Rate Dr. Baoku Liu

Dr. Baoku Liu's Ratings

I really wish I had a great experience like most reviewers. I came to him with terrible migraines and they only seemed to get worse the more I saw the Dr. I'm sure he's a knowledgeable accupuncturist. Unfortunately his bedside manner is terrible. He found it funny when I said he was causing me excruciating pain. I ended up having to walk out half way through a session :(. I've had Accupuncture before (over 5 years ago), it was never painful and did wonders. Looks like I'm going to have to track down my old accupuncturist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

Dr. Liu is the best acupuncturist. I recently started going through menopause, and I was dealing with the hot flashes ok, but the flashes were starting to come more often and more severe. I then started getting headaches and becoming nauseous. I had no idea, these other ailments could be brought upon by menopause, until I did some research and found other women complaining of the same thing. That was the last straw. I was driving my husband and myself crazy. I had used Dr. Liu in the past for a torn Achilles' tendon, in which he was able to get my flexibility back. I called him and told him my situation, and he said come in and I will make you young again. If you are person who is weak, don't like hair thin size needles, don't like to be touched, or afraid to be uncomfortable this is not for you. This is for people who truly want to get better. Anyway 8 sessions later, and some herbal pills, I can say I have NOT, had a hot flash, nausea, or headache do to menopause at all. I mean nothing. I didn't expect to have no hot flashes, but then he said, I thought that's what you came for. This is my story. All I can say is acupuncture has worked for me, it doesn't work overnight, but you have to give it more than one or two sessions, to see if it really helps you. I'm 46 years young, and Mother Nature threw me for a loop, but so far I'm winning this round.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Had headache for several years... Just 1 month, twice a week -- I can enjoy my life again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr Liu is a true master acupunturist who saved my life. When I first went to him I almost passed out on the table. I had been suffering with symptoms of dizziness, feeling ****, fainting, nausea and extreme fatigue. I went to emergency room, neurologists, ear doctor, and even other specialists. No one was able to help me, for three months I basically stayed in bed and prayed for everything to go away. I would get a little better and then relapse as soon as I started to get active. After seeing Dr Liu who treated me for the dizziness and fatigue, I got energy back and the dizziness was much reduced. Was able to go back to work and get my life back. After seeing him for almost six months I am feeling so much better, making plans for my business and ,mostly back to normal. I highly recommend him, he treated my sciatica in just 3 treatment basically took care of a 30 year chronic situation. Also Tom the massage therapist is the best, I am a massage therapist so I would know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2475316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Liu. I was suffering from terrible menstrual cramps, but after already the first session I didn't have to take any painkillers. My life is now PMS- and cramp-free, totally different feeling! I’ve been seeing him for a few months now and every time I come I always asks me how I feel and what is going on in my life to adjust the session accordingly. Once I came to the session with congested nose and wet cough and all was gone just after one session. He is a great doctor, I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2257723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

He does magic. What can I say? He is what is standing between my body and surgery or pain killers. I am so glad I went to his office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2257722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I had great experience with Dr. Baoku Liu both from mom’s chronicle cough and my neck pain treatment. My neck pain bothers me from time to time until I was passed out one day and suddenly could not move my upper body. During some worst day, I could barely pick up chopsticks and little cough would cause whole back shooting pain. After a few sessions, my neck condition improved significantly. My mom has chronicle cough in the past 30 years. It is extremely painful for her to fall into sleep and bothers her a lot for normal daily life. Also, once serve cough comes, sometime, mom could not breath. In the past, my mom already saw many doctors, experienced many medical exam, treatment without significant improvement.Surprisingly,after 2 of Dr. Liu's sessions, my mom’s cough stopped and after another 6 sessions, my mother’s heath improved significantly and haven't been bothered by cough for the past 6 months. It is never been like that before. It is truly a miracle !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][242987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

Fourteen years I suffered with neuromuscular pain. I saw mutitudes of Doctors, Physical Thereapist but no results were lasting until I tried acupuncture services with Dr. Lui. I had a serious fall from a ladder in 1998 and I tried to hold on with my left arm but the force of the fall tore my shoulder, arm, neck & back severly. Since treatment with Dr. Lui I am happy. Happy because I'm not dizzy, happy because I can breathe out of my sinuses, happy because my pain is gone, happy because I have a normal range of motion in my shoulder. I'm happy because I did the smart thing. I'm happy because I didn't allow myself to be afraid of a few needles. If you have any brains at all and if you're tired of pain then try Acupuncture. I fully endorse this therapy. I am Joe Kosmalski, I am a double Bachelor's Registered Nurse, Personal Trainer and a Massage Therapist and I'm completely satisfied with Acupuncture results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][242986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

I am shocked to read of the bad experience by a previous reviewer. Dr. Liu saved my life. For three years, I suffered from a general imbalance and sense of dizziness, with intermittent attacks of severe vertigo that made my life miserable. It was a daily struggle merely to get up and get to work. During those three years, I saw multiple neurologists and ear doctors, had several CAT scans and MRI’s, and went through physical therapy sessions designed to help the sense of imbalance most people were attributing to either atypical Meniere’s Disease (I had NO hearing loss) or an inner ear infection. No one could diagnose what was wrong, so they made up stuff. Mind you, I am skeptical about alternative medicine, but, figuring I had nothing to lose, I went to see Dr. Liu, who emphatically does NOT try to keep you coming to him; in my case, he told me to go away after fifteen sessions. He hurts, yes, but if you're suffering, but it's well worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][242985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2014

I had a very bad experience at Dr. Liu's office. I have great insurance coverage and was pushed to do multiple sessions that included everything, so the insurance company could be charged more. That included massage. After the first session, I requested not to have any massage done, but they insisted on doing it anyway. The third session, I again said I didn't want any massage, but Dr. Liu proceeded to do some with such strength that it gave me a headache. I am still sore from it 36 hours later. Dr. Liu also poked my stomach so hard trying to find "sore" places that he gave me bruises. Then he had the audacity to tell me I had to get used to being touched like that, when I made it clear I didn't like it! I was frankly shocked by this level of obtuseness and complete inability to listen to what the patient was saying. Maybe he was helpful for some people, but I bet they haven't tried other acupuncturists. The whole experience was horrible for me. I will not be going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][242984].votes_count ]]