Rate Dr. Bradley A. Trattner

Dr. Bradley A. Trattner's Ratings

Good dentistry, but bad ethics. Dr. Trattner was very good, but the office was not upfront at all about the fact that the office does not do in-network insurance at all, so he can charge a ridiculous amount. I trusted my general dentist in making this referral, knowing money is an issue after just having had to pay full price for a new crown that had gone bad after only two years. Anyway, he sent me here and I did not question. Once there, I inquired how much of the charge my insurance would pay and I was told 80% of the customary price. That was a flat out lie. Insurance will only pay 50% of what is considered customary and reasonable (mine is 900 for a root canal). Well, let me tell you, he charges wayyyyy over that. So the staff up front told me I could not wait to go anywhere else because I needed it done. Wow. I felt bullied into it! I should have had the root canal to begin with and my dentist should have referred me to someone who played by the insurance rules. The old "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" going on here. Done with both of these gougers! If you have the extra money to go here, good for you! Otherwise, go to someone in your network (He's not in any!). I was told he did not believe the insurance companies should dictate to him what to charge. Well, isn't he special!? Do your homework before coming here. There are plenty of other good endodontists that play by the rules. My husband paid 350 for his root canal and I will have paid about $1000. They were not willing to work with me either, even after I nicely pointed out that it was a bit deceptive to not explain the policy on the phone when making the appointment and then to tell me it was 80% of customary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Even though my my general dentist does do root canals, she sent me to an endodontist because she felt that my problem was, "Too complicated." So--I had to pay maybe 4-5 times as much to get the job done. Having said that, Trattner is very friendly, although his all female staff is a little on the rough side making sure that you pay the whole fee up front. The surgery itself is painless, the aftermath hurts a lot, and the outcome--in my case--was successful. Trattner assured me I could call him at his home or at his office anytime with any problems post-surgery. But when I did phone him at the office, his staff wouldn't let me speak with him directly. Overall, I was satisfied with the outcomes, and this Doc seems to have a good rep with general dentists in the area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241536].votes_count ]]