Rate Dr. BARBARA N. SAMUELS

Dr. BARBARA N. SAMUELS's Ratings

We are very unhappy with this Dr. Front office staff unprofessionally dressed, suite is in a crowded storefront. Providers clearly overscheduled, appt began late, and we interacted with Dr. Samuels for maybe 45 mins total. During this time she told us "we don't do testing" even though I specified this as primary reason for visit at scheduling (she did administer a PPVT). Dr. Samuels sped thru a diagnostic checklist "interview" at top speed, brushed aside our attempts to give details, & as a result completely failed to consider ANY differential diagnoses. Based on superficial matches to several criteria, she stated that Asperger's was a possibility--right in front of my 8 yo daughter. When I said, "We are going to have fallout later from what you've just said-since she IS listening," Dr. Samuels said "yes, yes" and WENT ON! My objection did not even register with her. I discovered later her specialty is--guess what? Asperger's. We don't appreciate cookie-cutter dx and won't be back.

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag

Our appointment for our school age daughter went well. Dr. Samuels went above and beyond in explaining the various testing questionnaires and diagnoses. She was calm and polite with our often trying child and provided us with plenty of materials to research.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2012 | flag

We went to Dr. Samuels for support/recommendations for our son who has ADHD and sensory processing disorder. She indicated she would not get between us and the school district by making recommendation for our son in the school setting. She stated SPD wasn't a diagnosis. Further she educated us for over 20 minutes on the drugs perscribed for ADHD even though 3 other clinicians, already working with our son, specifically recommended our son not be put on medications (working well above grade average and behavior issues were well controlled using other methods). She recommended medication when all that was needed for our son was written support from a doctor for non-medication therapies to happen at school. Lucky for us our great district implemented our researched therapies and things are working well. I felt our two visits to Dr. Samuals was a waste of time, her patient was secondary to her perceived position w/ the school district. We're still in search of a Dr. for our son.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag