Dr. Susan R. Hansen

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Susan R. Hansen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

15/12/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3611111
20/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hansen saved my life. Other doctors failed me. They misdiagnosed me. Working closely with an infectious disease doctor, Dr. Kogelnik, together they discovered my very rare bacteria and treated it. I also had a secondary condition, also elusive and difficult to live with that she continues to treat. Yes, she is caring and kind, but also the most competent doctor I've ever met.
Paid (or co-pay): $250
RID: 3610916
20/11/13 5 4 5 5 My insurance does not cover her. She was my first neurologist since I got epilepsy twenty years ago. I have tried another neurologist that was covered, but have never been happy with another neurologist. I have a lot of problems getting epilepsy medications to work. She is kind and caring and also asks how me about my life too. She honestly gets very pleased when things are well with me. She is very sweet to me, she also tells me to say hi to my mom. My sister is also a patient of hers, my sister is mentally disabled so my mom goes to all her appointments and my mom pays for her to see Dr Hansen. I sent a friend of mine to her too.  Respond
RID: 3610058
20/11/13 5 5 5 5 Caring, wise, professional, warm, loving, a beautiful mind, the kindest doctor I ever encountered. Been with her for almost a decade for migraines and other matters, some urgent, she is always there for you.
Paid (or co-pay): $250
RID: 3597519
06/11/13 5 5 5 5 Ethical, brilliant and kind; you will love this doctor. Highly regarded by her other physicians and adored by patients.  Respond

03/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Susan" to "Susan R."
RID: 2655091
22/05/13 5 4 5 5 She is amazing. I am a hard case with my epilepsy. She is understanding and really nice to me. I enjoy my appointments. She works really hard to keep me from having seizures.
Paid (or co-pay): $260
RID: 2321611
04/07/12 5 5 5 5 I have been with Dr. Hansen for about 20 years now and she treats me for epilepsy but she will take the time to talk about other medical and social problems. She is very astute, smart - she really is one of a kind She loves what she does and it shows
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1570160
25/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hansen is extremely bright and astute. She is quick to assess and make sure your pain lessens which is amazing! Her staff is so pleasant and helpful although I know how busy they are. I sincerely appreciate the follow-up as it makes me feel taken care of and at ease! Thank you so much, Dr. Hansen and staff! Jenena Hansson
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1560164
13/10/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Hansen is very thorough and knowledgeable about the very complex area of migraines. Both myself and my daughter have seen her and benefited from her treatment, and the medical clinic I work for frequently refer patients to her, and those patients report that they are extremely happy with her care
Paid (or co-pay): $140
RID: 1511647
13/08/11 3 3 2 3 My mother was recently diagnosed with ALS. We have never been exposed to ALS before. My mother chooses not to know her prognosis; however her family needs to know. The doctor will not speak with us without my mother's permission, even with my mother's approval. This leaves the family not knowing what to expect and when with my mother's particular case.
Insurance: Medicare
See Responses
RID: 694750
02/10/08 5 5 5 5 I love her. Except for the fact that her office is woefully understaffed, I have always been happy with my experience. She is knowledgable, caring, and an overall terrific doctor.  Respond
RID: 398693
06/09/07 5 5 5 5 Excellent physician. Cares about her patients AND her profession.  Respond
RID: 30456
18/05/06 5 5 5 Attentive and skilled professional with great 'bedside manner' and kind, courteous professional staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield