Rate Dr. Marina Gafanovich

Dr. Marina Gafanovich's Ratings

I've been her patient for the past several years. Unfortunately, due to insurance companies raising their premiums AND cutting some of the coverage (outrageous!!) I have to co-pay some part of my annual physical procedures. However, I find it extremely useful to undergo the checkup, as many times it can prevent many diseases and health issues. As per Dr. Gafanovich, I praise her as a very knowledgeable physician with ton of experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2727689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Never had a problem with Dr. Gafanovich. I don't have to spend hours in the line which is really important. Her advice is always precise. I trust her decisions and have no intention to switch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2693911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

she is one of the worst dr i have been to. she is very rude and so is her staff. when you go to other office u can pay ur copay by cash not her

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

the WORST!!!!! After taking the morning off from work and going uptown for my scheduled appointment with Dr. Gafanovich, the Doctor would not see me bc I didn't have a credit card. I have Blue Cross/shield insurance and my co-pay in cash, but the doctor's policy according to her office staff is that she keeps her patients credit cards on record so she can bill for anything that is not covered by the insurance. To put this in perspective, i was there for a routine physical which is 100% covered by my insurance. All the years that I have been going to doctors I have never seen anything like this, they could have at least been curteous and as a new patient allowed me to see the doctor with the stipulation that next time i have to provide the credit card. and they don't they don't tell you that over the phone when you make an appointment so I wasted my time and took time off from work for nothing.It makes you wonder if Dr. Gafanovich is more interested in a few dollars than her patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2475283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Marina is the most caring PCP that I know in New York. She is very knowledgeable about various conditions and is very comfortable to talk with, especially if you have a condition you are ashamed of. My family and I are patients of Dr. Marina for quite some time and she has never failed to help us. She is truly a wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2257011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2257008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

Dr. Gafanovich has been my PCP for 6 years now. She actually "inherited" this practice from Dr. Scileppi, whom I had been a patient of for 20 years. She is one of a few doctors out there who actually listens and cares about the patient (not the disease). Dr. Gafanovich goes as far as giving out her cell phone for emergency calls (which happen all the time during the weekends). Great doctor with a great attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I don't really visit doctors too often, but I try to do a timely physical exam, to be on the safe side. Dr. Gafanovich is located in front of my office, and she offers same-day appointments. She is very attentive and has good manners. I never had a problem there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][241959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

My first impression with this doctor is that she was very kind. I went in for a physical and explained to her that I had been getting sick more frequently (every month a cold). After checking me she felt a lump and had me get an ultra sound. When explaining the results to me, she explained NOTHING. She simply told me I had two small things and to return in six months because she had nothing to compare it to. "I have nothing to compare it to", seemed to be her favorite phrase. It seemed she has no knowledge of what she was reading and didn't explain the results to me or the next steps. I was upset and scared to I took it upon myself to read the results and found another doctor. To make the long story short, the other doctor told me she should have asked for a biopsy. It turns out I have cancer. I'm glad I followed my gut and went somewhere else. DO NOT GO TO HER!!!! I was lucky to have listened to myself but I don't wish the same thing to happen to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][241958].votes_count ]]