone spur pressing on the C8 nerve that was causing my arm to go numb, along with other bone spurs, deteriorating disks, two bulging disks and arthritis. We were originally set up a surgery to do a disk fusion to help take away some of the pain as well as all the tingling and numbing that I was feeling in my left arm/hand. Then as any normal patient does, I went and saw a few other opinions from other referrals that I received and both referrals questioned how Dr Waldron could tell which nerve was being pinched and where it was coming from with just a MRI, so they decided to each run a different test on me to try and determine themselves. Well both extra test came back and confirmed what Dr Waldron had originally said. So now it was clear who our Dr of choice was going to be when Dr Waldron hit the nail on the head the first time. However I was recommended by one of the second opinions to not due the fusion yet because I was so young that my whole neck would be infused by the time I was 50 so they recommended to a procedure that went into the back of the neck and just removes the bone spur to relieve the pressure off that nerve. Then going back to Dr Waldron to follow up with what I had learned and didn't learn from the other Drs he totally understood my concerns about fusing so early and without any hesitation changed our procedure to do the spur removal only with no hesitation or attitude that you may experience from other Drs when you ask for a treatment that someone else recommends. The procedure went perfect as planned, I have not had one episode when my hand has gone numb and words cant describe enough how wonderful Dr Waldron, his personal staff as well as the office staff are. I am so fortunate and blessed that I was guided to Dr Waldron and knowing that I still have multiple issue that will need to be treated down the road, you just better still better be around here in Austin when it comes time to do them or I will find you and fly to where ever you are to have you perform them again. I thank you Dr Waldron and Zach, his medical assistant, more than I can ever tell you. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

I went to Dr. Waldron for a second opinion because I had an aneurysm that I had been monitoring for two years. Having only one carotid artery the radiologist that had been monitoring it was concerned and said that I should see a surgeon for another opinion. Dr Waldron entered the room and acted as though I was wasting his time. He just kept saying that small anuerysms do not rupture. I told him why we were concerned and he just repeated hisself. After we walked my wife asked what I thought. I told that I felt like I was keeping him from a golf game or lunch and wasted his time. She said that she felt the same. I went to another Surgeon who performed a craniotomy and clipped the anuerysm after which he said that it was so thin that he could see the blood swirling inside and that it could have ruptured at any time. We received a bill from Dr Waldron later and told them that we shouldn't have to pay at which point he lied and said that he recommended a follow up so we still owed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2475265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Waldron took care of my mom after a stroke and though she did not survive he worked tirelessly to try and save her. He was professional, likeable, easy to understand and very committed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2256625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I was very impressed both with all the staff and Dr. Waldron. He took time to answer all my questions in a way that was easy to understand. Highly recommended .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

I was diagnosed with multiple Brain aneurysms and met with 5 different Doctors in Texas. Dr. Waldron went to top rated schools and is an intelligent individual, however he failed to suggest a type of treatment for my case and I found him to be distant. My surgeries in Houston went flawless under the care of one of the top 1% endovascular surgeons in the US with 30 yrs experience(in Houston).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2013

Dr. Waldron listens to his patients, provides a detailed analysis of their condition and takes the time to explain their condition, possible solutions or treatments in normal terms. He cares about each and every patient and is dedicated to providing the best possible care. I would trust him with any member of my family!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2013

Dr. James Waldron is extremely knowledgable. He listens to his patients and answers their questions. He's very attentive with his patients. He explains the procedures in laymans terms. I would recommend Dr. Waldron any day of the week.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241005].votes_count ]]